LAMY 2000 in brown (55th anniversary L.E. gift set) for A$560

A Smug Dill

Milligram Outlet in Australia has just put up 11(?) units of the LAMY 2000 55th Anniversary Limited Edition gift set for A$560 each, with a $8.80 Australia-wide delivery charge per order that is not waived. That's effectively US$400 (excluding delivery charge) each. For Australians looking to get one quickly and/or “buy local”, that's not half bad for a retail offer, if a brown LAMY 2000 is what they're after.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

• elkoko_pen

• Jamerelbe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks @A Smug Dill, still a bit (a lot!) too rich for my blood, but appreciate you pointing it out regardless.  I've snagged some pretty sweet deals from the Milligram Outlet over the past 12-18 months - definitely worth keeping an eye on the site!

4 hours ago, SpecTP said:

Endlesspens had this for a lot less.

No doubt. Thus the emphasis on it being from an Australian stockist, probably able to be delivered by Christmas if ordered yesterday or even today (but I'd suggest contacting Milligram to confirm whether that's possible, if it is a requirement or key concern) via domestic services, and wanting to “buy local” (which is not really a thing for me, unless it's a case of “all else being equal”).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:50 PM, A Smug Dill said:

Milligram Outlet in Australia has just put up 11(?) units of the LAMY 2000 55th Anniversary Limited Edition gift set for A$560 each, with a $8.80 Australia-wide delivery charge per order that is not waived. That's effectively US$400 (excluding delivery charge) each. For Australians looking to get one quickly and/or “buy local”, that's not half bad for a retail offer, if a brown LAMY 2000 is what they're after.

I managed to pick up this pen from the Peters of Kensington Australian ebay store for A$479  in November.

As a Ebay plus member , I waited for the Ebay plus 20% off during the Black Friday sale. (It was 25% off if you used Afterpay).

They have 6 left  as of this posting for A$599.

So if you are prepared to wait for the next ebay plus sale and they do not sell out, this is another option.

40 minutes ago, elkoko_pen said:

So if you are prepared to wait for the next ebay plus sale and they do not sell out, this is another option.

Excellent piece of market intelligence. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Milligram Outlet is now running a 3-for-2 promotion, with the cheapest of three items being free. Obviously, one has to buy three equally priced items at once to get the maximum advantage out of the offer. So, if you're crazy enough:

large.746552214_MilligramOutlet3-for-2offerappliedtoLamy2000BrownLE.jpg.f3f80c14064ccf1094f2f482a3e6658b.jpg

large.500304196_ThreeLamy2000brownLEsetsforAUD1128.80delivered.png.f64fd371043200af47796ad96da5d751.png

That's approximately US$272 per unit, at today's exchange rate.

And they still charge shipping on top!

That was just an exercise out of interest not really ordering three of the LE pens. ;)

Will work for pens... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, I just discovered I missed the boat on picking up three of these for A$708.80 delivered:

319930573_Lamy2000BrownLEgiftsetsoldoutatAUD350.jpg.685e232996d200f56a959a84828dd8c2.jpg

Not that I would want one for myself, when even the EF nib on the Lamy 2000 is nowhere near fine enough for my tastes, but the gift sets for less than $240 apiece would be good to get as presents for others. (The 3-for-2 offer could have been applied to the discounted $350 unit price.)

Never mind that I already have half a dozen gold-nibbed fountain pens I “can't” give away because nobody in my social circles (other than my wife) would really appreciate them.