Cult Pens Fresh Fruit Fountain Pen Inks by Diamine

theleftypenman

Hello again,

Back with another showcase for some new inks for Cult Pens by Diamine. I loved the Cult Pens Deep Dark series and iridescence series so was definitely going to get the new vivid range of colors in the Fresh Fruit series. I understand that swabs are not good enough to show real use writing (which I can add on later if people are looking forward to it). I would use these a lot more in Pilot Parallel and experiment with mixes and shading, etc where light and vibrant colors work well when complimented with darker shades. Overall most of these are on the dry side in writing but the colors are wonderful. Blueberry, Damson and Watermelon should also work perfectly fine for normal writing with F, M nibs, Lemon and Strawberry are a definite NO for finer nibs and Guava and Banana hang somewhere in-between, may work may not.

Not much to add for now so here is the swabby showcase down below.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theleftypenman

• Aysedasi

• mizgeorge

• Matthew TWP

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonderful photographs - thank you!

When I first saw them on the Cult Pens website I thought, 'Oh, look - birthday cake icing colors!', so it is satisfying to see the sugar sprinkles in your last photo! :thumbup:

Question: now that I understand that fruits experience emotion, are they limited to those that are able to be alliterated with their name? :huh:

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

Beautiful photos, and some really fun colors. I love all the design work that you put into these pictures 🙂 As colors, they look like watercolor washes... pretty, but probably not practical for everyday use. That's probably true of most of my inks, now that I think about it.

I'm really enjoying these - and I'm using several of them for writing with, but my needs aren't exactly the same as many others, and I'm happy with pale colours. The Blueberry and Watermelon are particularly nice (and very legible, but Damson, Banana and Guava are also very usable. 

And these are much nicer pictures than I'd have taken! - thank you @oldfashioned-aj

16 hours ago, LizEF said:

:) Thanks for the visual treat!

My pleasure 😇

11 hours ago, Aysedasi said:

None of those inks are really for me, but I love the photos!  :)

I agree, not the everyday writing type of inks, though there are 2-3 that can work. Might be of interest to people who journal to add a splash of color or as highlighter. For me these might make a few good runs through pilot parallels as a supporting color to something more saturated.

15 hours ago, PithyProlix said:

Wonderful photographs - thank you!

When I first saw them on the Cult Pens website I thought, 'Oh, look - birthday cake icing colors!', so it is satisfying to see the sugar sprinkles in your last photo! :thumbup:

Question: now that I understand that fruits experience emotion, are they limited to those that are able to be alliterated with their name? :huh:

😆 i was almost done with the photographs and then i saw the jar of sprinkles, so did a few again. That's why only the last image has them. Actually a perfect match of color tones. I have a lot of dark colors and when in need of something light, water is my friend. But I don't usually write with ef, f, m sort of nibs so water mix is alright for the purpose.

For their naming thing and fruit experience, I guess cult pens can answer that better.

14 hours ago, namrehsnoom said:

Thanks for this great review… That blueberry and watermelon look quite nice!  Great photography … shows the festive nature of these colours really well.

I am not that good with actual review reviews (like i cannot say a lot about dry times, water resistance, behavior on different papers, etc as I usually do the writing/swatch stuff with whatever I am using at that moment) but people have always appreciate my presentation (being a designer & photographer helps 😉). I am just happy to share that visuals and its a fun thing for me to do.

12 hours ago, Matthew TWP said:

Beautiful photos, and some really fun colors. I love all the design work that you put into these pictures 🙂 As colors, they look like watercolor washes... pretty, but probably not practical for everyday use. That's probably true of most of my inks, now that I think about it.

Oh i recall you profile pic. I think you recently followed me on IG. I shall follow you back. You do have lovely photography and presentation. I love it when the pictures are taken in good light instead of a table lamp light at night 😬

These inks do look watercolor-ish but I can fit them into my work (calligraphy and lot of mix n match thing i do), but for sure not very useful as an everyday writing fluid.

10 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

I'm really enjoying these - and I'm using several of them for writing with, but my needs aren't exactly the same as many others, and I'm happy with pale colours. The Blueberry and Watermelon are particularly nice (and very legible, but Damson, Banana and Guava are also very usable. 

And these are much nicer pictures than I'd have taken! - thank you @oldfashioned-aj

Lot of people do love to write with pale / pastel colors, like some sailor ink studio stuff and kyo no oto inks plus many more. But for the sake of eye sanity i would use something dark for regular writing, for art we can go as crazy as we want it to be. I think I will do a followup to it with writing samples with a few nibs. Blueberry is pretty close to troublemaker milky ocean & sailor manyo nekoyanagi, even the ink separation is similar (violet+blue) but the other two are a lot more vivid than the blueberry.

10 hours ago, yazeh said:

Lvely presentation. Are you sure you're not affiliated with cult pens? ;) :D

Pretty sure not affiliated with cult pens or diamine 😜. Just happy with the price and service so all of my diamine, lamy, pelikan, kaweco stuff always comes from there. Also great experience with goulet pens, pen chalet, vanness, jetpens.  I have been approached by some pen stores but my location is restricting as everything has to be international shipping and I am not willing to ship back some of the things that they may need to be sent back (like expensive pens, lol) so things haven't worked out. Better to be a free agent.

So, Diamine's jumping on the "soft" (pale and washed-out) colors bandwagon, he said snarkily.

Nice photos, though. :thumbup:

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.