• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• OldTravelingShoe

• Misfit

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am using Parker 51's medium italic, broad italic, medium straight and fine straight.  I have what seems to be a flex nib for 51 that I need to fit then see if it works. I am trying to get a couple Parker 75's up and writing with a medium and broad nib. I might have an italic nib coming to try out too. Otherwise I am using a couple Parker dupfolds a medium rigid and medium flex nib. I am getting familiar with a couple of Sheaffer Triumph nibs too.

Oooh!  Nice range of nibs you've got there.  Most of my 51s are Fs and Ms, with a couple of EFs, and one OB (on the most expensive one of the bunch -- an English-made Navy Gray Aerometric I got at an auction at the Triangle Pen Show a few years ago, and that price of course included the buyer's premium).  

I don't have any italic nibs or a "regular" broad nib -- and I sure don't have any with nibs that have anything faintly resembling flex on ANY of the 51s....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My Lamy SLAB (Studio Lx All Black), after a whole lot of effort cleaning out what remained of the fill of Hero 234 carbon black ink from the first half of September 2021. (Credit where credit is due, the pen still retained 15% of the ink volume after close to four months, with some sporadic use along the way.)

Also cleaned out my Lamy Accent, which in spite of (my recollection of) its impressive cap seal effectiveness, has long since dried out completely after, what, nine months or longer?

Both now refilled with ‘new’ inks — Noodler's Ink Aircorp Blue Black and Zhivago, respectively. The Lamy SLAB wrote too dryly when filled with Zhivago, and so the filled converter got transferred over into the Lamy Accent, where the ink seems to accentuate the stubbishness of the Z53 steel EF nib I fitted on the pen.

Now, on the bus, I have my Pilot Elite 95S filled with Platinum Classic Ink Lavender Black back who-knows-when (but most likely July/August). I usually don't post the cap on my pen's barrel when writing, but when I have to hold my notepad up with my other hand, and there is no table or place on which to set down the cap safely, I have to use pens on which I don't mind posting the caps. Furthermore, the stop-start nature of jotting down thoughts while on public transport calls for a capless, slip-cap or snap-cap pen; anything but a screw-cap.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

TWSBI 700 Vac, Iris, F nib -- Diamine Grey.

Parker 45 Arrow, Aqua Blue (?), M nib -- vintage Quink Permanent Royal Blue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

TWSBI Diamond 530 clear w/F nib, inked with 14TH LA Pen Show (2003) Delta Planets green; TWSBI Diamond 530 blue w/M nib, inked with J Herbin Bleu Pervenche; Delta Planets, Earth w/F nib inked with the pen show green.

20220102_223606.jpg

I cleaned the Sailor Waka-uguisi out of the green Opus 88 F and refilled with Diamine Evergreen because it wasn't flowing well. It's good now so I'll retry the Sailor ink at a later date when I'm more familiar with the pen and can tell if it's user error. (Probably was...)

Also used a Pilot Plumix medium stub for a little italic practice. I'm planning a page a day, changing the pen and/or ink when each fill runs out and maybe photograph just one page from each pen to put in the Stub O' The Day thread to show my progress as well as the pens and inks.

And, as usual, a Kaweco Perkeo with a posting nib and Van Dieman's Cradle Mountain Grey for my Bullet Journal.

large.Opus88_PilotPlumix_Perkeo.jpg.d6ec4eb76eab39e4591e34fe16ec5567.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

large.PXL_20220103_040346722.jpg.494e4714e6e05baae0c6d53239ed5584.jpglarge.PXL_20220103_032656721_MP.jpg.0fc5fe21047225ec28491e3942079584.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Today it's the Delta Planets Earth with an 18k fine nib and Delta Planets 14th LA Pen Show green ink and a Parker 75 Flighter with 14k fine nib and Private Reserve Naples Blue ink.

20220103_223140.jpg

15 hours ago, I-am-not-really-here said:

Ever so briefly, a Merlin33 with Crescent Fre-Flow Violet.

What is Cresent Fre-Flow please? 

2 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

What is Cresent Fre-Flow please? 

One of those vintage inks.  I like the swan.

3B5C580D-E889-44C6-94C9-8D8DF949A4CC.jpeg

The usual:

Nakaya Piccolo, since receiving it just over a year ago, with a Pilot #15 PO nib since about the end of September (with Noodler's Black).

Moonman C2 with a Pilot #10 PO nib for almost two years (with Platinum Carbon Black).

Pilot 92 (F), comes in and out of rotation, likely to stay cos I really like this F nib (with Iroshizuku Take-sumi).

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

4 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

What a pretty bottle! Not one I've come across - I'm guessing it's a US-made ink.

Yep, was made in Terra-Haute Indiana.  Probably 1940's. Here's a shot of just the bottle label.  A graphics design winner in my book.  

B739A260-EC94-44F1-8DA0-9BA94AC277DD.jpeg

Preppy crystal 0,3 with Diamine snowstorm- just the remnants so I can cleanup for a new ink.

Yet again my Opus 88 Picnic is out to play. Why? I think I've been reaching for it on the days when my hands hurt and I'm going to be writing a lot. Quite simply, it's my most comfortable pen.  It's still filled with Diamine Evergreen.

large.opus88.jpg.a842016064ccf524acf0d6f4652a4388.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

18 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

Quite simply, it's my most comfortable pen.

I'm glad to hear that!

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.