Pay postage, get a pen PIF

Paul-in-SF

My motives for doing this are far from selfless. I have tried to sell these pens, and no-one is interested. Therefore, and in order for them not to be an actual drain on my finances to get rid of them, I am asking you to pay the postage. The list of 20 pens is in a link to a Google Sheet, at the bottom of this post. The pens are in usable condition, many of them are vintage. There are no boxes or papers, with possibly one or two exceptions. Please pay special attention to the Comments field, it may contain important facts about the pen. 

Please read all of this post before requesting a pen. 

Rules:

1. Private message me only, please do not respond with a pen request here in this topic. Those requests will not be honored -- please private message only for pen request. Pen request must include at least your country; it's a good idea if you include your shipping name and address at that time to speed things along.

2. One pen per person. First come first served, timing of request will determine who gets the pen, if more than one person requests it. 

3. Once a pen is spoken for, as soon as I can I will edit the Google Sheet file and cross through the text for that pen description, like this

4. Postage for anyone in the US is $5; postage for other countries will vary, we'll have to figure that out after you have requested a pen. I can only do this if you have told me your country. I will only use the US Postal Service, no other carriers. Pens will be shipped secured in a PVC tube in a shipping envelope at First Class rates, which includes tracking. I will send tracking numbers as soon as I can. 

5. Please pay postage either through Paypal Friends and Family, or through Zelle. I will send my email address for those services to you via Private Message. If you can't do either one of those, we'll talk. 

6. Please allow a reasonable time for response (24 hours). 

Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WyEblId7PZPFMk8VZaRCtdIPiLLmv2ul/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105550551329627867407&rtpof=true&sd=true

Good luck and have fun. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul-in-SF

• brokenclay

• essayfaire

• mizgeorge

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow Sir. Hats-off to you for this generous gesture 🙏 Even though many pens are still available I will leave them for others as I know I won't actually use any of these pens (I use only large/jumbo pens). But appreciate this lovely gesture. Hope everyone who is getting it actually wants that pen.

1 hour ago, Timeline said:

I would be interested in the Drexel.

If you would like to read and follow the instructions in my original post you can probably have it, no-one else has requested it yet. Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, Paul-in-SF said:

If you would like to read and follow the instructions in my original post you can probably have it,

This cracks me up...

I second @K Singh this is a very generous act. Hope all your pens find ways to people will appreciate and love them.

Please check out my shop on Etsy - Sleepy Turandot

I thought I would bump this, there are ten pens left, available just for cost of postage, including:

A nearly brand new Diplomat Magnum c/c filler, EF nib, would make a good every day carry pen. 

A Parker 21 Mark II with a fine nib, a very easy to use pen that would also make a good every day carry pen. 

A couple of Kaweco Perkeos, very cute plastic pens, great for students.

And 6 others. All the c/c filler pens come with cartridges. 

Please read the original post for terms and instructions, and for the link to the list of pens. 

Come and get 'em. 

Paul

I bought a Perkeo the other day.  What a wonderful useful pen! Again, Paul, this is very kind of you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

On 2/20/2022 at 6:22 PM, Paul-in-SF said:

I thought I would bump this, there are ten pens left, available just for cost of postage, including:

A nearly brand new Diplomat Magnum c/c filler, EF nib, would make a good every day carry pen. 

A Parker 21 Mark II with a fine nib, a very easy to use pen that would also make a good every day carry pen. 

A couple of Kaweco Perkeos, very cute plastic pens, great for students.

And 6 others. All the c/c filler pens come with cartridges. 

Please read the original post for terms and instructions, and for the link to the list of pens. 

Come and get 'em. 

Paul

Very generous of you to do this.  If I wasn't trying to simplify my life I would be tempted.

Another couple of updates: 

I have found out that the postage to foreign countries (even Canada) starts at $17.85, so for anyone living outside the US, please bear that in mind. It is regrettable that international postage costs are so high, but I guess some of that goes to paying for customs processing and so on. As I mentioned above, the US postage is $5. 

The Lamy Vista is back available again, the person who wanted it was outside the US, and quite naturally decided the value of the pen couldn't justify the postage cost. 

There are still seven pens left. Come and get one. 

large.PXL_20220224_221251312.jpg.b5d81b3468881dfef5606d555158a7c6.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

1 hour ago, Timeline said:

20220225_145318.thumb.jpg.e6c9d1a7fdb47f05aaea8f686e9dbfe2.jpg

Hi, you're very welcome. I'm glad the pen responded to cleaning and polishing, I never really tried to do anything to spiff it up. I always thought it had a very unusual feel, like it wasn't made of any other plastic I had ever encountered. 

Paul

2 hours ago, brokenclay said:

large.197EDD38-770D-4FD5-ABFB-933FD2805418.jpeg.5c16f46bfb55aba4729cbc05b16efbd9.jpeg

The photo is bad - the stripes are blue and grey. Really nice, thank you!

Yes, I always thought it was a pretty pen, and I remember that it wrote well. I'm glad you are enjoying it. 

Paul

Not an entry, since I live "across the pond", but very generous, Paul-in-SF, this is one of the things I love about FPN.
:)
Stay safe,
Daneaxe

Well I also live across the pond, but was more than happy to pay the very reasonable postage cost and a week later...

large.senator-pif.jpg.ebc6f4c516e084ba516eca51036310e4.jpg

It's just lovely, and I am so grateful to Paul for not just doing such a very nice thing, but for going to the effort of packing (immaculately!) and posting these.

Thank you again.

34 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

It's just lovely, and I am so grateful to Paul for not just doing such a very nice thing, but for going to the effort of packing (immaculately!) and posting these.

Thank you again.

Oh, nice! Which pen was that? I'm just trying to figure out if I can put a Pelikan nib in the Majestic, and took apart a celluloid lever filler for the first time in my life. Luckily it's in awesome shape, the barrel came apart with just a hint of heat, and the sac is totally perfect.

1 minute ago, brokenclay said:

Oh, nice! Which pen was that? I'm just trying to figure out if I can put a Pelikan nib in the Majestic, and took apart a celluloid lever filler for the first time in my life. Luckily it's in awesome shape, the barrel came apart with just a hint of heat, and the sac is totally perfect.

It's the lovely Senator (piston filled), in absolutely perfect shape - I'm delighted with it. 

I'm not convinced a Pelikan nib will be an easy fit - mainly because of the feed size, but without seeing a closeup it's very hard to judge. I have to say, though, I thought your handwriting looked lovely in the F nib you have there at the moment.