Majohn T5

VillersCotterets

I received my new T5 in green this morning.

Following the quality issues reported here, I must admit that I had my concerns with this purchase, so I could not wait more, dipped it in green Waterman ink and gave it a try (I currently have another pen in use and do not like to have more than one inked at the same time).

My first impressions with the pen are quite positive: It feels good and comfortable in the hand, the F nib writes quite smoothly and securely (it reminds me of some Penbbs #6 F  I own in various models), and transmits an overall feeling of very good quality for the price.

I was also worried about the nib unit being difficult/impossible to take out from the body for thorough cleaning after use, but I could take nib and collector out from the section with just a firm pull (very much like several other pen models not having the screw in nib units) so this is also reassuring.

The piston moves smoothly up and down and stops just at the upper edge of the ink window as also reported here, which is not an issue for me, at least until I really fill the pen and see the consequences that has in terms of ink that effectively gets loaded in the operation.

In summary, I feel sorry for others which have been less lucky than me, but I have very positive first impressions from this Majohn/Moonman.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• sansenri

• Mech-for-i

• Licue

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/1/2021 at 1:37 AM, A Smug Dill said:

even if that pen is simply defective and does not reflect on its kin, I won't be recommending the pen model to my friends,

Another one bites the dust…

large.1150271114_BrokenMajohnT5pistonunits.jpg.3a93d100313e545c9b8a3142f6a83c47.jpg

(The top half of the the broken piston unit body from the purple T5 was stuck inside the piston knob after it broke, just like the one from the green T5. I unscrewed it with the help of a pair of pliers, for the purpose of closer inspection and photographing.)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

That's exactly how mine broke after 3-4 fills. It's a real bummer because the rest of the pen I really like, but there's no way I'm replacing it.

I had a similar experience with my Majohn T1. The piston knob threads got damaged after disassembly and I now use ot as an eyedropper.