All I want for Christmas is................

inkypete

One thing only - paper, pen related.

Mine - I'd love a Lamy 2000 FP in fine nib. Anyone wanting to fulfill my wish message me for my address details.

What's your one wish? Big or small!

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

• austollie

• brokenclay

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck. Inkypete! 🙂

My one wish is HUGE - I want the pandemic to go away so the Japanese postal system works like it used to and all the small vendors can come back. The things I want are all small and shouldn't be expensive, but under the current arrangements are much too much.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

My wish: an ever-growing, and increasingly influential, market for new fountain pens (in terms of design and/or features, and being in production today and/or in the immediate future), fuelled by the desires and demands of users worldwide, who have a far wider scope of interests and applications than writing in English in a cursive hand, Spencerian style with somewhat flexible nibs that were common decades ago.

That's the way to tap into the spending of a whole new generation of enthusiasts, and trigger more production and innovation to the ultimate benefit of hobbyists. Diluting the focus and influence of certain niches is part and parcel of that; it's much easier to broaden the landscape than try to foster renewed interest in what may be seen as passe by the generation who will be coming into control of the majority of consumer spending.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Well, last year, my biggest wish actually came true and against all expectations at that.  I wanted Lamy to re-release the Safari in Savannah Green.  Amazingly that very thing happened.

So, given that what I consider to be an improbable wish came to true last year, I now wish for Lamy to bring out the 2000 in a cartridge filler version, preferably with Z55 (or other quality) nib.

23 minutes ago, austollie said:

So, given that what I consider to be an improbable wish came to true last year, I now wish for Lamy to bring out the 2000 in a cartridge filler version, preferably with Z55 (or other quality) nib.

Woah, there, cowboy! Let's not go nuts.