Identifying a MB

eerestis

Dear pen users,

I'm trying to identify the below Montblanc pen. Any information (model, age, value etc.) are very much appreciated. The very end of the barrell reads 2J and the nib also sports a letter J. The pen is not in my possession, but I can ask for further details such as size etc. My understanding is that the pen is like 13-15 cm long and not very thick. The pen is likely completely ebonite. I'm unsure what the filling mechanism is. It is definitely not a piston filler or a lever filler, but a mechanism is pulled out ot the end of the pen if my memory is right. Any thoughts? Thanks.01.thumb.jpg.ab83e63fabdb62ef6695a7d78eee2612.jpg

02.thumb.jpg.fe2d833d1b43a0118a6df513ee7387b2.jpg

03.thumb.jpg.2240438e6e72fe7500732ef907976f73.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• como

• NoType

• siamackz

• eerestis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, I dare to say that this is quite rare, the J nib, especially on a vintage Montblanc. It’s the first time I have seen one on MB. I have seen the J nibs on German vintage Discus Bonn pens, but never on a vintage Montblanc. This pen is beautiful, even without the J nib. It’s not a tiny pen either. I would say it won’t be cheap. 

But one curious point: to me, the turning knob looks more like Safety pen style, but the section is not. I would like to see what other members say.

1 hour ago, como said:

Add: It really looks like this: https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com/the-montblanc-compressor

@siamackz I bet siamackz knows it! The above is his wonderful vintage Montblanc site.

como, thank you for reminding us of the Vintage Montblanc Pens site — I think you are correct that siamackz will be able to identify the pen.

19 minutes ago, NoType said:

como, thank you for reminding us of the Vintage Montblanc Pens site — I think you are correct that siamackz will be able to identify the pen.

@NoType: You are welcome. I find siamackz's passion contagious. He travels the world to meet other Montblanc aficionados and brings the most unusual vintage Montblanc pens. I will never be able to own most of the pens in his collection, but I really learned a lot and enjoyed looking at his amazing site.

49 minutes ago, como said:

@NoType: You are welcome. I find siamackz's passion contagious. He travels the world to meet other Montblanc aficionados and brings the most unusual vintage Montblanc pens. I will never be able to own most of the pens in his collection, but I really learned a lot and enjoyed looking at his amazing site.

como, and in these days, passion like siamackz’s is a contagious agent that is most welcome!  His site, the result of much effort and dedication, is a public service for the vintage Montblanc enthusiast and the noncognoscenti like myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, sorry for my late reply :(

First of all, thank you @comoand @NoType for your very generous compliments and encouragement!

About the pen, yes it does look like a pneumatic filler to me - https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com/the-montblanc-compressor

And the nib is a lovely J nib, like as covered in this article - https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com/octagonal-no-4j

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link