Inks that are easily cleaned from TWSBI demonstrator pens

InkyColors

Forgive me if this has already been done, but I thought it would be nice to have a list of inks that clean easily from TWSBI pens.  I know that not everyone is bothered by staining, but for those of us who want to keep our pens unstained it would be nice to hear which inks others have used with success.  I'll start by listing inks that I've used that rinsed out with no trouble.

J. Herbin Poussière de Lune

Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa

Diamine Asa Blue

Diamine Eau de Nil

Diamine Macassar

Diamine Red Dragon

Montblanc Corn Poppy Red

Pelikan 4001 Turquoise

Pilot Iroshizuku Yu-yake

De Atramentis Jane Austen

Diamine Amazing Amethyst

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InkyColors

• amberleadavis

• inkstainedruth

• Noihvo

As I understand it, TWSBI uses different types of plastics in its clear demonstrators (acrylic vs polycarbonate), so an ink that does not stain an ECO, for instance, may still possibly stain a 580.  It might be good to note the actual pen in use.

I've safely used both Waterman Red and Sheaffer Skrip Red in my ECOs for months on end, with easy cleanup afterwards.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  ErrantSmudge, that's interesting about the two types of plastic.  I have both pens and will watch for differences in how they react to ink.

Slightly off-topic but related....

I just got a TWSBI Vac 700R and went to flush it out for the first time on Thursday, after it came in the mail.  And, for the life of me, it's been draining now (Saturday evening around dinner time) for something like 50+ hours into paper toweling and there are STILL droplets of water at the bottom of the ink chamber, near the section.  And short of removing the nib and feed (which I shouldn't have to do on a brand new pen, right?) to swab out the chamber directly, or building a salad-spinner centrifuge, I can't figure out how to get the droplets out (the interior of the ink chamber appears to flare out slightly at the bottom, and moving the plunger up and down doesn't seem to squeegee the droplets away towards the feed).  And I don't know whether that little bit of water is going to affect the color or flow of any ink I put into the pen.  

I had already kinda written off their piston fillers because the piston head does not extend all the way to the back of the feed (and you can get air bubbles in the ink chamber when it gets low).  I've had that issue with the 580-AL and 580-ALR, and have been told that that happens with the the smaller Ecos and Eco-T pens as well.  And was hoping I'd have better luck with their Vac fillers (especially after having paid MORE for the "Iris", which is just such a pretty pen...).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  It's a fill system I hadn't really used before, except on an old Sheaffer Touchdown (I've never used the really old Sheaffer models that are this design).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have been able to get all ink stains out of my demonstrators even the evol ink, BSB. Here are some threads to look at.

Stain Removal

Operation Exterminate Bsb Stains

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/303281-operation-exterminate-bsb-stains/

Informal Review - Noodler's - American Eel - Rattler Red

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/258169-informal-review-noodlers-american-eel-rattler-red/

What's Your Cleaner Ink?

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/297645-whats-your-cleaner-ink/

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY