• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carola

• Intensity

• N1003U

• sansenri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As you know the x05 designation is for silver colored fittings, not my first choice if it is tortoise shell brown with black stripes. Could it have flecks of silver in the tortoise?

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

3 hours ago, OCArt said:

As you know the x05 designation is for silver colored fittings, not my first choice if it is tortoise shell brown with black stripes. Could it have flecks of silver in the tortoise?

I’m not sure about flecks of silver in tortoise finish, but it would be nice. The silver colored trim tends to work better for me with this tortoise black combination. I, on the other hand, don’t necessarily like the gold trim, yet when it ‘s paired with a nice color (brown tortoise with black is a good example) then it works like a charm. 

12 hours ago, OCArt said:

Said to be available the end of May 2022

Nice 🤩 I hope they also will bring out a 805 in this colour and trim. 

10 hours ago, OCArt said:

Brown?? I don't see any brown in the pics. I thought the "tortoise" name is used more to describe the variations and striations in the binde?

This looks straight black and silver to me. Which, if it is, was a brilliant move and will likely sell like hotcakes.

I'd be interested if they made it in an M805...

Don't suppose they'll do an M405 in a couple of years, the way they did with the M405 Stresemann.  Of course hope springs eternal....  The M800/805 pens are too large and heavy for my hand, but if they make them as an M405 in a year or two I'd be banging at their door going "Take my money!"

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Looks very nice - depending on price, I might get one.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

Sailor King of Pens "M" nib running Van Dieman's Heemskerch and Zeehaen

38 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Don't suppose they'll do an M405 in a couple of years, the way they did with the M405 Stresemann.  Of course hope springs eternal....  The M800/805 pens are too large and heavy for my hand, but if they make them as an M405 in a year or two I'd be banging at their door going "Take my money!"

This is being offered as an M605, not M805...

Oh, misread the the header.  Thanks.

Hmmmm.  I've got one of the M600 size pens, the Violet and White.  It's a good size but the cap cracked and I bought it 3rd party from a vendor on eBay -- the entire box looked as if it had, um, fallen off the back of a truck (nudge nudge, wink wink) which is the only way I could afford one.  I had tried one of the Pink and White ones when they first came out, and it was too heavy for me, but that was before I bought the TWSBIs -- and now I've trained myself to manage with (somewhat) heavier pens....  

Of course the other advantage to the M400/M405 pens is that they are not only a bit smaller and lighter weight, but also less expensive (and the M405 Stresemann was not exactly cheap -- I did save some money by getting it from Rolf Thiel at Missing Pens on his eBay store, thus saving the Chartpak markup and VAT, but that was before the Bay of Evil started collecting sales tax....  

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Very nice looking pen. If it looks anything like that in real life, I might be getting my first M600...

2 hours ago, sirgilbert357 said:

Brown?? I don't see any brown in the pics. I thought the "tortoise" name is used more to describe the variations and striations in the binde?

This looks straight black and silver to me. Which, if it is, was a brilliant move and will likely sell like hotcakes.

I'd be interested if they made it in an M805...

yes it does sort of look like a Stresemann but with the irregular stripes of the tortoiseshell (but in monotone grey-black colour)

It does look rather nice and is now on my radar too

so much for Pelikan being "in trouble"...

Hmm, so this is the rumored Black Tortoise finally come to light? Looks nice. Like the RT, no translucent barrel, I guess, and the RT did prove M6xx is not too large for comfort. Probably gonna be pricey, though.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

4 hours ago, Recursion said:

Nice 🤩 I hope they also will bring out a 805 in this colour and trim. 

We all need to buy two of these so Pelikan knows how much we love it, and to show appreciation for deciding not to go completely zombie on us.  THEN they might come out with an 805 in the future. :happy:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

wish they had more photos especially ones with color so we can se how the light plays off it.  

I'm not terribly interested in it now.  I didn't really care for the Raiden maki-e vanishing points but they were very popular so it's likely just my taste

and it sounds like the pen will be successful.  

4 hours ago, sansenri said:

yes it does sort of look like a Stresemann but with the irregular stripes of the tortoiseshell (but in monotone grey-black colour)

It does look rather nice and is now on my radar too

so much for Pelikan being "in trouble"...

The Streseman was beautiful, but I never bought one. I think this blows the Streseman away...

They are easily different enough to have both. Same thing with the brown special edition M800 tortoise and the recent Brown Black Special Edition.

3 hours ago, sansenri said:

we will have to see the real thing to understand whether there will be any transparency

1 hour ago, dftr said:

and it sounds like the pen will be successful.  

I certainly hope that this new Pelikan model sells well, to prove to the owners and executive management of the company (as well as unrelated observers) it is sufficient to put out pretty, highly Instagrammable pens in this day and age in order get interested consumers over their activation thresholds and hand over significant amounts of money, irrespective of the questions of barrel transparency or traditional qualities some fans like to associate with the brand.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.