Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Bargain innovation , well , kind of

Mech-for-i

Well well , not quite an innovation, after all we've seen this on clothing pegs for literally more than a century but seeing someone doing it on the Safari clones just bring smile to my face, certainly had to ask " why didn't someone thought about this before "

Lanbitou-8080.jpg.4ddb0a9b3b41c09fff22ac9616a85cc7.jpg

Lanbitou 8080

P.S. credit where credits due Mitsubishi Uni should be mentioned for taking this clip mechanism and apply it to their Uni-Ball One gel pen and give the idea off 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aysedasi

• Mech-for-i

• J120

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After the 3088, Lanbitou need to have their pen making privileges revoked until they can manufacture something that is not immediately destined for the landfill. As with most Lanbitou models, the question is what did they miss that will prevent it from writing.  

There are quite a fair number of Chinese fountain pen brand that only tailor to the cheap pen, student pen sector. Lanbitou definitely qualified as one of the bottom of the heap.

The irony is that the Mfr do fair amount of OEM work and those OEM production items almost always come out decently nice .. so it's not about the manufacturing or workmanship , it's just excessive cost cutting and profit margin

Indeed. 

Take the 3059. You had to buy Safari type clones to butcher them for their cap liner, then buy the plastic screws to avoid rust. I understand cost cutting but add $5 to the pen if you are going to go this route. I then fall back on the awareness those were not made for the western buyer and are probably student pens but I hope even that downstream buyer would balk at rusty screws and no inner cap liner for sealing.  

Just annoying when you see what they could do if they took the time for some QC. Decent QC costs money but they get absolutely hammered on Bilibili for these errors. 

13 hours ago, J120 said:

After the 3088, Lanbitou need to have their pen making privileges revoked until they can manufacture something that is not immediately destined for the landfill. As with most Lanbitou models, the question is what did they miss that will prevent it from writing.  

Couldn't agree more.  

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......