Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Monthly Ink Quartett

InesF

Years back, when writing had been as simple as owning one fountain pen and one bottle of ink: buying one new when the current fountain pen breaks and buying one new bottle of ink, when the current is empty.

Good old times!

This period is over.

Exilation during the early pandemic taught me: there can be more than one pen; there can be more than one ink.

Ouch!

And here we are: 28 fountain pens, 65 inks.

What to do with them all? Bored at home, strange ideas come to mind: what if I select inks for colour sets of three or four that chime together and, as a whole, can be a theme that fits the season?

More boredom, even more strange ideas: what if I write each of those colours with another type of nib and use different handwriting styles - or, at least, try to do so?

And here we are now: using four inks in four different fountain pens with four different nib types and (almost) four different writing styles:

378163828_2021_Novinkquartettwriting.thumb.jpeg.291c0e34fbfdf3d45fa5515c14117da9.jpeg

The fountain pens and inks of November 2021 are (l.t.r): Montblanc Egyptomania EF - deAtramentis Sherlock Holmes; Pelikan M400 Tortoise 0.8mm stub - InesF Late Autumn (P4001 Red + P4001 Brown); Cross Botanica F - Pelikan 4001 Dark Green; Montblanc Solitär flex - Pilot Isohizuku Yama-Budo.

I use these four pens and inks during all days of the month.

There are also ink swabs:

1413609935_2021Oct_Novinkquartett.thumb.jpeg.086efa1b32e963df64cf5afd3b421fca.jpeg

I did the first swab for October 2021 (right side) - it is a bit boring, sorry!

The second is for November 2021 representing a first attempt to make swabs in different shapes. Here I made a rough drawing with R&K Sketchink Lilly that I filled with ink on wet paper and accentuated with more lines of the same inks drawn with the fountain pens. I was heavily inspired by the colour of the oak tree foliage in front of my window and selected the other three around my new Late Autumn mix.

Both swabs are on 300 g/m2 watercolour paper.

Please feel free to add you colour sets of three or four (or more) - I'm looking forward!

One life!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• InesF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:)  Love your creative use of inks.  Congratulations on discovering color. ;)  Welcome to the hobby side of FP ownership.

Meanwhile, although I can't read what's written in the letter, I can tell that's some seriously gorgeous handwriting!  I envy Europeans who were forced to learn such good handwriting as children.  I can't seem to make myself practice enough to make my own look good. :(

On 11/20/2021 at 3:54 PM, LizEF said:

:)  Love your creative use of inks.

Thank you, @LizEF, always a pleasure!

Congratulations on discovering color. ;)

Haha! I'm lovin' it! 😂

Meanwhile, although I can't read what's written in the letter, I can tell that's some seriously gorgeous handwriting!  I envy Europeans who were forced to learn such good handwriting as children.  I can't seem to make myself practice enough to make my own look good. :(

Thank you for the compliment! Slightly out of focus, it always looks a bit better.... ☺️

To be honest, I loved to write with a fountain pen since early primary school. There had been others who hated it. Who will stay and who will go away from fountain pens is not pre-determined. Especially since begin of the pandemic, I see more people coming back to fountain pens and starting loving it again. And there are all types of handwriting being seen, the hasty and the careful (expressive) and all (50) shades in between. None is better, none is worse.

One life!

4 hours ago, InesF said:

To be honest, I loved to write with a fountain pen since early primary school. There had been others who hated it. Who will stay and who will go away from fountain pens is not pre-determined. Especially since begin of the pandemic, I see more people coming back to fountain pens and starting loving it again. And there are all types of handwriting being seen, the hasty and the careful (expressive) and all (50) shades in between. None is better, none is worse.

:) Pretty sure I was older than primary school before I even knew what a fountain pen was...  Perhaps this is one of those "different is pretty" things - people have complimented me on my handwriting, and my reaction is always to think they must need glasses... :lol:  But you're right - the more, the merrier!  Bring on the handwriting!