What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

Visconti Voyager 30 LE 150/300 Ebonite, silver trim Palladium plated 14k gold m nib. Filled with Diamine Chocolate Brown ink.

2105689387_2023ViscontiVoyageropen.jpg.5550483a7fdc29f4cf9cc4a5f8519174.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• OldTravelingShoe

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

So far: Majohn C1 with Kaigelu Long Knife nib (with my green mix, mostly Noodler's Standard Green), my Creeks pen (Noodler's Fox) & Sheaffer PFM l (M&M blue-black mix) as well as Moonman P135 (also green) to take a note.

So far today, it's been the burgundy Snorkel Special, EF(?) nib, with Skrip Blue, 

and the 45 Flighter, B (stub?) nib, and an unknown reconstituted black ink (but which looks a LOT like the saturated black ink I've been reconsituting, using, and flushing out of the Parker 61 Flighter since last winter).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

12 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

Visconti Voyager 30 LE 150/300 Ebonite, silver trim Palladium plated 14k gold m nib. Filled with Diamine Chocolate Brown ink.

E

Holy Ebonite Packman, that's a really nice pen... I wasn't familiar with that exact model so I looked it up... Wow, what a great looking nib. 👍

As for me, I've been fiddling around with a bunch of pens and inks for the past few days.  I've been going between Sanzen Tomoe River and Cosmo Air Snow, but IMHO nothing shades, sheens, halos or shows off colors like Cosmo Snow.  It has a sight line width increase relative to Rhodia that I prefer.

1055296448_IMG_3711768.jpg.c5fcb3ae0cd326932b22470aa1ce9182.jpg

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

Hongdian 100 Piston - F. nib.   Ink:  Diamine Sherwood Green

Picture 1 of 7

On 4/29/2023 at 12:12 PM, Penguincollector said:

I think folded nibs were common in inexpensive pens as an alternative to adding tipping material. Some say they aren’t great, but I had 2 Berol Fontaines, basically a precursor to the Pilot Varsity, that lasted 20 years for me. I kind of wish l had kept one and tried to refill it. 

Today l am using the stylus, and working on running the ink out of my blue Ooly.

I still have two!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

On 4/30/2023 at 8:15 AM, 51ISH said:

Rotring Core (M)  It came with a ballpoint in a tin presentation case that was dented. I think I paid around £5 at the time.  I cannot believe the prices they are selling for now. I used to take the BP to the office. It was the most asked about pen I've owned.  Unfortunately, there was a problem with the BP.  The screw in 'end cap' that secured the BP refill was made of Toffee and the barrel was much harder metal, and it chewed through the threads of the 'end cap'.  I returned the first one, which was exchanged, but the second went exactly the same after a short while. The BP was a heavy old beast.

IMG_3232(1).jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

I used to see copycat versions of the ballpoint.  Maybe I should have bought one.  Five bucks at the time.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

4 hours ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

I used to see copycat versions of the ballpoint.  Maybe I should have bought one.  Five bucks at the time.

The BP was very heavy (Brass?) which was kind of 'odd' as the FP as you know is very light in weight. I used to press very hard on BP's until I found Schmidt P900 B refills (and Lamy B to a lesser extent) Which may explain how I managed to break two of the  BP pens...:sad:

On 5/3/2023 at 3:41 AM, Helen350 said:

Hongdian 100 Piston - F. nib.   Ink:  Diamine Sherwood Green

Picture 1 of 7

That's a striking looking pen. (Kinda Art Deco) 🙂👍

For me, Two Red Pens :  (Cosmo Air Snow paper)

Jinhao X-159, F, Robert Oster Blue River

Platinum President, M, Sailor Manyo Sumire  <-- this becoming a favorite ink

1947213962_IMG_3715900.jpg.604d062613817ba02e5eff36001e83d5.jpg

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

Today's journal pen is a blue and white Perkeo with Pilot Blue ink and a fine nib. It's not a good match - the two blues are off kilter - so I won't annoy anyone else with a photo. Sigh. Maybe it's me that's blue and I should go back to bed and get out the other side...

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Journaling this evening with a Lamy Studio - M. nib.   Ink:  Dryden Designs Sky Blue

Earlier today using a Majohn A2 purple - 0.4 nib.  Ink:  Chesterfield Antique Yankee

s-l1600.jpg

Shouldn't that be Mahjong??

- Sean :unsure:

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Pilot CH 912 / PO this morning...

2023-05-05.jpg.94d609cfb75ef6e5eb73a015b5b7f023.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

8 hours ago, corniche said:

Shouldn't that be Mahjong??

- Sean :unsure:

A2 version posted on Aliexpress:  MAJOHN A2 Press Resin Fountain Pen Retractable

EF Nib WIth Clip&Converter Ink Pen Office School Writing Gift Set Lighter Than A1

New MAJOHN A1 Fountain Pen For Student Retractable 0.4MM Nib Metal Matte

Black Ink Pen Writing Stationery School Office Supply. Printed on both the A1 and

A2 is the name:  Moonman.  

In China they play a tile game called Mahjong.  I own a couple of Mahjong sets - one with Chinese figures and the other the American version:    

8 hours ago, Misfit said:

@Helen350 How are you liking the MaJohn A2?  Is it plastic?

Though I prefer the metal pen, this plastic (type of plastic I do not know) one with the metal furnishings

is enjoyable to handle.  I can see it getting scratched up if you "manhandle" the pen or throw it into a

purse with keys, etc, etc.  A simple pen sleeve will help to keep it untarnished.  Like so many others who

use the A1 or now the A2, we do wish they offered different nib units.  I would love a true medium and 1.1

stub.  I did purchase a med. Pilot VP nib uni, which I can also use in these pens, at the cost of $70

a yr ago,

On 5/2/2023 at 10:06 AM, PAKMAN said:

Beautiful pen!!!:wub:

3 hours ago, Helen350 said:

A2 version posted on Aliexpress:  MAJOHN A2 Press Resin Fountain Pen Retractable

EF Nib WIth Clip&Converter Ink Pen Office School Writing Gift Set Lighter Than A1

New MAJOHN A1 Fountain Pen For Student Retractable 0.4MM Nib Metal Matte

Black Ink Pen Writing Stationery School Office Supply. Printed on both the A1 and

A2 is the name:  Moonman.  

In China they play a tile game called Mahjong.  I own a couple of Mahjong sets - one with Chinese figures and the other the American version:    

Hi Helen,

Yeah, I know the game; I thought they had named the pen after it, that's why your spelling of MaJohn was throwing me off, but I understand now that's how they are actually spelling it. :)

- Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.