Majohn A1 (a capless clone)

VillersCotterets

Etsy is now selling the A1 in black. Link here

(as usual no relation to seller, etc...)

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J120

• A Smug Dill

• Karmachanic

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, VillersCotterets said:

Странная модель без клипсы, обнаруженная среди других рекламных фотографий. Является ли это прототипом, который никогда не будет выпущен? Будущий релиз? Копия с другого компаньона?

неизвестно model.jpg

This version has not yet appeared in Chinese reviews, but it is expected.

Screenshot_27.png.541cb2a44f467b20f15d5ed4550778b3.png

43 minutes ago, OCArt said:

Etsy is now selling the A1 in black. Link here

(as usual no relation to seller, etc...)

Let's summarize with Majohn A1.
Sales on Aliexpress.
This is not advertising, just information.
On 25.11. Prices+delivery paid/free.
1) Pens Supplier Store black $27.49- in the Aliexpress mobile app if you subscribe to the store - a discount and a discount on coins when paying.
As a result, $26.94.
2) Pension World Store $24.79+shipping $4.79;
3) mujinxuan Store $40.00 - 45.00 black, black chrome- without box/box.
There are no reds, whites, etc. yet.

Tres Groovy!  Besides using it as is, it's an inexpensive way to get an EF nib unit for my VP, as well as an eyedropper  cartridge 😁If I'm really lucky it will exhibit brassing, which the current VP finish is reticent to do.

Add lightness and simplicate.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:18 PM, VillersCotterets said:

Weird clipless model discovered among other promotional photographs. Is it a prototype never to be released? A future release? A copy from another compagny? 

unknown model.jpg

Sales of this model without a clip began today in 2 stores on Aliexpress and Etsy

1 hour ago, werter1245 said:

Sales of this model without a clip began today in 2 stores on Aliexpress and Etsy

It's a real model, 2 on order from Taobao, plus they are making it in the other 9 colors. Red is the only model they semi had available in the promotional release. 

SmartSelect_20211129-072522.jpg

SmartSelect_20211129-072443.jpg

There used to be (still are?) people who had micro-businesses removing the clips from VPs, so there is at least some desire for clipless versions.

Incredible. This is the $23.39 ink box option from Taobao. Cartridge box has 4 spare empty cartridges, a converter, and a SmartSelect_20211203-073833.thumb.jpg.abfd7b2589834198a94314e29bb79203.jpgeyedropper.  20ml bottle of Majohn Polar Night Black and of course the capless with the nib unit which has the same empty cartridge. All that for basically $24. I can assure the guys and gals who made this make significantly more than the moralist and fan boys will speculate about, yet somehow we cannot get a replacement nib unit for our VPs for less than $75 anywhere but Amazon. 

Edited by J120

This is a surprise devleopment... I have a faceted Vanishing Point and don't particularly care for the form factor, but hopefully this means it's just a matter of time before an M90 inspired model appears!

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

That is an impressive set for $24 imo.

Although I think that the one from Aliexpress would not have the same packaging based on the description from the seller.

Have you had your initial impressions about the pen?

Those pictures are from reviewers on Taobao and Bilibili (Chinese Youtube). I keep uploading the pics from the flaship store and the reviews on Bilibili because those are what I used to inform my pen purchase. The reviewers in China are great for informing us when something is off because they overwhelmingly told us the Lanbitou 3088 was a toy at best but mostly unusable. There have been nothing but glowing reviews of this pen. 

I have 8 on order, tentatively scheduled to arrive on the 20-24th despite an outbreak that delayed the plane last week. I will upload as soon as I get them. Also worth noting there are 9 colorways in both models. Pearl White, Pearl Blue, Pearl Green, Lattern Yellow (tan), Bean Red, Cloud White, Piano Black, and the two matte black versions. The only thing available to us on AliExpress, Ebay, and Etsy as of now are the matte black versions. 

As soon as both sets arrive I will immediately upload. 

Screenshot_51.png.32f843646add149efc06e3a5bd980df2.png

While waiting for the ordered fountain pens, it remains only to look at other people's photos and joke about Moonman-Majohn

39 minutes ago, werter1245 said:

Screenshot_51.png.32f843646add149efc06e3a5bd980df2.png

Didn't see this earlier...

Pretty nice! 🙂 Not just copying, but improving (the accessoires, but still).

Tho I want to mention that it is already possible to re-seal Pilot cartridges - by carefully pushing the little disk back into her horizontal place.

But this looks a lot easier.

Wish Moonman did that more often. 

Also: Do you think these plugs will be sold separately? Would be useful to have more than one.

The cartridges are exciting but knowing Moonman/Majohn or the other big makers record, the fact that that nib unit fits into our Pilot VPs means at some point we should be able to just buy the nib units. Think the Lanbitou 3088 nib unit accessories but on a usable pen.  Complete game changer if they go the way of PenBBS and provide some expanded nib options outside EF, F, WFM

Edited by J120