Hongdian N6 "Titanium" Matte Black Piston Filler

Titanium for 29.99? I defer to the engineers for confirmation. Love the red touch on the turning knob. 

Ebonite feed? We will see when it arrives. 

Available on Ebay so far. 

SmartSelect_20220316-071216_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20220316-071234_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20220316-071246_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20220316-071254_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20220316-071306_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20220316-071337_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20220316-071346_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20220316-071354_eBay.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• KidleP

• J120

• DrScholl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Aysedasi said:

it seems, there are only EF and F nib options

A Wing Sung 629 M will fit.

Add lightness and simplicate.

I am assuming they are claiming to be using an ebonite feed like they claim the pen is made of titanium. All to be determined upon arrival but it is a good looking pen regardless. This is the Eastern "precious resin" to the West's insistence on using marketing terminology like that I assume. 

Any link to a seller? I can't seem to find it, and apart from the rather odd cap, I like the idea of this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284705884552?hash=item4249cb0988:g:D2IAAOSwsWRiMbc0

This seller has a low rating of 97.5, which would normally disqualify them when I look for an item.  But I've bought many things from them and never had a problem.  The most recent arrived yesterday.  This seller also lists the normal Hongdian N6, for $5 more.  So I think that answers the question as to whether it is titanium.

53 minutes ago, lascosas said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284705884552?hash=item4249cb0988:g:D2IAAOSwsWRiMbc0

This seller has a low rating of 97.5, which would normally disqualify them when I look for an item.  But I've bought many things from them and never had a problem.  The most recent arrived yesterday.  This seller also lists the normal Hongdian N6, for $5 more.  So I think that answers the question as to whether it is titanium.

Thank you :)

Well well , to clarify things up I hop over to their online shop and read through the whole listing , I mean the mfr's not the retail seller's.

- it do mention specifically that feed are made of Ebonite

- there is no mention anywhere of Titanium construction it's mentioned that the pen is of metal + resin with Satin finish on the resin and piano black lacquered on the metal

- the only mention if , of Titanium , is that the trim / furniture are finished in black Titanium Oxide 

I must not be the only one who can read Chinese and being a fountain pen hobbyist , just do not understand how all these online retailer keep voicing suspicious description of all sorts. It's not even hard to locate the info.

It is the iridium nib or precious resin marketing technique. No one really believes this is titanium. (If you call it super quality then it it must be)These pens will sell well based on their aesthetic qualities and  performance reviews but that has yet to become common knowledge to individual sellers.

11 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

Any link to a seller? I can't seem to find it, and apart from the rather odd cap, I like the idea of this one.

The motif on the cap are all basic Chinese handwriting strokes

6 hours ago, Mech-for-i said:

The motif on the cap are all basic Chinese handwriting strokes

Radicals, specifically in kaishu, in the way they normally present inside hanzi (as opposed to how they are known and shown in top-level indices in Chinese dictionaries), actually.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I like the look - especially the (almost) all-black one. 

But not so much that I would have to have it.

Still curious about the performance of the rubber tongue though 😄

• 4 weeks later...

Matte Black N6. Not so much titanium but there is an ebonite feed. 

The MB 149 reproduction models on Alixexpress seem to have the same piston mechanism as these. I am going to source a set to test my theory. The piston knobs appear to open the same distance.  That alone is not much to go off of but if like to compare the ink capacity and the distance the piston travels. 

20220411_175919.jpg

20220411_175930.jpg

20220411_175956.jpg

20220411_180018.jpg

20220411_180053.jpg

20220411_180113.jpg

20220411_180126.jpg

16497153760148895588768942930497.jpg

4 hours ago, J120 said:

Matte Black N6.

Is that the default F nib, and as such is absent an explicit inscription declaring its type and width grade on the nib face (cf. these two)?

5 hours ago, J120 said:

That alone is not much to go off of but if like to compare the ink capacity and the distance the piston travels. 

How is that meaningful, though? That kind of data correlation would be premised on flawed logic, at least when it comes to HongDian piston-fillers (and, in my experience, PenBBS 309 piston-fillers). The ink capacity of a pen is dictated by how (deeply) the piston stem is seated in the piston knob; all else being equal, two pens of the same model with identically-specified components can have significantly different ink capacities out-of-the-box.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/363664-i-got-this-pen-today/?do=findComment&comment=4489052

I already know that the piston in my HongDian N7 ‘Month Rabbit’ needs reseating to achieve the maximum ink capacity for the design of that pen model; I just haven't done it yet. Maybe I'll assess the difference before and after that physical adjustment (without making a statement as to the design's maximum ink capacity).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

It is the F and no, there is no inscription. 

As for the piston systems,  just standard curiosity. Majohn P136, Honduan N series, and the Montblanc reproduction models all started appearing at around the same time. It could be coincidence, but after seeing a few videos on Taobao, Bilibili, and Aliexpress I had a hunch. It is possible these are standard manufacturing similarities and errors. It could also be different models and materials being released under the umbrella of the same OEM. Harmless speculation,  nothing too deep, but the errors appear oddly similar.  The P136 has not be released yet but it will be interesting to hold it and see it shares those similar "flaws." Again, it could just be coincidence.

30 minutes ago, J120 said:

Majohn P136, Honduan N series, and the Montblanc reproduction models all started appearing at around the same time.

Fair enough. The Majohn P135, HongDian 6016, and knock-off Montblanc Le Petit Prince fountain pens certainly look like they share the same base model, but just have differently decorated caps (and, in the case of the HongDian 6016, a wooden barrel instead of a plastic one).