• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• Bo Bo Olson

• amberleadavis

• azur3s0ng

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooh -- is the one on the left an M620 Piccadilly Circus (drool)?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Those are beautiful!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

~ @dms525: What a creative image. Thank you for starting this thread.

The concept, the arrangement, the lighting — it all enhances the blue hues.

I'm inspired by your excellent photograph.

With appreciation,

Tom K.

18 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Oooh -- is the one on the left an M620 Piccadilly Circus (drool)?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Yes indeed.

12 hours ago, azur3s0ng said:

That Nord/LB is gorgeous! I love mine, too!

I don't have the Nord Pelikan. As I recall, it is a dark blue demonstrator. You may be confusing it with my Blue Ocean. The latter was the first limited edition pen Pelikan ever produced (1993).

David

14 hours ago, Tom Kellie said:

~ @dms525: What a creative image. Thank you for starting this thread.

The concept, the arrangement, the lighting — it all enhances the blue hues.

I'm inspired by your excellent photograph.

With appreciation,

Tom K.

Thanks for the kind words. Current iPhone cameras are better than any of my previous digital or analogue equipment. It's mostly that the iPhone is smarter than I am, I suppose. Well, I did arrange the pens and write the text.

David

:thumbup:

I have a 605....if I have other blue pens, none pop into mind.JmyB1nh.jpg

:headsmack::headsmack:...I was thinking blue Pelikans, and forgot I have other blue pens.

The Diplomat I'd guess '60's. Has their old Maltese Cross brand mark. 

41rCAfd.jpg?1

The (no name)  Clipper late '50's '60's. Have in Rose and Black too. Both blue pens are semi-flex. (As well as the 400&400nn.)ni1P3um.jpg

A mid-70s-80 Senator. Regular flex.

7lozlMh.jpg

Pelikano Dolphin. 7VIFr3e.jpg

Original Reform NOS.

ZIU4eRq.jpg

W. Germany 200 NOS set; FP, BP & MP. Wife twisted my arm to buy it. In it's NOS it's supposed to stay NOS. I do have an other blue W.Germany 200.9KZt4Pl.jpgD34plI5.jpg

Click to enlarge.

There is a blue '90's 200 floating around too.

:unsure:I've got more blue fountain  pens than I originally thought.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

How very blue.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

On 2/8/2022 at 11:44 AM, dms525 said:

I don't have the Nord Pelikan. As I recall, it is a dark blue demonstrator. You may be confusing it with my Blue Ocean. The latter was the first limited edition pen Pelikan ever produced (1993).

David

https://thepelikansperch.com/2018/11/10/pelikan-nord-lb-lbs/ this is what I meant for the Nord/LB version. Yours is a M805/605 Dark Blue?

Blue birds are my favorite, have a number myself!  Congrats on some very pretty ones!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

2 hours ago, azur3s0ng said:

https://thepelikansperch.com/2018/11/10/pelikan-nord-lb-lbs/ this is what I meant for the Nord/LB version. Yours is a M805/605 Dark Blue?

No. I am familiar with the Nord, although I don't own one. My pen is the Blue Ocean LE. Here's a link with some information:

https://thepelikansperch.com/2017/05/07/pelikan-m800-limited-edition-spotlight/

David

On 2/9/2022 at 1:24 AM, Bo Bo Olson said:

ni1P3um.jpg

A mid-70s-80 Senator. Regular flex.

A very nice pen which has something to do with Pelikan. Senator is a brand of Merz & Krell Company, which, as is known, also produced some truly beautiful Pelikan 400NN’s for Gunther Wagner Company,between 1973-79. Some engineering simlarities are there:

B8F4ED83-5612-44CC-AE49-E7978DDF008E.jpeg.8f3d502979e4089b81be903c8e858a30.jpeg

I'm sure they were not Pelikans, they are not 'solid' enough. More towards second tier.

I tend to think the Eros, a similar shaped pen as that 'Clipper', was made by Mutschler in Heidelberg. Besides the blue I have the rose and black. The Wearever box was only used for shipping.

I think that pen was made mid-60's because in the late '60s the 707 came in and made the Clipper obsolete.

Ss3oyur.jpg

The Clipper or Super Constellation, IMO in I worked of versions of it was perhaps the most beautiful plane to fly. Concord  fans could argue.

It was way more expensive because it was streamline construction designed by Howard Hughes needed different sized bulkheads . The DC-4 was cheaper to make in it had only one size in it's major bulkheads.

The reason it has three tails is it was too big for any hanger then, especially with it sitting so high up off the ground.

First the nibs...Clipper imprint. (click for bigger)

The first AF One, for Ike was a Super Connie.

2JWYtx2.jpg

This Navy EC-121 advanced radar plane is prettier than my dull gray AF ones.  They could stay in the air for over 12 hours. Ray-domes front, over and under.

AIJmcm6.jpg

Real slick and pretty with out wing tanks.

zzE43Mc.jpgoJeErOa.jpg4EuIwPH.jpg

Over night....First Class of course.

Zrj2xHl.jpg

Second place the DC-3 or C-47....worked on that too. Wind driven Gyros (7,000 rpm vs 24,000 rpm for later electric Gyros), hydrophilic  autopilot.

The first plane to have two autopilots.:rolleyes: That hydrophilic one and if that didn't work.....after the plane was up to altitude, on course and trimmed, a  bungee cord wrapped around the steering wheel and hooked into  the window frame.

The DC-3/C-47 (below) was a very, very stable plane after it was trimmed. One of the most stable.C47 Skytrain - Duxford D-Day Show 2014 (cropped).jpg

The bungee cord kept the rudder in the tail from banging around when on the ground.

The DC 3 was first plane I flew on back in '64, from New Orleans to Charleston before getting on a 707 to Germany.

restored Douglas DC-3 in flight

170px-PP-ANU_%28aircraft%29_5.jpg

Boeing 707Boeing 707-321B Pan Am Freer.jpg

Notice the 4 motors...I find that 50% better than planes with only 3.....don't care for just two at all.:gaah:

Do not like fly by wire. I want the pilot to put his feet up on the dashboard and pull like hell....and that requires a push button turn off autopilot.

The very first passenger flight with fly by wire and autopilot, with two of the very best French pilots crashed on take off and a bit later a three lobe fly by wire  plane decided to nose in from 30,000 feet and there was nothing the pilot could do.)

Having worked on autopilots for 4 years do not like fly by wire., and modern autopilots. Don't mind a 3 lobe autopilot if there was an on-off switch. But there is None!!!!

I'm old fashioned...won't like it when they do away with pilots either. :sad:

And I do not understand where someone is cheaping out with the autopilot assisted Tesla cars. It's not like they need to add crab angle to glide slope or anything. ;)

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

6 hours ago, Caneta said:

Some translucent/transparent blues

IMG_9426pelikan blue[1].JPG

BLUE-TEE-FUL

6 hours ago, Caneta said:

Some translucent/transparent blues

IMG_9426pelikan blue[1].JPG

Very nice collection. Special note of the M620 Athens! The one I had is now treasured by my Greek daughter-in-law.

David