Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Wanted: M600 Med Replacement Nib

GNL

I recently purchased a brand new Pelikan M600 (Blue) with a fine nib, which I love, but I’m also interested in trying the medium nib in this pen.  What reliable, affordable retailer would you recommend to sell me that medium nib?  I’d be open to buying a used one in great condition, as well.

Thanks!

Gary

Current favorite pen: Montblanc 144 Meisterstuck purchased at Art Brown in 1984. After 38 years, every part has been replaced except the nib. Still a gorgeous writing instrument, rock-solid reliable, gives me hours of pleasure to use.

Current favorite ink: Colorverse Supernovs

Current favorite paper: Romeo notepads

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GNL

• MHBru

• Carrau

• brokenclay

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh, I miss our classifieds.  Remember that threads are not to be used for sales.  (This is a preemptive note, no one has done so in this thread).

That being said, I do like Dromgoole's and Vanness pen stores.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

try martini auctions in germany.  i find her to be quite reliable and easy to work with.

19 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Sigh, I miss our classifieds.  Remember that threads are not to be used for sales.  (This is a preemptive note, no one has done so in this thread).

That being said, I do like Dromgoole's and Vanness pen stores.

Yes, I have been away for a while and was disappointed to find the Classifieds missing.  What happened?  This was my go-to place to buy and sell fountain pens.  Where do you go now if you want to avoid eBay?

Current favorite pen: Montblanc 144 Meisterstuck purchased at Art Brown in 1984. After 38 years, every part has been replaced except the nib. Still a gorgeous writing instrument, rock-solid reliable, gives me hours of pleasure to use.

Current favorite ink: Colorverse Supernovs

Current favorite paper: Romeo notepads

1 hour ago, GNL said:

Yes, I have been away for a while and was disappointed to find the Classifieds missing.  What happened?  This was my go-to place to buy and sell fountain pens.  Where do you go now if you want to avoid eBay?

It's a long story. The short version is that last spring the jerry-rigged classifieds solution fell apart, the entire forum software was subsequently updated, but classifieds have not yet been restored. There are several threads out there talking about alternatives, but the suggestions seem to be (among others and in no particular order) Ebay, FPGeeks, and /r/Pen_Swap (Reddit).

History:

Nibs.com sometimes has replacement nibs.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

When the time for semi-flex comes a '50-65 400-400nn's factory stub nib works fine in a 600.

I had a lovely :puddle:semi-flex stub  B on my 605 for a couple years until I had the BB stubbed to 1.0/B.

A modern post '97 600's nib, like the new 400 is a semi-nail nib. Double ball, one top and bottom of the nib, so ball point users don't have to mess up their minds and learn to write properly with a fountain pen. Vertical ball point hold.

If it has to be gold a '82-97 springy regular flex 400's or 600's nib works well too. Or an '85-2017 or so 200. They have a tear drop tipping so write with a cleaner line than the new Pelikans.

And a 200's nib be it steel or gold plated is much more affordable and IMO better than the fat and blobby  modern Pelikan nib.....though the Pelikan nib (last few years) for the 200 has now a double ball like the rest of the Pelikans.

Look to buy a older used 200 for E-50 or less, get a pen and the grand nib to swap out. They snuck the nib change in with the 200 over the last couple years, so I do recommend the older nib....it's writes in  a cleaner line.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

RIP...200's once great nib, now a double ball.:crybaby::wallbash:

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.