Any Pen Case that accommodates Pilot Parallels or a Guider Desk Pen?

CXC

Please, can anyone help me in my quest for an over-long pen case?  I have some Pilot Parallel pens that could use a case.  Pens are 168mm (6.6in) long capped.  Even more impossible would be a case for my one Guider Desk Pen, which measures a whopping 20cm (8in).  Both advice and smart remarks welcome.  Thanks in advance.

AKA Ichiro Fakename

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CXC

• A Smug Dill

• my63

• Licue

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CXC said:

I have some Pilot Parallel pens that could use a case. Pens are 168mm (6.6in) long capped. Even more impossible would be a case for my one Guider Desk Pen, which measures a whopping 20cm (8in).

Paperblanks pencil cases are 220mm wide overall. They should have no problem accommodating Pilot Parallel pens that are not designed for portability, not exactly precious, and barely fountain pens. (I have a whole bunch of Pilot Parallel pens, I like them for what they are, but they are neither expensive nor precious in spite of being Japanese made, and so I don't think they warrant individual slots or sleeves for protection if I must carry them somewhere outside.)

Lihit Lab flat pen cases. I just measured mine, and it should accommodate even a 200mm long pen (and many more).

If you want to go more basic and give your Pilot Parallel pens what they deserve, I'm sure there are any number of pencil cases from dollar stores that will do the trick just fine. Here's one I got from Daiso:

large.289403477_ElcheapopencilcasefromDaisohasnoproblemaccommodatingabunchofPilotParallelpens.jpg.827d64846906baa978a6affedc5c8b9b.jpg

Of course, if an unspoken objective is to elevate the experience of using Pilot Parallel pens outside the home, then perhaps you can consider ‘upgrading’ the pens by taking their nibs and feeds, and sticking them into Opus 88 Demonstrator pen bodies or some such, then carry those more ‘premium’ frankenpens with you in a nice, slotted fountain pen case (perhaps a Visconti Dreamtouch leather case?) to suit. :)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Some of the longer Sonnenleder pen cases should be able to accomodate a Pilot Parallel Pen - but probably not the Guider desk pen.

My Sonnenleder Böll is just long enough for my Parallel Pen.

However, while it/they may fit length wise, there might be some other other space issues, especially in regards to the pen loops.

In Sonnenleder cases often the majority of the pen loops are meant for slim pens like pencils.

My Böll for example has 5 pen loops. One of them is wide enough to fit the Parallel Pen comfortably. The other 4 loops are narrower - since they are elastic it's still possible, but it's a rather tight fit and especially with multiple Parallel Pens probably would get quite cramped. Also at least one of the loops is difficult/impossible as part of the length is blocked by the loop for the eraser.

On 4/28/2022 at 9:39 PM, A Smug Dill said:

you can consider ‘upgrading’ the pens by taking their nibs and feeds, and sticking them into Opus 88 Demonstrator pen bodies or some such

I'm a some such guy - in fact I stuck one modified Parallelnib in a shorter and very attractive Moonman M2, which works as well as the 88 but costs less.
You are right that there is little reason to protect a parallel, but I am more interested in getting organized, via slotted pencases.

Thanks for the suggestioons.

AKA Ichiro Fakename

On 5/6/2022 at 3:50 AM, CXC said:

You are right that there is little reason to protect a parallel, but I am more interested in getting organized, via slotted pencases.

A cheap, cheerful and practical solution would be to use a pen roll such as this:

large.1530351462_TwoPilotParallelpensinowl-patternedcanvaspenroll.jpg.ac7751ffe1f9421968ec0d9b9d835ca2.jpg

which can easily hold a large number of Pilot Parallel pens, even though they were only designed for pencils or very slender marker pens, if your interest is in organising your Pilot Parallel pens and keeping them together all in one place. It is easy to roll up into a compact package, to either stash in a drawer or carry out of the house in a knapsack or messenger bag, and it also offers a reasonable amount of protection against impact for the pens that a rolled out inside.

Of course, there are pen rolls that can accomodate writing instruments of greater girth, if you want your standard format Pilot Parallel pens to be housed in the same container or carrier as your frankenpens that have been fitted with nibs and feeds taken from other Pilot Parallel pens.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

The pen roll idea looks good.  If you want a firmer case that will work with longer pens you can look at brush holders that artists use.  They are too tall for fountain pens, but they would probably work.  Look at the measurements for cases used for short-handled watercolor brushes - not the long-handled oil brushes.