Jump to content
Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Osprey Pens - Madison


amberleadavis
 Share

Recommended Posts

large.20220425.jpg.dcecae86aa391a06d0e84417a4a62346.jpglarge.20220425_001.jpg.f9d36d826d45be395679df899df7692c.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • amberleadavis

    29

  • essayfaire

    6

  • Audrey T

    4

  • Rebbe

    2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very exciting review. Thanks for sharing!

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done"  Ludwig Wittgenstein.

flying-letter-exc.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Rebbe said:

Very exciting review. Thanks for sharing!

 

I am so envious that you are in Houston, I really want to see the Dromgoole's store.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

 

I am so envious that you are in Houston, I really want to see the Dromgoole's store.

If you're ever out visiting be sure to stop by. Dromgoole's is one of the best pen and stationary shops I've encountered (oddly they also have a massive selection of pocket knives). The selection is fantastic, the staff are gracious, warm, and knowledgeable, and as you noted in your other post you can ink up and try most of the pens they have for sale. Definitely worth stopping by if you're in the city! If you're ever planning a trip let us know and we'll let you know all the best food spots. 🤠

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done"  Ludwig Wittgenstein.

flying-letter-exc.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rebbe said:

If you're ever out visiting be sure to stop by. Dromgoole's is one of the best pen and stationary shops I've encountered (oddly they also have a massive selection of pocket knives). The selection is fantastic, the staff are gracious, warm, and knowledgeable, and as you noted in your other post you can ink up and try most of the pens they have for sale. Definitely worth stopping by if you're in the city! If you're ever planning a trip let us know and we'll let you know all the best food spots. 🤠

 

That would be awesome. I finally made it to Dallas a few weeks ago. I had a great time.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Now I have another pen to put in the list to check out.  I've never been very brave about changing out nibs, however.  Maybe because I like Sailors?  Bought a Lamy with three nibs to play with and ended up deciding I didn't like the pen.  Ruined a Diplomat Esteem when there was a problem that I thought was the nib but turned out to be the feed and the replacement feed didn't fit quite right but lack of experience led me to believe I was the problem rather than the part.

 

I think that episode has scared me off changing nibs on my pens, but so many of y'all seem to have such good results!

 

Festina lente

Optimism kills

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 12:31 PM, essayfaire said:

Now I have another pen to put in the list to check out.  I've never been very brave about changing out nibs, however.  Maybe because I like Sailors?  Bought a Lamy with three nibs to play with and ended up deciding I didn't like the pen.  Ruined a Diplomat Esteem when there was a problem that I thought was the nib but turned out to be the feed and the replacement feed didn't fit quite right but lack of experience led me to believe I was the problem rather than the part.

 

I think that episode has scared me off changing nibs on my pens, but so many of y'all seem to have such good results!

 

 

 

The only way to improve is to practice - which means making mistakes and learning. At least the Osprey pens are priced at a point where you can play with nibs and feeds, they even sell a nib block.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

 

 

The only way to improve is to practice - which means making mistakes and learning. At least the Osprey pens are priced at a point where you can play with nibs and feeds, they even sell a nib block.

Yes, and the people there seem very helpful to boot!  

Festina lente

Optimism kills

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, essayfaire said:

Yes, and the people there seem very helpful to boot!  

 

Did you see that new pen for india inks?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, amberleadavis said:

 

Did you see that new pen for india inks?

Now I have!  They're sold out already.  It's okay, I don't have any India inks in the house. :)

Festina lente

Optimism kills

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be trying one out shortly, but I'll have to acquire some India ink.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

I'm going to be trying one out shortly, but I'll have to acquire some India ink.

Did you help them sell out, by chance?

Festina lente

Optimism kills

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, no, but I think the emoji is funny.

happy-emoji-transparent-12.png

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

 

Amberlea, that pen looks a lot like the vintage Sheaffer no-nonsense, if you have one of those, would you mind taking a picture of the Osprey Pens - Madison, next to it?

 

If not do you have a Lamy Safari, Al-Star or Studio for size comparaison?

 

The BB nib looks wonderful, I love the color and style and since it is only $18, I could indulge but, I need to know the size of the pen.  

 

I find that side by side pictures comparaison to be more useful than any measurement.

 

Obviously, no pressure because you first posted about it in February and it is already July.

 

But very, very exited to find a nice looking, inexpensive pen with a BB nib available as a stock nib.

 

 

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have those, but perhaps this helps. In order: Pilot VP, Osprey Madison, Sailor 1911S, TWSBI Eco.large.IMG_1748.JPG.a1f2d340a3065d2105bd87729dde73b2.JPG

Festina lente

Optimism kills

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Thank you so much essay faire!

 

Would you happen to have a Lamy Vista/Safari/Al-Star that you could add to the Osprey portrait?

 

I should have thought of adding it to my original post, the fountain pens of the Lamy lines above are the No-Nonsense of today. 

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2022 at 11:30 PM, Anne-Sophie said:

 

Amberlea, that pen looks a lot like the vintage Sheaffer no-nonsense, if you have one of those, would you mind taking a picture of the Osprey Pens - Madison, next to it?

 

If not do you have a Lamy Safari, Al-Star or Studio for size comparaison?

 

The BB nib looks wonderful, I love the color and style and since it is only $18, I could indulge but, I need to know the size of the pen.  

 

I find that side by side pictures comparaison to be more useful than any measurement.

 

Obviously, no pressure because you first posted about it in February and it is already July.

 

But very, very exited to find a nice looking, inexpensive pen with a BB nib available as a stock nib.

 

 

 

I will try and do that.  My dear friend, @mhguda just sent me two Sheaffers so you are in luck.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here you go.

PXL_20220704_214329038.jpg

PXL_20220704_214554853.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2022 at 2:24 PM, Anne-Sophie said:

Would you happen to have a Lamy Vista/Safari/Al-Star that you could add to the Osprey portrait?

I didn't like my Lamy so it's hiding somewhere in my house, sorry!  Looks like @amberleadavisat least found you a Shaeffer for comparison.  I think the All Star is similar in size to the Eco, but proportioned a bit differently.

Festina lente

Optimism kills

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Anne-Sophie if you like the size of the No Nonsense, you will be pleased with the Osprey.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share








×
×
  • Create New...