Monthly Ink Quartett

InesF

1 hour ago, InesF said:

150973064_202209FarbenBild.thumb.jpeg.a9deb295d8030cf134415b2edfaac59e.jpeg

Wow!  That's gorgeous.  Fit for framing, even before the text is added.

1 hour ago, InesF said:

This is the twelfth installation of the Monthly Ink Quartett and it is the last.

:(  (But understandable - lots of work, I'm sure!)

Thank you for sharing these combinations - they really were a visual pleasure over the past year.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InesF

• LizEF

• amberleadavis

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your effort in sharing these posts.

Something I looked forward to and was never disappointed.

16 hours ago, txomsy said:

Thanks @InesF for such a wonderful series of posts. I have enjoyed them very much.

You are welcome! Thank you!

One life!

15 hours ago, Frank C said:

I'm sorry to see this series end. I enjoyed seeing the various inks and their pens. I guess that I can just back to check the old posts each month again. After one year, I probably will have forgotten the combinations. 😁

From time to time, I run across one of my old posts from years past. Sometimes I am amazed at how clever I was. 😉

Thank you! You are welcome!

Oh yes, as the Quartett series covers 12 month, there is plenty of time to forget details of the past.

And the same for the own work - you have my full empathy. ;) 

One life!

16 hours ago, LizEF said:

Thank you for sharing these combinations - they really were a visual pleasure over the past year.

Thank you @LizEF - always a pleasure to be motivated by you!

Indeed, all good things must come to an end ...

... but other things may start ...

(I'm working on a follow-up, not ready yet, may come a bit later. 😊)

One life!

9 hours ago, Norfolk said:

Thanks for your effort in sharing these posts.

Something I looked forward to and was never disappointed.

WOW! Thank you @Norfolk, you are highly welcome!

The pleasure is all mine.

One life!

Sorry these are coming to an end.  One of the benefits was to see what inks worked well in combination with each other (especially inks I would never have bought for myself, like Ina-ho).  Makes me think in a way of my freshman Color and Design class, when one assignment was to come up with a design using colors you HATED (we were using Color-aid paper).  And dang -- when I got done?  The colors I chose (dark reds and murky greens) worked together and I stopped absolutely despising them!  Which I suspect was the point of the assignment.

Of course, now I really want a bottle of 4001 Blue-Black and don't know anyplace in the US I can get it from.... :headsmack:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

57 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Sorry these are coming to an end.  One of the benefits was to see what inks worked well in combination with each other (especially inks I would never have bought for myself, like Ina-ho).  Makes me think in a way of my freshman Color and Design class, when one assignment was to come up with a design using colors you HATED (we were using Color-aid paper).  And dang -- when I got done?  The colors I chose (dark reds and murky greens) worked together and I stopped absolutely despising them!  Which I suspect was the point of the assignment.

Of course, now I really want a bottle of 4001 Blue-Black and don't know anyplace in the US I can get it from.... :headsmack:

Thank you @inkstainedruth, you are highly welcome!

Although not the initial intention, good things happened when my own rules forced me to use inks and pens that didn't appeal at first: I discovered new combinations (February and May were total surprises to me).

I never thought ina-ho or KWZ Honey or even any muted non-brightly coloured ink can be for me. Oh, oh, was I wrong!

As written above, one thing ends, another one will start (in this case not seamlessly :( )

One life!

5 hours ago, InesF said:

(I'm working on a follow-up, not ready yet, may come a bit later. 😊)

:D Ah, so we have a cliffhanger! ;) Looking forward to next season's first episode.

9 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Try Cultpens in the UK. They ship to the US, prices in USD$, have a great selection, and good prices on most things. They even charge your state's sales tax—not a positive in my opinion. 

https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/PK06966/pelikan-4001-fountain-pen-ink-625ml-bottle 

Good luck. I like all ink, just some more than others. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Thanks. 

A few years ago I saw some eBay vendors who had it, but I was told they were prohibited from shipping 4001 Blue-Black to the US.  

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

1 hour ago, inkstainedruth said:

Thanks. 

A few years ago I saw some eBay vendors who had it, but I was told they were prohibited from shipping 4001 Blue-Black to the US.  

I have purchased it from Cultpens on several occasions. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Good to know.  I looked at their website last night.  Of course now I'd have to decide what ELSE I want to buy from them this time.... :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for this lovely series InesF! This evening I went through all of the thread; the combination of the complimentary ink tones with your art work, deep care and craft delight me. 

On 9/11/2022 at 3:31 AM, cellopen said:

Thank you so much for this lovely series InesF! This evening I went through all of the thread; the combination of the complimentary ink tones with your art work, deep care and craft delight me. 

Thank you @cellopen, you are highly welcome!

One life!

On 9/8/2022 at 6:21 PM, LizEF said:

:D Ah, so we have a cliffhanger! ;) Looking forward to next season's first episode.

Got me! 😊

One life!