• Misfit

• amberleadavis

• dms525

• roshpens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/8/2022 at 5:14 AM, Misfit said:

I think the top of the cap on the Denali pen looks like the summit. 🙂 

Indeed, it looks like a soft snow cover!

I can only repeat: this is a gorgeous looking pen! 

One life!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

On 5/7/2022 at 2:49 AM, amberleadavis said:

@Cob

large.20220425_018.jpg.d99f6e8db4036affee7a1144eaff6292.jpg

Hullo.

Stub of day II &c.jpg

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

Leonardo Momento Zero Blue Hawaii

-medium steel nib ground to Daily Italic stub by Lind Kennedy-IndyPenDance.com

-inked with Noodler's Kiowa Pecan

1361213230_5_15.22LMZ.thumb.jpeg.4725d9013f45610b4057bd11e90a5bdd.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 11:37 AM, mitto said:

England made Parker 51 with OBB / OBBB? nib. 

OOO Pretty

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

2097818364_LondonAbalonewCSInibwritsample.thumb.jpg.bcb179f4d27ab94cae70ba0bbc18c97d.jpg38668815_LondonAbalonewCSInibmod.thumb.jpg.08736209a8d8c5371272bf0807086cd9.jpg1517441779_NIBLondonAbalonewCSInib.jpg.da11836075b5e0deefd74b9b3385aa01.jpg

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

21 hours ago, DrDebG said:

2097818364_LondonAbalonewCSInibwritsample.thumb.jpg.bcb179f4d27ab94cae70ba0bbc18c97d.jpg38668815_LondonAbalonewCSInibmod.thumb.jpg.08736209a8d8c5371272bf0807086cd9.jpg1517441779_NIBLondonAbalonewCSInib.jpg.da11836075b5e0deefd74b9b3385aa01.jpg

drool

I so need to photograph the writing I did with some stub nib pens and post here. Pity they won’t post by mind control. 

Posted Image

Ok, got the necessary things done, so now some stub nib writing photos. First up is below. I neglected to write “More Mountain pens to come…”

I used Oli clips to hold the notebooks in place  large.0AF82EC6-961A-4CAF-89D7-124788DB3968.jpeg.4eb9a985b64180b6284901a2783f88db.jpeg

Posted Image

The next stub nib writing photo lacks the pen. I forgot to get it for the photo, probably because of placing the Oli clips. This was my first use of them with notebooks. large.ACDEAFFD-F873-4E61-B4C0-05D1C620AB94.jpeg.331d0333f66b7e8133d686a0f7c965f6.jpeg

Posted Image

I got a new Maruman Mnemosyne notebook yesterday that has the spiral rings at the top. The pages have one side with graph paper, the other side is blank. The pen is the Retro 51 Peacock pen that should have been in the photo of my previous post. 
large.E69D7A35-9A2A-4FBB-B441-3D510E6003B9.jpeg.06b3186a96360d67bbab633ba1de1cf9.jpeg

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 7:46 PM, Misfit said:

I so need to photograph the writing I did with some stub nib pens and post here. Pity they won’t post by mind control. 

let me know if you figure it out

On 6/21/2022 at 9:08 PM, Misfit said:

I got a new Maruman Mnemosyne notebook yesterday that has the spiral rings at the top. The pages have one side with graph paper, the other side is blank. The pen is the Retro 51 Peacock pen that should have been in the photo of my previous post. 
large.E69D7A35-9A2A-4FBB-B441-3D510E6003B9.jpeg.06b3186a96360d67bbab633ba1de1cf9.jpeg

I like the paper!

Thanks @amberleadavis  I’ve seen these top bound Mnemosyne notebooks on the Tokyopenshop.com (in Iowa).  One of the owners, Kimberley, records videos on products. She uses the larger size of the Mnemosyne notebook I got to show all the ink colors of the various types of pens they sell. 

I sometimes write on envelopes I get in the mail. I’ll write the pen and ink. I figured why not get this notebook, where I can keep what I’ve written, even if it’s just pen name and ink name. 

The pages are perforated. I got it from Amazon when they offered free Prime for a month. The larger version is $18. 

Posted Image

On 6/30/2022 at 4:06 PM, Misfit said:

Thanks @amberleadavis  I’ve seen these top bound Mnemosyne notebooks on the Tokyopenshop.com (in Iowa).  One of the owners, Kimberley, records videos on products. She uses the larger size of the Mnemosyne notebook I got to show all the ink colors of the various types of pens they sell. 

I sometimes write on envelopes I get in the mail. I’ll write the pen and ink. I figured why not get this notebook, where I can keep what I’ve written, even if it’s just pen name and ink name. 

The pages are perforated. I got it from Amazon when they offered free Prime for a month. The larger version is $18. 

Thank you!  I think @tringle will enjoy these too.

I wrote in my two Tomoe paper notebooks, with 3 pens. I’ll be posting photos soon. 

Posted Image

Newton Quapaw with a custom-made section that takes vintage Esterbrook and Osmiroid nibs. Currently fitted with an Osmiroid Fine Italic. 

1127837751_NewtonQuapawwithOsmiroidnib.jpg.41aceb0044d1f1027ea9f582b1335a09.jpg889282731_NewtonQuapawwithOsmiroidnib1.jpg.81e0a2bb83f082d9dc31a1ae002a1a82.jpg

David