Have the new Lamy special edition colours been announced?

Nosferatualso

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astronymus

• inkstainedruth

• Black Spot

• Anne-Sophie

17 hours ago, michijake said:

Hi all, just wanted to post a link to the previous post where someone had a picture of the potential "Strawberry and Cream" Safaris. Here's hoping we get an official announcement soon! 

And here's the image if you don't feel like following the link:

67084C9C-E78B-4F83-AD0D-8601FADBEA88.jpeg

Thanks for sharing... any clue if these are matte or shiny finishes?

10 minutes ago, Astronymus said:

zour links are on da Friz.

Do not step on Fritz he hates that.

download.jpg

I'm curious what "whitesilver" will mean. As there is no white anodizing I wonder if it will just be natural aluminium color like the first AL-Star model.

Thanks for posting the link, Astronymus.  Interesting looking, but not all that different, when push comes to shove, over last year's Azure al-Star.  Maybe a little lighter in color is all.  Ditto when compared to the Ruthenium LX.

I'd have to see this one in person, but -- just like the reported Safari SE colors for this year -- I will probably pass....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

10 hours ago, Astronymus said:

I'm curious what "whitesilver" will mean. As there is no white anodizing I wonder if it will just be natural aluminium color like the first AL-Star model.

The "whitesilver" pens started showing up on Canadian penshop websites last week. 

The photos do resemble the original Al-Star models... but the images are stock Lamy photos, and the colours aren't always true-to-life on those.

15 hours ago, dennis_f said:

The photos do resemble the original Al-Star models... but the images are stock Lamy photos, and the colours aren't always true-to-life on those.

I've found that to be the case for other brands as well: my Pelikan 405 Stresemann and Sailor 1911S Loch Ness Monster come to immediate mind -- and in the case of the Sailor, I was afraid I'd been sent the wrong pen by mistake until I took a photo with the flash on my phone to send to the vendor (I had really been hoping for the grey blue the promo photos showed, and in reality the pen is very similar in color and shape to my Pelikan M120 Iconic Blue when capped).  

In Lamy's case, the photos of the Azure al-Star were all over the map (although for  that pen, I've found that the color of mine is very much dependent on the ambient light, and does have a blue-ish cast to the barrel and cap color at times.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 1/25/2022 at 6:34 PM, inkstainedruth said:

I've found that to be the case for other brands as well: my Pelikan 405 Stresemann and Sailor 1911S Loch Ness Monster come to immediate mind -- and in the case of the Sailor, I was afraid I'd been sent the wrong pen by mistake until I took a photo with the flash on my phone to send to the vendor (I had really been hoping for the grey blue the promo photos showed, and in reality the pen is very similar in color and shape to my Pelikan M120 Iconic Blue when capped).  

In Lamy's case, the photos of the Azure al-Star were all over the map (although for  that pen, I've found that the color of mine is very much dependent on the ambient light, and does have a blue-ish cast to the barrel and cap color at times.

Yes, Pelikan images are the worst.  Aren't there entire threads on FPN about Pelikan marketing inconsistencies/discrepancies...?

Lamy's Azure images were terrible, and the Studio Glacier as well.  Though in their defence on the latter, I think that was a difficult colour to photograph (is it blue?  Is it grey?  Is it blue-grey?!?).

I just saw a few more stock images of the new Al-Star and it really does look like the original aluminum colour.

9 hours ago, dennis_f said:

the Studio Glacier as well.  Though in their defence on the latter, I think that was a difficult colour to photograph (is it blue?  Is it grey?  Is it blue-grey?!?).

I hear you. Sometimes when I have the things in my hand and I am looking at them, I can't decide what color they are (blue? or grey? or both?) :) 

7 hours ago, N1003U said:

I hear you. Sometimes when I have the things in my hand and I am looking at them, I can't decide what color they are (blue? or grey? or both?) :) 

To make matters worse, I'm colour blind... so with the Glacier pens specifically, depending on the store I'd be visiting and the colour of their lights (were they a warm yellow, or a colder neon; was the showroom bathed in sunlight, or was the sky outside the windows cloudy?!?) the "live" "in real life" colour would morph from moment to moment. 

I stood outside a pen shop one day with one of the Glacier studios in my hand trying to figure out the colour, and it gave me a literal headache.  But that's on me, not Lamy. 

On 1/24/2022 at 8:16 PM, lucraak said:

Oooh nice! 

Curious about the new Studio color :)

Hi the new Studio colour is dark brown I am reliably informed, available around June 😊

I'd like to see some tinted Vistas (Coke bottle green [when the bottles were glass...], fluorescent yellow/orange/green, grey...).

On 1/23/2022 at 9:28 PM, Astronymus said:

For 2022 an exclusive treat for the CPC. Probably assembled by slave workers. http://lamy.net.cn/product?id=1138&colorId=556

I keep coming back to this comment.

One of the reasons I buy Lamy pens is they're entirely made in Germany where worker's protection is reasonably good (I know no system is perfect). I didn't think they outsourced any of their production to China?

Instagram @inkysloth