钨主量 钌次量 镍粘合剂

Sailor “长刀研”新款铱粒(年份代码18C)

钨主量 钌次量 镍粘合剂

Sailor 14K 铱粒(年份代码20E)

钨主量 钌次量 镍粘合剂

P5和E3型号的铱粒暂时不能从金属成分区分

目前铱粒最普遍采用的是钨钌镍合金,这种配方铱粒目前来看普遍反应耐磨中等,起码是堪用水平,不同工厂生产的性能略有差异。

世界绝大多数钢笔厂基本都是采用或采购这个配方的铱粒。

目前来看,含铱锇或铱锇铱粒已经基本停用,除德国贺利氏保留了AM生产线外,近产已知仅有Pilot(2017年产95S)采用铱锇铱粒且不确定现在是否仍在生产(2019年产Pilot 74为钌钨钴铱粒)。

书写手感问题,应该以铱粒打磨抛光和铱粒表面砂眼为主要影响因素,铱粒磨耗后则以铱粒砂眼为主。如贺利氏铱粒、Pilot铱粒表面砂眼较少,故万宝龙和Pilot等书写普遍顺滑,白金、Sailor砂眼最多,书写阻力比较大。

耐磨在此不做主要讨论,但可以确定成分和耐磨并非有必然联系。例如P5、E3铱粒成分基本相同,但P5硬度更高。

Montblanc 145 Heraeus AM Iridium:

Main amount of tungsten, minor amount of ruthenium, minor amount of rhenium, osmium additive, cobalt binder.

Montblanc 146 14C Heraeus A1C iridium grains or Heraeus "Hella II" iridium grains in the 70s:

Major iridium, minor osmium, minor ruthenium, cobalt binder, platinum binder.

Pilot Elite 95S iridium particles (year code 417):

Osmium main content, iridium minor content, ruthenium additive (or binder), rhodium additive (or binder), platinum binder.

Made in China 14K nib Heraeus E3 iridium:

Main amount of tungsten, minor amount of ruthenium, nickel binder.

Pilot 14K iridium particles (year code H1179):

Osmium main content, iridium minor content, ruthenium binder.

Pelikan M400:

Heraeus P5/E3 Iridium Granules

Platinum 3776 iridium grains (year code 115):

Platinum President Iridium:

Rhodium detected should be contamination of the coating

Platinum CURIDAS iridium particles:

Reprint Parker 51 18k

(Year code Q.III):

Heraeus P5/E3 Iridium Granules

Montblanc 254 14C Iridium grains (check the information, it should be developed during the Nazi Germany period):

Main amount of rhenium, minor amount of ruthenium, minor amount of cobalt (or binder), rhodium additive (or binder), tungsten additive (or binder).

Aluminum is detected, it is suspected to be metal salt for sintering or contamination

Iron detected should be pollution

Sailor "长刀研" old iridium grain (year code 308):

Sailor "长刀研" new iridium particles (year code 18C):

Sailor 14K iridium grains (year code 20E):

The iridium particles of P5 and E3 models cannot be distinguished from the metal composition for the time being

At present, the most commonly used iridium particles are tungsten-ruthenium-nickel alloys. At present, iridium particles of this formula generally have moderate wear resistance, at least at a usable level, and the performance of different factories is slightly different.

Most fountain pen factories in the world basically adopt or purchase iridium granules with this formula.

At present, iridium-osmium or iridium-osmium-containing iridium particles have been basically out of service. Except for Heraeus in Germany, which retains the AM production line, only Pilot (95S produced in 2017) is known to use iridium-osmium iridium particles and it is not certain now. Whether it is still in production (Pilot 74 produced in 2019 is ruthenium tungsten cobalt iridium granules).

When writing hand feeling, the main influencing factors should be the grinding and polishing of iridium grains and the sand holes on the surface of the iridium grains. After the iridium grains are worn out, the sand holes of the iridium grains should be the main factors. For example, Heraeus iridium grains and Pilot iridium grains have fewer blisters on the surface, so Montblanc and Pilot generally write smoothly, while platinum and Sailor have the most blisters, and the writing resistance is relatively large.

Wear resistance is not discussed here, but it can be determined that the composition and wear resistance are not necessarily related. For example, the composition of P5 and E3 iridium particles is basically the same, but the hardness of P5 is higher.

① Heraeus E3

② Pilot Elite 95S (OS)

③ Heraeus AM

④ Heraeus P5

⑤ Platinum 3776#

⑥ Sailor 14k

16c422bf0831e013adce4f0d7718c0f4.jpg

dde85ee94dedcb192a91dbc42c506a4a(1).jpg

d3aa43198a42f4f1c2335a30077f893b.jpg

1f3149c94e6f6a96bd042ff0c9e40066(1).jpg

da658fbe6f49900311bca8138465f067.jpg

2a88965521a355a5914264f261ef7e6d.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yao SongYi

• hari317

• Bo Bo Olson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correct it. The last photo of Heraeus P5 was actually taken from Pelikan. I can’t really be sure that he is a P5, but I have a general understanding through reasoning.

Thank you, it is interesting how many compounds were considered good for tipping still.

There is a thread somewhere on the com with '20-30's American companies compounds.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.