Top Posters In This Topic

• jw20147

• A Smug Dill

• LizEF

• amberleadavis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Google translation (also, sorry to your English teacher ;) ) :

I'm glad I found this forum, but unfortunately my English is not good (sorry my English teacher), so I'm sorry if I have some wrong words.

When I was 13, I woke up and the pen was a really fun writing tool, and a good pen might stay with me for many years. So I started to learn about the pen and I absolutely loved it.

Before college, I gave some pens to my friends and sold others.

Now I use F nib Pilot 742, Wingsung 101, Hero 100 (born the same year as me).

Again, nice to meet you.

Welcome to FPN! :) That's a nice little collection.  Glad you've joined us.

Google translation (apologies to all Chinese speakers :D ) :

欢迎来到 FPN! :) 这是一个不错的小收藏。 很高兴你加入了我们。

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Welcome to FPN. 歡迎你加入FPN鋼筆網論壇。

That was good of you to gift your friends with your fountain pens and kindle their interest! 你送筆給朋友,那真好,可能令他們對鋼筆也會産生興趣。

I'm not sure whether you'd intended to use language translation software to convert what you wrote into English before posting, but inadvertently kept the text as-is in Chinese. This is a forum in which English is the primary language of written communication, so there may not be too many other forum members and visitors who can understand your posts in Chinese; and fewer among those may actually reply. 這個論壇主要用英語溝通;我懂中文,但這裏多數壇友是不會的。你還是用英文發表吧!

Pilot Custom 742 是很不錯的筆。那就是你用作主力的一枝吧?

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! So glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

56 minutes ago, LizEF said:

Haha, a better translation of that clause in parentheses would be, “letting my English teacher down” to properly convey the sentiment.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

12 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Haha, a better translation of that clause in parentheses would be, “letting my English teacher down” to properly convey the sentiment.

Either way, I'd say google translate frequently lets language teachers down... :D

I'm sorry, I don't know what happened to my browser, after I finished writing the post in English it automatically converted it to Chinese and sent it out😂I am trying to find out why

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

Welcome to FPN. 歡迎你加入FPN鋼筆網論壇。

That was good of you to gift your friends with your fountain pens and kindle their interest! 你送筆給朋友,那真好,可能令他們對鋼筆也會産生興趣。

I'm not sure whether you'd intended to use language translation software to convert what you wrote into English before posting, but inadvertently kept the text as-is in Chinese. This is a forum in which English is the primary language of written communication, so there may not be too many other forum members and visitors who can understand your posts in Chinese; and fewer among those may actually reply. 這個論壇主要用英語溝通;我懂中文,但這裏多數壇友是不會的。你還是用英文發表吧!

Pilot Custom 742 是很不錯的筆。那就是你用作主力的一枝吧?

I don't know why my browser automatically converts my English into Chinese and sends it out, I'm trying to find out why.

Yes, my friends love pens too (we met because of pens online) and we often trade and give pens to each other

The 742 is a really good pen, the Parker 51 and his imitations (like my other two pens) that I've always loved before. Because of the 742, I am going to try the platinum 3776 later.

40 minutes ago, LizEF said:

Either way, I'd say google translate frequently lets language teachers down... :D

Yes, translation sites always translate sentences in weird ways, so I'm worried if my words will bother you.

1 hour ago, LizEF said:

Welcome to FPN! :) That's a nice little collection.  Glad you've joined us.

Google translation (apologies to all Chinese speakers :D ) :

I will try to use it, thanks (I also hope my English can be improved soon😄).

5 minutes ago, jw20147 said:

Because of the 742, I am going to try the platinum 3776 later.

They're good too; I have a few of those. Don't overlook Sailor, though. Out of the Japanese ‘Big Three’ fountain pen brands (i.e. Pilot, Platinum, and Sailor), I like Sailor's nibs the most, although the incessant stream of ‘limited edition’ or ‘exclusive’ colourways it churns out season after season is cynical and got boring fast.

The Platinum #3776 Century's main selling point, given it no longer offers a price advantage over entry-level gold-nibbed Pilot and Sailor pens, is the Slip & Seal mechanism, which is very effective indeed; but, in my experience, Pilot Custom and Sailor Profit models prevent ink evaporation when capped almost just as well, in spite of not having a spring-loaded inner cap mechanism. I pulled out my Sailor Profit Black Luster the other day, which to the best of my knowledge (i.e. from my records) was last filled three years ago, and it still wrote without hesitation as soon as it was uncapped! Absolutely astounding. The converter in it is still half full of ink, between what little use it has seen and what evaporation may have taken place in 36 months.

The Platinum #3776 Century's next biggest selling point, I suppose, is that it offers UEF (Ultra Extra Fine) nibs at no extra charge on the entry-level models, and they're pretty damn fine. That said, the size #5 14K gold EF nibs on Pilot Custom models, and ‘medium-sized’ 14K gold EF nibs on Sailor (Professional Gear Slim, Profit Standard and Profit Light, and Promenade) models get close enough to that level of fineness and precision.

16 minutes ago, jw20147 said:

Yes, translation sites always translate sentences in weird ways, so I'm worried if my words will bother you.

I think we're a pretty understanding group - we're from all over the world, so we'll be patient with "weird" sentences. :D

15 minutes ago, jw20147 said:

I will try to use it, thanks (I also hope my English can be improved soon😄).

You're doing good so far. :)

2 minutes ago, LizEF said:

so we'll be patient with "weird" sentences. :D

Koala is mad that its head got transplanted… 

27 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Koala is mad that its head got transplanted… 

:lticaptd:

ETA: ...onto a penguin. (Yes, I remember.)

Welcome to the forum, people here are proving to be very nice, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic about pens! 

欢迎来到论坛,事实证明这里的人们非常友善,知识渊博,对笔充满热情!

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done"  Ludwig Wittgenstein

"It is impossible to design something that is foolproof because fools are so ingenious." - Groucho Marx

large.FPNWelcome.png.691f2612d13f7c0621a0c62585df6f4c.png

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams