• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TFHS

• Number99

• Doug C

• Rosendust

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, it's my pencil of choice. I have the Lavender body ones, though.

“Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favorite flower, your favorite song, your favorite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart."

-Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows

Follow me on IG: Lenses.and pens_

Please do not assume affiliation for any stores I may post about, just a happy customer.

On 3/30/2022 at 2:24 PM, TFHS said:

This mechanical pencil has been quite popular lately.IMG_20220302_191835.thumb.jpg.bb863d98ae254c3b38336d808c0d4ee9.jpgIMG_20220302_194831.thumb.jpg.3ccfa51ddb5b2b5a45277f6354666358.jpg

Hello.

Thank you very much the other day.

I have an "Advance Upgrade" with a similar color.

Compared to the price, it is 5 times more expensive. What is the difference other than the adjustment function of the amount of feeding of the core and the special coating?

Only this color is sold in Japan. The price is soaring because it is sold in limited quantities. Now, it is resold on the flea market site by the general public, not in stores, at a price of about 4 to 6 times (about 200 to 350 USD). I was surprised when I found a page that was "completed to be sold" for 450 USD ...

I hope it will be sold in earnest at a price that can be easily bought by junior high school and high school students.

Japanese pen bloggers speculate that if the special paint is omitted, it will be sold at a price of around 25 USD.

Posting a cap and using a mechanical pencil may be a graceful feeling.

Uni homepage link. Translatable with a browser, swipe up.

https://www.mpuni.co.jp/special/kurutogadive/

1 hour ago, Number99 said:

Hello.

Thank you very much the other day.

I have an "Advance Upgrade" with a similar color.

Compared to the price, it is 5 times more expensive. What is the difference other than the adjustment function of the amount of feeding of the core and the special coating?

Only this color is sold in Japan. The price is soaring because it is sold in limited quantities. Now, it is resold on the flea market site by the general public, not in stores, at a price of about 4 to 6 times (about 200 to 350 USD). I was surprised when I found a page that was "completed to be sold" for 450 USD ...

I hope it will be sold in earnest at a price that can be easily bought by junior high school and high school students.

Japanese pen bloggers speculate that if the special paint is omitted, it will be sold at a price of around 25 USD.

Posting a cap and using a mechanical pencil may be a graceful feeling.

Mainly the structure and function of kurutoga dive is relatively novel and special, and then consider that the pencil is a limited sale.

1 hour ago, TFHS said:

Mainly the structure and function of kurutoga dive is relatively novel and special, and then consider that the pencil is a limited sale.

It was a limited sale ...

It seems that there are many cases of purchasing around 200 USD here.

Perhaps now, speculative buying and selling has begun.

We may be injured if we do not consider that we are already in the stage of observing market prices when it comes to purchasing.

It is unlikely that Uni will abandon its production equipment as it is, so the colors and materials may differ, but we only expect additional sales.

450 USD…? in just a couple of weeks ...? (Since this is only one case, there is a possibility of a fake transaction)

Even so, 200 USD ...

Regarding the function, I understood that it is a mechanical pencil that can be written with the cap posted all the time without having to knock.

I think it's cool.

I envy you who already own it.

I CAN'T wait for it to be released in the US at a reasonable price. 

the Danitrio Fellowship

6 hours ago, Number99 said:

We may be injured if we do not consider that we are already in the stage of observing market prices when it comes to purchasing.

It is unlikely that Uni will abandon its production equipment as it is, so the colors and materials may differ, but we only expect additional sales.

450 USD…? in just a couple of weeks ...? (Since this is only one case, there is a possibility of a fake transaction)

Even so, 200 USD ...

Regarding the function, I understood that it is a mechanical pencil that can be written with the cap posted all the time without having to knock.

I think it's cool.

To tell you an interesting thing, this pen has been sold twice on Chinese e-commerce platforms (Taobao, JD) in China. The first time was at 0:00 a.m. on March 16th, and a total of about 300 to 400 were sold. The second time was at 3:30 p.m. on March 30, and about 50 were sold. This time, someone bought almost all by using the scripting software and sold it on Chinese second-hand trading e-commerce platform.

7 hours ago, Number99 said:

Even so, 200 USD ...

I think it's cool.

Mitsubishi should continue to produce. The mold used to cast ABS plastic has a service life of tens of thousands of times. And Mitsubishi can't directly benefit from the second-hand market for mechanical pencils. Therefore, Mitsubishi's choice to discontinue production now is not worth the loss. However, it is not excluded that there will be detailed adjustments on the next product. It is difficult for the price of the first version to fall back to the pricing. In the future, Mitsubishi should also be released as a limited edition product many times.

In Japan, 5000 Kurutoga dives have been pre-ordered or retailed over the counter.

When I browsed the domestic auction site, I can see that "multiple" and "accounts considered to be the same overseas agency" are making successful bids one after another at a price of about 200 USD.

At least not all seems to be the heating of end-consuming behavior.

I calmly observe it so that it is not affected by this.

Mitsubishi Uni has "repeatedly limited sales" of various products, and it is good to keep that in mind.

On 4/9/2022 at 3:29 AM, Number99 said:

In Japan, 5000 Kurutoga dives have been pre-ordered or retailed over the counter.

When I browsed the domestic auction site, I can see that "multiple" and "accounts considered to be the same overseas agency" are making successful bids one after another at a price of about 200 USD.

At least not all seems to be the heating of end-consuming behavior.

I calmly observe it so that it is not affected by this.

Mitsubishi Uni has "repeatedly limited sales" of various products, and it is good to keep that in mind.

No way, wait for the follow-up version to be released.

I frankly do not understand what the fuss is about. I am a Kuru Toga fan and love capped pencils. This looks like a good idea but the looks of the pen does not attract me a bit. The only thing that interests me is the mechanism which seems to have 3 different speeds of rotation. Maybe one of our Japanese friends can translate?:

image.thumb.png.b04904b467d198babc7b6fc54cc18cf9.png

Just saw TFHS's post where 5 settings are mentioned. 

:)

Verba volant, littera scripta manet.

41 minutes ago, kaissa said:

I frankly do not understand what the fuss is about. I am a Kuru Toga fan and love capped pencils. This looks like a good idea but the looks of the pen does not attract me a bit. The only thing that interests me is the mechanism which seems to have 3 different speeds of rotation. Maybe one of our Japanese friends can translate?:

Hello.

"Automatic core feeding is done by converting the rotation of the Kurtuga engine into forward and backward movement."

You can check the brief explanation by using the translation function of the browser on the Uni homepage that I attached in the first half of this thread.

The turmoil is already visible on ebay.

However, this has the impression that it is a deliberate soaring due to speculative groups.

I don't feel it's worth more than the regular launch price.

Edited by Number99

Well, the price hype is a bit over the top right now , and personally while that automatic feeding mechanism nice to had its not really something to get carried over with , instead I am hoping more that they will do a 0.7 on the Advance Upgrade model , the recent 0.3 really nice but a 0.7 / 0.9 would be most welcomed

3 hours ago, kaissa said:

Hi!

The rotation speed did not change, what changed was the blue bevel height difference (the length of lead out of one cycle).

1 hour ago, Mech-for-i said:

Well, the price hype is a bit over the top right now , and personally while that automatic feeding mechanism nice to had its not really something to get carried over with , instead I am hoping more that they will do a 0.7 on the Advance Upgrade model , the recent 0.3 really nice but a 0.7 / 0.9 would be most welcomed

I think Mitsubishi positioned the DIVE not for use, but as a toy.

1 hour ago, Mech-for-i said:

It is likely that Mitsubishi would be happy to see its products hyped, like those mechanical watchmakers.

• 8 months later...

A press release from Mitsubishi Uni announces that the Kultuga Dive will be available as an ongoing lineup starting in March 2023.

The price is ¥5500JPY, and the color variations will be Abyss Blue, Dence Green, and Twilight Orange, and other specifications are said to be the same as before.

More details will be announced in February next year.

https://www.mpuni.co.jp/company/press/20221222-52950.html

Edited by Number99
Changed the placement of the text.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Pro:I just got one.  The mechanics works flawlessly and it is one 5mm where I don't break the lead. Great feel.

Con: all plastic is unforgivable for the price. Especially since some of the orange color is already coming off, straight out of the box. This looks like an 8 dollar pencil. 

the Danitrio Fellowship