What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

The opaque Lorelei 667 fountain pen I have, which looks like this:

H1f2f46b84f364d4ab07e85de96e5ebc7S.jpg?width=800&height=800&hash=1600

Source: AliExpress

is a c/c-filled pen that is came out of the same mould as the PenBBS 308. (The 667 is actually engraved on the cap ring.) My two other Lorelei pens of the exact same design, but in other colours, curiously have the model number 019.

However, the ones with the clear barrels are quite apparently piston-fillers, so… go figure.

p.s. The colours on my Lorelei 667 pen are, somewhat disappointingly, rather more muted and have a whole lot less red in them.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• OldTravelingShoe

• Misfit

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nakaya Aka namenuri.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

57 minutes ago, PAKMAN said:

Nakaya Aka namenuri.jpg

Oh, that’s gorgeous! What model of Nakaya (if that’s what it is, I don’t have my readers on and am still working on my first cup of coffee) is that? I like it better than the faceted barrel ones.

I’m using a charcoal Lamy clone with teal ink that was a freebie. It has a rainbow nib that reminds me of an oil slick puddle. 

So far today it's been a recent acquisition:  Parker Vector "Series Road", M nib -- still with KWZI Cherry.

But I'm probably going to be inking up one of the Snorkels I got repaired over the weekend at the Baltimore-Washington show, and possibly also the Parker 45/Eversharp hybrid (don't know what the model is, precisely).  And I may need to be using the Sailor 1911S Loch Ness Monster, MF nib (currently inked up with Sailor Souboku) because I think I have to update an automatic withdrawal from my checking account today....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

IMG_3194(1).jpg.32ae828489c894ba188bd049c72fb530.jpgIMG_3193(3).jpg.4156d4adc9d6aa16e7c63f2c4e0ed06b.jpgHad this

I've had this pen for some years but never got around to using it. Then today I found an unused Sheaffer cartridge in one of my other pens :thumbup:

Fancied a change.....

Medium Conid Bulkfiller Ti "f" nib, Akkerman Shocking Blue ink, Topps Docket Gold legal pads.   Same old same old. :)

So many hobbies, so little time....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

6 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Oh, that’s gorgeous! What model of Nakaya (if that’s what it is, I don’t have my readers on and am still working on my first cup of coffee) is that? I like it better than the faceted barrel ones.

I’m using a charcoal Lamy clone with teal ink that was a freebie. It has a rainbow nib that reminds me of an oil slick puddle. 

Nakaya Portable Writer Aka-tamenuri red lacquer ebonite BB 14k nib

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

7 minutes ago, PAKMAN said:

Nakaya Portable Writer Aka-tamenuri red lacquer ebonite BB 14k nib

Thank you!

I went looking and found several blue ones  Here’s hoping there’s one at the PNW Pen Show.

7 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

Nakaya Aka namenuri.jpg

Yikes !!

I figure my 'Previously owned'  No Nonsense Sheaffer Italic F is up against some serious competition today!  I guess we won't be winning the 'Pen of the Day' competition today then??  🤣🤣🤣

Simply gorgeous ! :thumbup:

Got mine at the Dallas show.

PAKMAN

It turns out the Sheaffer No Nonsense Italic  doesn't 'play nicely'  when taking notes on my cheapy note books.... sigh.... I had to make a shopping list.... what pen did I pick without thinking?

Well would you believe it...you'd never guess, it's the 'old faithful'  Bejing Jin Xing 28

Currently loaded with Diamine Sherwood Green.  (Anyone who uses fountain pens in a professional environment, that wants to try something different, may want to consider this ink)

index.jpg

Playing with mixed media possibilities. The pen of the day is a Pilot Capless Matte Black EF filled with Iroshizuku Yama-guri.

I discovered a few interesting things. Faber Castell Pitt pens in the darker of the assorted Warm Greys is a match for the R&K SketchInk Lily (applied with a Jinhao 86 with a fude nib). And the Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils use the same naming and numbering as the Pitt pens. And in fact continues across all their artist range of media. Isn't that useful! And the SketchInks, like the FC stuff, is pigmented and lightfast. So I'm going to get a Lihit Lab case to put all the stuff together as a portable tonal sketch kit.

The screaming splash of pink was an accident - it was all over the section (out of the cap?) of an otherwise clean and empty Jinhao 51a - got there while looking for an empty pen for the SketchInk. Oddly, I quite like that too. I wouldn't be afraid of a wild accent colour on an otherwise tonal drawing... so I tore the doodle off the scratchpad and stuck it in my journal cos some thing are worth remembering.

large.Pilot_capless.jpg.7941dbad69a3a6da51c4cc3667492671.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

First I got out the Platinum 3776 Chartres Blue B nib to see what the trim color was because someone asked me that on Reddit. It’s gold.  I bought it used. I doodled with it. The pens I wrote with are a Pilot Prera Iro-ai in pink with CM nib, and a Pelikan M200 Cognac with B nib. The Cognac was my Pi Day pen from 2022. It has a sample of Van Dieman’s Leatherwood Honey Amber in it. That ink was suggested as a good match to the pen, and it is. 

Posted Image

@AmandaW which Lihit Lab case are you considering?  Another possibility is a Delfonics pouch. I got the medium Delfonics. Lots of pockets on the outsides, plus more inside. It easily holds the regular size Travelers Notebook. 

Posted Image

42 minutes ago, Misfit said:

@AmandaW which Lihit Lab case are you considering?  Another possibility is a Delfonics pouch. I got the medium Delfonics. Lots of pockets on the outsides, plus more inside. It easily holds the regular size Travelers Notebook. 

The single zip book-style. I can go get one from the office supply shop today - and THAT beats anything any other brand may offer. I will get a choice of colour, I expect, and really don't mind which - maybe black? Or I saw there's a grey cracked ice pattern. Either of those would suit my tonal sketch kit theme. Instant gratification. Woo hoo. :)

Will work for pens... :unsure:

13 hours ago, sandy101 said:

Caran d'ache Leman with broad nib. A nice writer.

IMG_20230315_145205690.jpg

Is that the model with alpine in the name?

Posted Image