Where can I get a replacement Vector lid/cap?

Darthagnon

My brother gave me a stainless steel Parker Vector he found a few years ago with a spare nib, pictured. Unfortunately, no cap, and no luck finding any sellers on eBay. Newell-Rubbermaid customer service have also proved somewhat less than satisfactory... no spare parts, no warranty (tbh it looks like a 20 year old model, from comparing the nib with my others). A far cry from Cross, who offered to service my pens (still haven't got the courage to send them in by post yet). I could always cannibalise from one of my other pens, but that hurts.

Any of you know where I could potentially get my hands on a replacement lid to make this pen usable? Would Parker 15/Jotter/Arrow FP lids also fit on a Vector? (I tested an Arrow rollerball lid as not fitting on a Vector)

IMG_0709.JPG

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darthagnon

• Mr.Rene

• Shaughn

• dipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The writing is for Newell-Rubbermaid Customer Service, who asked for the photo. EDIT: after further searching, I found a seller on eBay who has some caps (search query "parker vector parts"). I've contacted them to see whether they have any stainless steel caps in stock... Just realised they have barrels, as well as caps, and I'm tempted to get spare bodies for all my loose nibs (I know I shouldn't).

Hi there!

Notice Parker Vector caps made in USA and UK are not same size..if I am not wrong UK made are shorter than USA.

I have seen that in plastic finish Vector...maybe steel finish sizes are not a problem.

Good luck and best regards

Good to know, Mr. Rene. Thank you! I'm hopeful that ebay.co.uk will be mostly UK-sized pens, but haven't had any luck finding steel lids. Only plastic for Vectors, though a few steel Jotter/15 lids. No idea if those would fit, though I've contacted the sellers (and crossposted to reddit)

8 hours ago, dipper said:

This business may know where you could get a cap

http://www.penmuseum.co.uk/spares.htm

.... though no Vector caps on the page linked.

I do have this...

large.IMG_20220125_044837-01.jpeg.0b65cc9d2199fe8aa21d175a8f69d06b.jpeg

"Parker made in England" on cap, no name, missing its nib and feed.

It is a Parker 25 ..very popular en 1980 years and made in several finishes...Regards

On 1/25/2022 at 4:58 AM, dipper said:

This business may know where you could get a cap

http://www.penmuseum.co.uk/spares.htm

.... though no Vector caps on the page linked.

I do have this...

large.IMG_20220125_044837-01.jpeg.0b65cc9d2199fe8aa21d175a8f69d06b.jpeg

"Parker made in England" on cap, no name, missing its nib and feed.

Thank you! I've been contacted by Dutchpen, who said he's got Parker Vector parts. Yours is a poor old Parker 25; might be repairable. I've heard they're quite popular as tough pens. I've got one myself, a dependable writer, though just tested the lid and it does not fit on a Vector.

Dipper, 

A sonnet nib and feed will do amazingly well - see for yourself .  I have my edc-P25 fitted that way.

Edit: at ebay, look for Parker 25 parts - you'll find nibs and feeds. 

On 1/24/2022 at 9:22 AM, Darthagnon said:

My brother gave me a stainless steel Parker Vector he found a few years ago with a spare nib, pictured. Unfortunately, no cap, and no luck finding any sellers on eBay. Newell-Rubbermaid customer service have also proved somewhat less than satisfactory... no spare parts, no warranty (tbh it looks like a 20 year old model, from comparing the nib with my others). A far cry from Cross, who offered to service my pens (still haven't got the courage to send them in by post yet). I could always cannibalise from one of my other pens, but that hurts.

Any of you know where I could potentially get my hands on a replacement lid to make this pen usable? Would Parker 15/Jotter/Arrow FP lids also fit on a Vector? (I tested an Arrow rollerball lid as not fitting on a Vector)

IMG_0709.JPG

The complete pen is sold for 15 american dollars hire...

https://andersonpens.com/parker-vector-fountain-pen-brushed-steel-steel-medium-nib-2022-0128-28/?utm_source=AndersonPens+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=4c694ce2ff-APRIL_12_2019specialvintagemailer_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d365a86f6c-4c694ce2ff-71194693&mc_cid=4c694ce2ff&mc_eid=bc34b928d7

I know it's a cheap enough pen; just don't like seeing it go to waste, and it's a 90s/early 2000s vintage Made in UK from the look of the nib vs. my other Vectors. I don't feel I can justify much in the way of new pen purchases at the moment, but as for repairing what I've got? I can do that...

EDIT: just watched the above Youtube video, which sent me down a Meatloaf rabbit hole. Never heard his music before, and damn, Bat Out of Hell is a masterpiece