Review of ranga splendour

Harish N V

Please , could Anyone say where i can buy a guider super zimbo in blue ebonite ? It seems that Mr Lakshama from guider pens is making  it only in the zimbo type ( which is smaller ).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• K Singh

• Harish N V

• sansenri

• Carlos barros

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi. From what I heard from Mr lakshman Rao the machine that makes the super zimbo is not working. So they are making only zimbo from a more regular lathe. 

5 hours ago, Carlos barros said:

Please , could Anyone say where i can buy a guider super zimbo in blue ebonite ? It seems that Mr Lakshama from guider pens is making  it only in the zimbo type ( which is smaller ).

From what I have learnt from others, the Indian ebonite rods can only go about 20mm in diameter. So after polishing and all the max width of a pen will be around 19mm or less. The super Zimbo is a girthier pen than that and is only available in white acrylic from what I know. 

If you really want, you can perhaps send them a Nikko ebonite rod, which is available in even bigger diameter sizes, and get a custom Zimbo made from it. Otherwise I don't think it's possible to get a super Zimbo in ebonite.

Mrs Harish N V and K Singh , could you please confirm if the section  diameter  of the super zimbo goes  from 16 mm to 18 mm  and the section diameter of the zimbo goes from 14 mm to 16 mm ? ( in Hari s post , he only says that super zimbo has 18 mm and zimbo 16 mm ) . Thanks . 

Hi. Iam afraid I don't have the instruments to measure. It might be in my school. Will check and get back in some time

13 hours ago, Carlos barros said:

Mrs Harish N V and K Singh , could you please confirm if the section  diameter  of the super zimbo goes  from 16 mm to 18 mm  and the section diameter of the zimbo goes from 14 mm to 16 mm ? ( in Hari s post , he only says that super zimbo has 18 mm and zimbo 16 mm ) . Thanks . 

Being handmade pens, there can be some variations. My Zimbo section goes from 12mm to 14mm only, and the barrel is 15mm at the thickest part. They usually have several zimbos ready in stock. When they show you the pics, try to pick the girthiest one from the lot.

I don't have a super Zimbo. I feel it's too girthy for me based on the pics I've seen online, so I never went for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Harish and K Singh , could you ask Mr Rao from Guider pens if he could make a customized pen as if it was for you ?  When  i said that im in Brazil , he said that i have to buy it from USA( fountain pen revolution ) and there doesnt have pen i want .

On 7/3/2022 at 7:10 AM, Carlos barros said:

Hi Harish and K Singh , could you ask Mr Rao from Guider pens if he could make a customized pen as if it was for you ?  When  i said that im in Brazil , he said that i have to buy it from USA( fountain pen revolution ) and there doesnt have pen i want 

What customisations are you talking about? Please tell in detail.

Many sellers are often unwilling to make a single custom pen, and prefer to do so only for big orders/group buys. 

Thanks you both ! I have big hands . So im looking for  an oversize zimbo dark blue ebonite with 19 cm capped with  section diameter from 15 mm to 16,5 mm with jowo  #6 medium nib and without clip  . 

20220701_161639.jpg

54 minutes ago, Carlos barros said:

Thanks you both ! I have big hands . So im looking for  an oversize zimbo dark blue ebonite with 19 cm capped with  section diameter from 15 mm to 16,5 mm with jowo  #6 medium nib and without clip  . 

20220701_161639.jpg

I have a similar sized guider pen which was custom ordered by a friend. He told me he had to order 4-5 pens for his custom order as they were reluctant to make a single pen. So honestly I don't think they will make only one pen today. Let's see what response Harish receives from them.

Also they only offer Schmidt nib or their guider stock nib by default, though they can make the pen with Jowo nib if you send the Jowo nib unit to them.

Here's a pic of my guider pen which measures about 18cm capped.

large.1745658044_IMG_20211231_1111003382.jpg.55a819aa92a315b8768f56296a3a5136.jpg

Wowwww !!!That is exactly what im looking for  . When i spoke to Mr Rao  , he said that it could have a jowo #6 medium nib . K Singh. Could you please ask him if Hello can make it ? 🙏🙏🙏

On 7/4/2022 at 9:08 PM, Carlos barros said:

Wowwww !!!That is exactly what im looking for  . When i spoke to Mr Rao  , he said that it could have a jowo #6 medium nib . K Singh. Could you please ask him if Hello can make it ? 🙏🙏🙏

Hi, I asked them today about the custom pen and also shared my pen pic, but they said they can't make the pen. 

No, the Maharaja is a smaller pen. Here is a comparison between them

large.IMG_20220706_093914383.jpg.e33a2156644b24398fac4971e8cd38ae.jpg

large.IMG_20220706_093618806.jpg.edd81e1abf0258036c7a2d7b8776009d.jpg

May I offer a suggestion? It's hard to get one custom pen made from most of the Indian sellers. Lotus pens is the only one I know of who accept orders for even one pen. Their pens are costlier but they are made with Nikko ebonites and are totally worth it in my opinion. I myself have never ordered a custom pen from them but have heard good things about them. Give them a try 👍