What pen(s) are you using today?

A Smug Dill

On 9/10/2022 at 12:21 AM, OldTravelingShoe said:

Very nice set, @irrigger, thanks for sharing. How do they write? 😄

Here is a quick sample with what they are currently inked with.

large.potd2a.jpg.0f95b287783ea5d05ffcbd3a81fbcf2b.jpg

fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• OldTravelingShoe

• Misfit

• USG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Carrau said:

I love that color!

It's a lovely color, not dissimilar to your Maroon Realo, Perhaps a little brighter.

How do you like the Realo as an EDC? 

I totally agree on the MB 344, these 50/60's MB's are great pens.

large.2022-09-12_00104.jpg.fb81f9c3f0d7aa9bfd0fb5b71a55bf6b.jpg

@Bo Bo Olson  I am still learning how to use a flex.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

18 hours ago, irrigger said:

Here is a quick sample with what they are currently inked with.

large.potd2a.jpg.0f95b287783ea5d05ffcbd3a81fbcf2b.jpg

Haha, now I also like the inks! 😃

27 minutes ago, The Mustard said:

Sheaffer Targa Solitaire.jpg

These are what I think of when I think "Vintage pen". They're very Great Gatsby, in a good way. 

Been writing with these two ystudio Resin pens this morning ...

09-13.jpg.2c8365f7ea4ca9780a817469f8229959.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

So far today it's been the Senator (from a Google dive I think it's a "Windsor"), M nib (although seems to write more like an F) with Pelikan 4001 Violet.

Not bad for a pen I paid a buck for at an estate sale, AND is a piston filler to boot!  :thumbup:

Ruth Morrisson aka instainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

3 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

So far today it's been the Senator (from a Google dive I think it's a "Windsor"), M nib (although seems to write more like an F) with Pelikan 4001 Violet.

Not bad for a pen I paid a buck for at an estate sale, AND is a piston filler to boot!  :thumbup:

Ruth Morrisson aka instainedruth

I have a Senator Professional, a piston-filler with a supple 14ct gold nib, which cost me all of £5 on eBay. It's never going to make heads turn but it's a very good writer. They make some cracking pens.

large.PXL_20220914_032251784.jpg.dde4054680d341604089ea0c776c8420.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

7 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

large.PXL_20220914_032251784.jpg.dde4054680d341604089ea0c776c8420.jpg

Love the color on the purplish pen,

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

'Just a quick update to let everyone know that I have broken my own rule about how many pens to have inked at a given time.  What pen(s) am I using today (and for the next week or so until I can justify dumping what's left of the ink)?

1945 Parker "51" Vacumatic (Black, Lustraloy GF clip) - Hero 232

1951 Parker "51" (Cocoa with gold filled cap) Aerometric - Hero 232

1955ish Parker "51" (Burgandy) - Super Quink Blue Black

Late 1920s Sheafer Lifetime Flat Top (Black Celluloid) - KWZ IG Blue #1

1935 Parker Parkette (Maroon Celluloid, flexible 14k nib) - 1940s Quink Blue Black

2005 Hero 616 (I know, I know.  Why?) - Quink Permanent Black

Help,

Cliff

“The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.”  John Adams

20 hours ago, ruby.monkey said:

I have a Senator Professional, a piston-filler with a supple 14ct gold nib, which cost me all of £5 on eBay. It's never going to make heads turn but it's a very good writer. They make some cracking pens.

I've been really impressed by the Senator Windsor so far.  Although I was a little surprised that (while in theory a European medium nib) it writes more like a Japanese fine.  But that just means I'll get even more out of a fill :D.  

Can't knock a piston filler for a dollar which is the price I paid at an estate sale company's warehouse sale a couple of weeks ago, digging through a box bottom of mostly BPs.  Of course mine doesn't have a gold nib like yours, just what looks like a gold plated one.  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

6 hours ago, Bristol24 said:

2005 Hero 616 (I know, I know.  Why?)

Diversity would be my guess.

Not being sarcastic...

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

7 hours ago, Bristol24 said:

2005 Hero 616 (I know, I know.  Why?) - Quink Permanent Black

My guess was gonna be; “because it’s a perfectly serviceable clone of a “51” that can be taken out of the home without worrying about loss or damage”

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.