hari317

This pen is sold by Gem and Co in Chennai. I first noticed this with my friend Jai (Shrujaya). After a long wait finally I could buy one. 
large.FD9FCA47-3C58-4573-9846-E2C72F2A7508.jpeg.d013ed502c594508e23b6315e1db3ffd.jpeg

large.40D7915C-5A2D-417D-9A94-F1967A714D1B.jpeg.aff5449473ec8b3577ed52f022e5ba5c.jpeg

large.0ADFEE6A-CA58-4F38-91C4-773DFD851428.jpeg.a0ccd29b4619b14b44e5eaea45630cdb.jpeg

Stock Gama 1mm nib. It writes very well. 

large.A0F1AF35-6545-4760-9531-F66C4010B745.jpeg.224f17028fc5bcdcad71918f273be3ba.jpeg

Sheaffer Ebonite feed. 

large.38DF4FDF-C6CC-4FE7-8C0F-F4B72DF7D48F.jpeg.578818a41ac794e9ff4af12d39c28330.jpeg
This cigar version that I called the Gama Himadri was bought in 2014. I had done a DIY section threading for JoWo and M800 nib units. 
large.EF08E2E5-8112-488D-A835-38D0CDB38D0E.jpeg.2cd493c6fb28f89e70262e71a8dc0e28.jpeg

large.BC2F4FC7-B82D-44E9-A9D6-855E0FC350D9.jpeg.19f215c13d8d7c84ea6a57641ae28f82.jpeg

large.BD059831-DB17-4F3C-8E94-9CCF26A8C786.jpeg.b9071267a1433f085c2827865edd89e4.jpeg

JoWo and Gama nibs. 

cheers

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• K Singh

• cvk

• Savit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, cvk said:

Great pen. How does this compare in size to gama eyas, airmail 71 jt and Asa galactic?

Thank you.
I only have 71JT. I think the Gama is much bigger. 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

1 minute ago, cvk said:

Also what is the translucent cartridge like thing on the pen on the left

It’s an empty giant Pelikan cartridge. 

Aah ... so you finally got one!! Great! I call this the Gama Demonstrator, thought there isn't much that the pen demonstrates 😀 if you're using blue ink, allow the ink to permeate all those threads and minute spaces ... you'll see lovely patterns emerging ... Even after all those years, this pen writes so smoothly and beautifully ... whenever I start writing with this pen, my writing takes on a flourish ... I hope you enjoy writing with this pen, Hari 👍

Here is my Gama Demonstrator ... 

https://jaisiri.blogspot.com/2016/08/the-gama-demonstrator-fountain-pen.html

Jai

Writing and posting about fountain pens exclusively on www.jaisiri.blogspot.in ... recent posts on Hema Pens (Hyderabad), Haul at Majestic (Bangalore), and Asoka Pens (Tenali)...

18 minutes ago, shrujaya said:

Aah ... so you finally got one!! Great! I call this the Gama Demonstrator, thought there isn't much that the pen demonstrates 😀 if you're using blue ink, allow the ink to permeate all those threads and minute spaces ... you'll see lovely patterns emerging ... Even after all those years, this pen writes so smoothly and beautifully ... whenever I start writing with this pen, my writing takes on a flourish ... I hope you enjoy writing with this pen, Hari 👍

Jai

Thanks for writing Jai. Yes the pen’s inked with Montblanc Permanent Blue. Let’s see how it develops. I waited for this pen a very long time. Gem was always out of stock. This time I got it. 

Just now, cvk said:

Thanks! Is the pelican cartridge friction fit into the section. Is it poasible to use it on other ed pens too? :)

Hi the pen on the left has a JoWo threaded nib unit fitted. The cartridge fits the end of the nib unit. You can fit a converter too. 

Nice Gama. And with that Sheaffer feed you have made it even better.

Putting that cartridge in that old Gama pen is a nice touch. It suits the pen better than a converter 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 1:08 PM, shrujaya said:

Jai

Nice to see your post after a long time

🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrating our 73rd Republic Day with Gama. Shown along with the old reliable Airmail 69T

large.75CB4E2B-BE3B-42CD-9352-48D4F9C1383A.jpeg.22ba09db188f1618f15a6d5c3d78acdf.jpeg

large.6B5C8309-4619-4E2F-BADB-B735BE42E9C4.jpeg.c63ba1df685995b788eaa332396f154a.jpeg

large.E645ABF6-4260-40A9-BD0B-BEEF6627F6FE.jpeg.09dab68ff950476399c5803bb58427a0.jpeg

cheers 

hari

This is an off topic question, but I've been curious. So I'm asking this (I don't care how embarrassing this might make me feel...). @hari317sir, What exactly is the pen in your profile photo? With my limited knowledge I cannot find out what make and model it is? I'd love to know about it some more...

If you wish to contact me you can via

Mail: aravindap@protonmail.com

2 hours ago, hari317 said:

Celebrating our 73rd Republic Day with Gama. Shown along with the old reliable Airmail 69T

Nice pair. That Wality 69t is an underrated starter pen in my opinion 🙏 For under 500rs it's a robust eyedropper. 

1 hour ago, Aravind_A_2310 said:

This is an off topic question, but I've been curious. So I'm asking this (I don't care how embarrassing this might make me feel...). @hari317sir, What exactly is the pen in your profile photo? With my limited knowledge I cannot find out what make and model it is? I'd love to know about it some more...

Pilot Quattro 89 brown. 

17 minutes ago, K Singh said:

Nice pair. That Wality 69t is an underrated starter pen in my opinion 🙏 For under 500rs it's a robust eyedropper. 

Thank you. Yes the 69 is a lovely pen. Totally agree with you. 

59 minutes ago, hari317 said:

Thank you. Yes the 69 is a lovely pen. Totally agree with you. 

🙏

1 hour ago, hari317 said:

Pilot Quattro 89 brown.

It's a beautiful pen. Just googled it. Thanks to @Aravind_A_2310 for asking. If out of all your pens you use this one as your avatar pic, it must be special 🙏

1 minute ago, K Singh said:

🙏

It's a beautiful pen. Just googled it. Thanks to @Aravind_A_2310 for asking. If out of all your pens you use this one as your avatar pic, it must be special 🙏

Yes, the pen is very special to me. 🙏🏼

• 5 months later...

large.897FD035-DD33-4619-AFB5-96CE0FABAF88.jpeg.b837a9a8a65666058358bbfb09f4b34f.jpeg

Deinked the Gama today after nearly 7 months of continuous use with Montblanc Permanent Blue ink. It cleaned up pretty well with just a rinse. Of course the nib feed were NOT removed for cleaning the pen. 

Looks great.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY