What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

6 minutes ago, 51ISH said:

To be honest I had someone earlier post on my 'You have 30 seconds to decide on only one pen thread' and a guy said he would take his granddads old pen, as although it wasn't his best writer,  using it reminded him of his granddad. I had never even considered my Sonnet, I hadn't even considered it part of my collection.  The Sonnet is already out, it's being inked tomorrow.

How exciting- I hope it’s like meeting up with an good friend who you haven’t seen in years!

Top 5 of 23 currently inked pens:

Namiki Origami Tradition maki-e Penguin F, Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku

Sailor X Sakazaki Penguin Pro Gear Slim MF, Sailor Manyo Konagi

Lamy 2000 EF, Diamine Purple Bow

Platinum Hibiscus SF short-long, Platinum Green

Indigo Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub, De Atramentis Columbia Blue-Copper 

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• OldTravelingShoe

• Misfit

• Penguincollector

1 hour ago, Penguincollector said:

Australia’s fauna is so cool, even the venomous ones! Do you get any cool parrots around your house? 

Yes, lots of parrots cos we live out in the country and have put in many many birdbaths - which they appreciate in this crazy hot dry place. There's one just outside the window next to my reading chair where I'm sitting. I can watch them, but they can't see me.

56 minutes ago, Misfit said:

@AmandaW yikes, I read about that snake. It was at first sounding not so bad for humans. Then I saw it could damage kidneys.  I hope the snake leaves your land soon. 

They're unlikely to leave and I'm not able to do anything to get rid of them.

I've had two scary encounters with them in the past few months - and can't do much to avoid it when weeding and pruning - both required by fire prep rules - have to be done. And by hand is the only reasonable way. I was never afraid of the garden when it was just bees, wasps and man-eating roses, but I am now. :sick:

Will work for pens... :unsure:

1 minute ago, AmandaW said:

Yes, lots of parrots cos we live out in the country and have put in many many birdbaths - which they appreciate in this crazy hot dry place. There's one just outside the window next to my reading chair where I'm sitting. I can watch them, but they can't see me

That’s so cool! I bet they love your yard! My little pet flock is all cockatiels. They’re so smart and friendly. I would love to see them and the big cockies, king parrots, and rosellas in the wild.

21 hours ago, 51ISH said:

Fair do's,  we all use our pens differently. (I could manage quite easily with only one pen for a month and often do) Fill the pen with the ink you think 'fits'.  Keep the pen close and use the pen as and  when it fits the situation / circumstances.

:thumbup: 

Of course at the moment I'm in the process of trying to finish running through pens before the Baltimore-Washington show, and getting them flushed out (I'm hoping to get several pens checked out and repaired, so expect that some of those will get inked up over the weekend -- even if just to test them out.  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

1 hour ago, AmandaW said:

Yes, lots of parrots cos we live out in the country and have put in many many birdbaths - which they appreciate in this crazy hot dry place. There's one just outside the window next to my reading chair where I'm sitting. I can watch them, but they can't see me.

I love seeing your native parrots @AmandaW So colourful and eye-catching when they flock together!

Ours don't usually come this far down from the mountains but the: Kea is one of my favourite NZ birds.

They can be very destructive though and can rip pieces of rubber windscreen linings or plastic fittings to shreds given half a chance!

On a stop-over during any journey through the Southern Alps you have to be careful where you park and what you leave unattended!

Tom

php94gTRD-1280x720-c-default.thumb.jpg.675d86a712b841b0def153f53e5c8132.jpgphptA7oYG.thumb.jpeg.4b9bac53cea5f6760c1c3b2185aef2e6.jpeg

Acknowledgement.

Source: Reddit/CountrymanR60

πTom

57 minutes ago, Pale.Ink.Tom said:

I love seeing your native parrots @AmandaW So colourful and eye-catching when they flock together!

Ours don't usually come this far down from the mountains but the: Kea is one of my favourite NZ birds.

They can be very destructive though and can rip pieces of rubber windscreen linings or plastic fittings to shreds given half a chance!

On a stop-over during any journey through the Southern Alps you have to be careful where you park and what you leave unattended!

Tom

php94gTRD-1280x720-c-default.thumb.jpg.675d86a712b841b0def153f53e5c8132.jpgphptA7oYG.thumb.jpeg.4b9bac53cea5f6760c1c3b2185aef2e6.jpeg

Acknowledgement.

Source: Reddit/CountrymanR60

😍💚💙🖤💛

What is it you are trying to say @Penguincollector??😂

Don't be shy...Since I am a permanent, Linux Mint OS user I've often wondered you how you feel about 'Tux'?

Cheers, P.I.Tom

tux.jpg.c4d8f325bda7b6103f3d655eddd076eb.jpg

πTom

Franklin Christoph 20 / PO nib

large.2023-03-08-1.jpg.3c881b10520e42e630ce5a665869102f.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

Delta Momo LE for today!

20150713_113342-1-1.thumb.jpg.d9f3a1dab10a3ff9c33ad0c520732d03.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

So far today it's been the sterling silver Parker 75 Ciséle, B nib -- still with MB Great Characters Jimi Hendrix (which is a GORGEOUS purple).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

1 hour ago, PAKMAN said:

Delta Momo LE for today!

20150713_113342-1-1.thumb.jpg.d9f3a1dab10a3ff9c33ad0c520732d03.jpg

That's quite a pen! Hope you're enjoying it!

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

Today's rotation has been an old Lamy Ratio that someone gave me a couple of weeks ago because they were going to throw it away. In trying to straighten out the oddly bent (sort of wavy?) nib, the tip of one of the tines snapped right off at the base of the tipping material. So I figured, what better time than now to learn how to grind a stub... 😁 I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, actually. Not bad for my first time! 

large.IMG_3155.jpg.0ea77c30e226ffe2e05fa617f830e824.jpg

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

large.20230308_130314.jpg.c89ff43c17a15cef876ec4a5171eb81d.jpg

Decided to pull out my Ebonite Konrad and fill it with Heart of Darkness. It's been a long time since using this pen.

The other is a Peter Draws Narwhal from Goldspot Pens.

fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png

14 hours ago, Pale.Ink.Tom said:

What is it you are trying to say @Penguincollector??😂

Don't be shy...Since I am a permanent, Linux Mint OS user I've often wondered you how you feel about 'Tux'?

Cheers, P.I.Tom

tux.jpg.c4d8f325bda7b6103f3d655eddd076eb.jpg

I love keas! That’s what I’m trying to say! I love Tux as well, despite knowing nothing about Linux (lifelong Apple user by circumstance and very low tech) except that it makes some computers run. I used to go to the Powell’s Technical Bookstore with my husband way back when and they had a Tux stuffie display item by the Linux books that I wanted so bad! 

I’m also low key envious that you live near penguins. 

Today’s pen is the Wing Sung 699 that is still inked with Ama-Iro. 

Eversharpe Skyline Diamine Presidential Blue ink

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

Your post made my heart happy @Penguincollector😄

Well.. now we know what to get you for Christmas/birthday! (although delivery might be a minor problem)!🤔

I could have said the same re: Lifelong Apple user.. until I 'derailed' maybe 5 years ago. I chose that term because it did feel like crashing off the rails and being able to drive wherever my heart desired instead of back and forth between stations! Like a beach buggy in a desert (or a Penguin in open Antarctic Oceans)

Even though I'm a grown man but would be thrilled if someone offered me a 'Tux' stuffie!

I discovered this online the other day...and..well..!

1776544292_garygoose.png.365d9bd5d586352cfbc27025b4f93e45.png

Because my first name is g*** and my Grandparents Surname was Greygoose! I'm not kidding! I couldn't believe it!

I may be destined to have a companion stuffie in my life yet!

A 'Kea' stuffie would be amazing. Perhaps I see a gap in the market because I am also a craft/artist.😃

I have bumped into both seals and penguins on my beach walks. Seals are the scariest! But to be honest we both usually startle each other!

Been nice chatting @Penguincollector

Today I'm using my newly restored vintage, Montblanc Meisterstuck 146 with Edelstein Tanzanite ink and a vintage, Swan 'Snakeskin' pattern self-filler with Van Dieman's, "Tiger Snake" ink.

Plus two Kaweco Sports that never leave my writing desk.

g*** goose Tom 😀

πTom

28 minutes ago, Pale.Ink.Tom said:

Your post made my heart happy @Penguincollector😄

Well.. now we know what to get you for Christmas/birthday! (although delivery might be a minor problem)!🤔

I could have said the same re: Lifelong Apple user.. until I 'derailed' maybe 5 years ago. I chose that term because it did feel like crashing off the rails and being able to drive wherever my heart desired instead of back and forth between stations! Like a beach buggy in a desert (or a Penguin in open Antarctic Oceans)

Even though I'm a grown man but would be thrilled if someone offered me a 'Tux' stuffie!

I discovered this online the other day...and..well..!

1776544292_garygoose.png.365d9bd5d586352cfbc27025b4f93e45.png

Because my first name is g*** and my Grandparents Surname was Greygoose! I'm not kidding! I couldn't believe it!

I may be destined to have a companion stuffie in my life yet!

A 'Kea' stuffie would be amazing. Perhaps I see a gap in the market because I am also a craft/artist.😃

I have bumped into both seals and penguins on my beach walks. Seals are the scariest! But to be honest we both usually startle each other!

Been nice chatting @Penguincollector

Today I'm using my newly restored vintage, Montblanc Meisterstuck 146 with Edelstein Tanzanite ink and a vintage, Swan 'Snakeskin' pattern self-filler with Van Dieman's, "Tiger Snake" ink.

Plus two Kaweco Sports that never leave my writing desk.

g*** goose Tom 😀

That’s an adorable goose, @Pale.Ink.Tom! Have you played the Goose game yet? A kea stuffie would be so cute! 

Please tell me about the goose game! @Penguincollector

As if I've just landed, I live my life with 'a beginners mind'! To almost everything!🤔

I did not know about this goose game!

Where have I been all my life?

P.I.Tom

πTom

4 minutes ago, Pale.Ink.Tom said:

Please tell me about the goose game! @Penguincollector

As if I've just landed, I live my life with 'a beginners mind'! To almost everything!🤔

I did not know about this goose game!

Where have I been all my life?

P.I.Tom

It’s called the Untitled Goose Game and it’s about a goose who gets into all sorts of hijinks in an English village. You can find it on a ton of platforms now. You can message me if you need more information (Sorry for derailing the thread, folks- back to pens).