What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

FC model 20 in tiger red was primary today ...

09-16-1.thumb.jpg.41e67db5a000575b969526d5774e0bc7.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• OldTravelingShoe

• Misfit

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today it's been

1) the black Parker 21 I picked up a week or two ago at an estate sale (I think it's an F nib, although at first I thought it might be an EF), with whatever the ink was in it which got reconstituted (seems to be a blue black, but not one of the teal-leaning ones) when I went to flush it out.

2) the Pelikan M205 Blue Marbled, M nib, with Edelstein Topaz.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Tonight, it will be my new Sailor Pro Gear Slim that arrived yesterday. I'm thinking Monaco Red.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

On 8/29/2022 at 7:36 AM, OldTravelingShoe said:

Indeed beauties, thanks for sharing. If yoy have them inked: How do they write? 

The navy gray on the far left is my personal favorite. It's a smooth as silk medium gold nib with just the right amount of ink flow and feedback.  The other 2 have fine nibs and feel a bit scratchy to me, but I suppose that's normal for the nib type.

47 minutes ago, jandrew said:

And today is the FC 20p ...

09-17-1.jpg.778cdc8c0693139ca14c959ccb176274.jpg

Beautiful! 
I love the artwork too - may I ask what the ink is?

32 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

Beautiful! 
I love the artwork too - may I ask what the ink is?

Thanks. The ink is mix I call seaweed or seagrass --- roughly a 6:1 mix of diamine sepia and iroshizuku kon-peki. (I made a post on reddit showing it about a year ago).

~ Schrödinger's wife

the usual desk pen, waterman laureat extra fine nib inked in a mix of waterman violette and sheaffer burgundy

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

A vintage Universal lever is at play this morning ...

09-18-2.jpg.0e1dc3ca8aa616b183dceb7aa6be2ab2.jpg

~ Schrödinger's wife

Last night, it was the Sailor PG Slim again but out with the Monaco Red and in with Miruai; better but still no cigar. This may take a while.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

On 9/17/2022 at 2:21 AM, dms525 said:

I used many pens today, practicing italic calligraphy. The new member of the "team" is an Edison Comet. I was attracted to this model's size and form from its first appearance. It was just added to Edison's "Production" pens, sold through retailers, and in a very handsome resin, Edison calls "Brandywine." The material appears to be the same resin Franklin-Christoph has used and calls "Cathedral." 

The Comet model has a very tapered barrel. It posts deeply and firmly. It has a smooth yet crisp-writing 1.1mm JoWo Steel Stub nib. I'm liking this pen even more than I expected to.

619118103_EdisonComet.jpg.3a942d2b6b16508ae372c30a9467c424.jpg

870036675_EdisonCometposted.jpg.cfdbeb91ed17b80cbe602187befa1191.jpg

David

Great looking pen, congratulations, @dms525 (David)! Makes me think of an upgraded Eversharp Skyline, with its oversized cap and prominent dome-shaped, colored finial. 😄

1 hour ago, IThinkIHaveAProblem said:

Really great looking pen!

Thank you, it is indeed. And the best thing about it is that I can tell my missus she can't use it.

5 hours ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

Great looking pen, congratulations, @dms525 (David)! Makes me think of an upgraded Eversharp Skyline, with its oversized cap and prominent dome-shaped, colored finial. 😄

The Skyline vibe was the first thing that struck me about the Comet too.

David