Special Mystery PIF from Amber and Inksters

amberleadavis

Eligibility:

I will choose at least four winners by whim. Priority will be given for FPNers who have the most posts, most recent CRVs, FPN participation or general good deeds.  If you don't already have at least a hundred posts, then send me a PM and we can do some CRVs to get you into the groove of participating.

Winners will each pay shipping costs.  Expect to pay about $5 for US shipping.

I will do probably about 5 of these.

What will be in the bag:
Winners will receive a beginner pen with a custom nib, some super cool paper and at least 2 ml of ink.

What the winners will receive will be a mystery until they receive it. If you don't want a beginner pen, that's okay, just tell me. 

What you have to do once you get the package: 

Winners are expected to participate in at least 5 pages of CRVs. CRVs are explained here.  Basically, send a letter to another FPNer and have that person write back. that way we can see what pens, paper and ink you are using.  If you don't want to do a CRV, you can do a review of the pen, ink or paper.

Winners who choose to have a pen are expected to give constructive feedback about the nib work that @Randal6393 has performed.

And we would really love to see pictures of what the winners receive.

If you want to donate in the in the future:

If you wish to contribute to future PIFs like these, please send me a PM. The ink for this PIF has been donated by FPNers (aka Inksters) who were not going to use their ink and wanted to share.

To enter:

Post in the thread and answer the following questions, extra credit for handwritten responses:

1. What do you like most about FPN?
  2. What ink do you like the most and why?
  3. Which inks or color would you be interested in trying?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• essayfaire

• Detman101

• Ergative

large.20220302.jpg.dc40d31b62e98c5896a43e0a158dd54d.jpglarge.20220302_002.jpg.11e4d95d1e6a067b75d438071a0aa4ad.jpglarge.20220302_004.jpg.026c2a5a2d8e0035e4c92d2800f534e9.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Mystery-PIF1.jpg

Mystery-PIF2.jpg

As a special service to those who have diffi
culty with "skråskrift" (cursive writing), here's a transcript:

Q: What do you likemost about FPN?
A: I like lots of different things about FNP. The friendliness & giving nature of the members, e.g. this (and other) PIS's. Also the sheer amount of knowledge & expertise is baffling. I could go on... But "most"? ALL OF IT!! 😃

Q: What ink do you like most, and why?
A: Another one I'd call a trick question. I have close to 50 different inks, and I like them all. No single favorite that I can mention. Suspect that a lot of FPN'ers feel the same. But right now this second, my fav is what I'm writing with, i.e. Sailor Jentle Fuji-Misume.

Q: What inks or colour would you be interested in trying?
A: In general: Almost any colour ink.
Specfically: Japanese inks, esp the Sailor Manyo series, except this ink, of course. :)

------------------------
pen: Sailor 1911 standard, black GT. 14k gold <H-B> nib.
ink: Sailor Jentle Fuji-Misume (appears darker than the review I have seen)
paper: Inspecta, ~80 g/m2

@Daneaxe @Ergative  PM me with your names and addresses and I'll get a quote on shipping.

1 hour ago, Detman101 said:

Oh awesome, this is a wonderful idea!! :D

Well, post!  I'd be happy to include you.

Come on guys, this is fun. I have done it several times, so will be passing this time around.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

17 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Well, post!  I'd be happy to include you.

Well hey hey, you don't have to twist my fingers!
Sending address info!
:D

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

OH, this is such a bummer.  Postage across the atlantic is about $20.

First is to show off your part of the CRV, @amberleadavis, as I did not want to include my pen pictures at the expense of your lovely pages!  I will also DM.  If my handwriting is illegible, I will translate if someone requests it!

Just realized I wrote Sailor 1911 when I mean Pro Gear.  There's not a 1911 Vega to my knowledge.🥺

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

Edited by essayfaire
correct a mistake - not a typo

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

6 hours ago, essayfaire said:

First is to show off your part of the CRV, @amberleadavis, as I did not want to include my pen pictures at the expense of your lovely pages!  I will also DM.  If my handwriting is illegible, I will translate if someone requests it!

Just realized I wrote Sailor 1911 when I mean Pro Gear.  There's not a 1911 Vega to my knowledge.🥺

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

That CRV looks great!

Okay, for now, PIF is closed.

Clairefontaine Paper.  Diamine Cherry Sunburst, Kaisibu italic with .6 grind, more ink used in thread I am posting elsewhere.

@amberleadavisthank you for all your generosity and patience with us!large.IMG_1298.JPG.7d2f83e698c0c4ef62e55638dd5fd086.JPG

Festina lente

On 3/7/2022 at 11:03 PM, amberleadavis said:

Okay, for now, PIF is closed.

WOOHOO!!!
I received my package on yesterday!
Will fill it out tonight and tomorrow night, then pop it back in the mail to you. Of course, I'll scan and post the results here in the thread before mailing. :)
I have three pens in mind...and three inks.

• My all-time favorite and daily driver "Opus-88 Demonstrator" with Kirk Speer Custom Flexible Stub using "Sailor - Nadeshiko"
  • My vintage "Mabie Todd & CO Swan" with stock flexy 18k gold EF using "Sailor - 162"
  • My "Penbbs 487" with Blue Dew Flex nib using "Diamine - Kong Girls"

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

On 3/12/2022 at 11:48 AM, essayfaire said:

Clairefontaine Paper.  Diamine Cherry Sunburst, Kaisibu italic with .6 grind, more ink used in thread I am posting elsewhere.

@amberleadavisthank you for all your generosity and patience with us!large.IMG_1298.JPG.7d2f83e698c0c4ef62e55638dd5fd086.JPG

Oh yes, I did see this!  Have fun!

12 minutes ago, amberleadavis said:

Oh yes, I did see this!  Have fun!

Oh, good.  Did you see the Ink for Old Pens thread???  Serendipitous arrival of your ink and a pen from the UK!!! 😃  Thank you so much!  

Festina lente

3 minutes ago, essayfaire said:

Oh, good.  Did you see the Ink for Old Pens thread???  Serendipitous arrival of your ink and a pen from the UK!!! 😃  Thank you so much!  

I am glad you liked it!