Lanbitou 6051- .38mm Retractable with a Cap

J120

No need to test it. If you do not cap it it will dry out rather quickly just like the Shipton model. It is a long cylinder with the nib exposed to air which will dry out the ink if left uncapped for a prolonged period of time. An hour or two amd I know it will hard start. 

I naturally cap it after writing and the good news is they all still write after another full day capped. It is snug, secure, amd solves the problem the Lily 910/ Dagong 56 started years back with the unsealed capless model category.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J120

• Dan Carmell

• Licue

• langere

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, J120 said:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004186787906.html?spm=a2g0s.imconversation.0.0.1d433e5fcQGRd7

Available on Aliexpress now for 4.99. Three different nibs sizes to choose from: .28, .38. .5mm. 

The ad raised some questions for me: can you remove the spring before dipping the nib to fill the converter? If not, I’d use carts or fill the converter with that clever needle device. I can’t imagine you can blot away all the ink with that spring in the way, hence my concern about loose ink inside the pen. 

The photos suggest an additional loose nib is included, is that to provide an optional fine nib to replace the mounted EF nib, or what?

This version has an attractive clean look and I like the colors. For the price, certainly worth playing with. 

The Lanbitou 6051 version does not allow for spring removal.  If you force it I am certain you could but I would not want to damage the spring. 

I was not aware of an additional nibs being included but I will update when they arrive. 

I am mainly interested in comparing the capping quality of this unit to the Lanbitou version.  The Lanbitou seals securely and the nib stays wet. Defeats the capless purpose but it's a start at this price point.

1 hour ago, J120 said:

The Lanbitou 6051 version does not allow for spring removal.  If you force it I am certain you could but I would not want to damage the spring. 

I was not aware of an additional nibs being included but I will update when they arrive. 

I am mainly interested in comparing the capping quality of this unit to the Lanbitou version.  The Lanbitou seals securely and the nib stays wet. Defeats the capless purpose but it's a start at this price point.

Dipping the spring and nib unit in the ink would be a ‘no go’ for me. 

The attached item is what made me think a spare nib was included, for whatever reason. It is included only in photo #2 and I couldn’t find any text related to the image so it’s hard to know. 

28626691-DB06-4BCF-A12C-2EC8DF69D039.jpeg

There is one picture in the  Ali Express link showing the nib unit being dipped in an ink bottle and it does not show a spring

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

18 minutes ago, Ted A said:

There is one picture in the  Ali Express link showing the nib unit being dipped in an ink bottle and it does not show a spring

I went back and looked and didn’t see that photo. It’s in the video that the spring/nib are dipped. At the same time, it shows a cartridge being put it, so that’s an easy fix to my concern, except the pen may be harder to start without the ink being pulled up through the nib. 

J120 commented above about the risk of removing the spring and I thought that was good advice that maybe could be modified once anyone got their hands on one of these to see how it all fits together. 

I clicked the link. 5th picture down:  (or perhaps the spring is hidden in that black piece 

78B2780C-EEC4-495F-A62D-82C4AAACE860.png

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

2 hours ago, Ted A said:

I clicked the link. 5th picture down:  (or perhaps the spring is hidden in that black piece 

78B2780C-EEC4-495F-A62D-82C4AAACE860.png

No, that’s very clear! And the prior photos seems to suggest they are removing the spring.

• 4 weeks later...

The Luoshi 6051 is the largest of this generation of ballpoint/rollerball BIC pen looking retractable fountain pens. 

The Lanbitou works first time every time with the cap amd this model is no less substantial so I expect the same. 

The cap fits snugly and securely. It reminds me of the platinum sealing caps. 

I bought 4 pens and received four spare nibs. I am assuming you just get one per pen. 

Hooded nibs write like water is wet and the sky is blue so nothing but smoothness to report.

I would on recommend this over the Lanbitou due to this being a full size pen while Lanbitou is a slim pen. 

20220514_112744.jpg

20220514_113439.jpg

20220514_113518.jpg

20220514_113638.jpg

20220514_113701.jpg

20220514_113714.jpg

20220514_113839.jpg

20220514_113930.jpg

20220514_114006.jpg

20220514_114101.jpg