Jump to content
Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Recommended Posts

Guider pen works of Rajahmundry India are well known handmade pen makers. These push cap pens are probably the only fully ebonite push cap pens offered by anyone else in the market today. No clutch, nothing. And the caps are quite snug capped or posted. I opted for the eyedroper model. C/C versions are also available.

 

ZIMBO PUSH CAP:

Zimbo is the Guider word for Jumbo and they really mean it. 

 

large.D7C61C97-85FA-4254-8336-018755153124.jpeg.18d3b1efe17e54911625c4f8f8b7f697.jpeg
 

large.78EBDC60-2816-4017-A60A-08E4ECD1256A.jpeg.21f0012331e71f12e0de92257c521e5a.jpeg

 

large.C01CC67A-D1E2-467D-A1A8-316C8F75FA09.jpeg.a9dbe43ce86afacacc013ef0be68b341.jpeg

 

Surprisingly a Prasad ( another now defunct pen company from Tenali) feeder has been supplied. 
large.83CE293D-7AC4-4AE4-84EA-07D1EB7F8FD2.jpeg.9e51856829ec3e8e9b6205da2b54f7db.jpeg

 

The section ink hole is kept tiny. 

large.D1E836A4-98DA-4C53-AF21-25E43177395B.jpeg.a29e294340a7be8ef9be3fa4f52c839c.jpeg


 

large.820CB44F-FB61-402C-8946-698C3B1F83E9.jpeg.bfab2328b6c293845a136cd7a56e7b07.jpeg


large.C2A407D7-6341-45D9-AB41-B3F355A628DF.jpeg.111600f19c229153c4a355bb2cbfd92d.jpeg

MEDIUM PUSH CAP:

Even though this is medium sized. This pen is as large as an Airmail 71J. 
large.26DFB472-0E92-4593-9601-018CED3899C5.jpeg.f9336a381eeb7d0932bfd4293f4a9f4f.jpeg

large.A6DD1579-76F7-4821-90E1-23A68ACB4CC3.jpeg.c99dd255b7d3cdae5ba1ca174da46687.jpeg

BIJALI clip. 
large.78602318-9DEC-420D-A0A3-EDB2727D2465.jpeg.180ab818291d1c8aca595cfb79e14130.jpegSTAR NO 4 nib. A Guider sub brand of yore. 

large.FB0C5C49-9055-4C53-B9B2-C912631964D1.jpeg.743bf3b09df97af37ed56e6a0d8cccf4.jpeg

 

large.C8FC66E5-89DE-41E9-9986-F67F0BBF2C7D.jpeg.46d1cb518ea53b2d14244b1c352c69e9.jpeg

 

Cheers 

Hari 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • hari317

    6

  • K Singh

    4

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful pens. Love the Zimbo in push-cap.

I too got one guider push-cap recently from someone which too has a prasad feed. I Can't find time these days to post the pics.

I have several other eyedropper guiders too, but the push-cap is the only one with the prasad feed. Wonder why.

 

By the way, the zimbo nib is an Indian no.8 nib right? I probably need to get few kanwrite no.8 nibs to replace some of my faulty guider nibs. Can you please tell what would be an equivalent size in Schmidt/jowo for this guider nib. Thanks.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, K Singh said:

have several other eyedropper guiders too, but the push-cap is the only one with the prasad feed. Wonder why.

I think Guider acquired some Prasad stocks and parts. 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, K Singh said:

By the way, the zimbo nib is an Indian no.8 nib right? I probably need to get few kanwrite no.8 nibs to replace some of my faulty guider nibs. Can you please tell what would be an equivalent size in Schmidt/jowo for this guider nib. Thanks.

That’s right. There is no exact replacement in Schmidt or JoWo. Indian no 8 is 28mm long and sits on 6.35mm dia feed. You can easily replace zimbo nibs with KW no 35 in friction fit mode. Schmidt FH452 nib is approx 32-33mm long and JoWo is 35mm long. You can fit them in friction fit too but you may need to heat set feed to match nib contour. I have already replaced stock guider nibs with KW and sheaffer and Schmidt. Will share 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, hari317 said:

That’s right. There is no exact replacement in Schmidt or JoWo. Indian no 8 is 28mm long and sits on 6.35mm dia feed. You can easily replace zimbo nibs with KW no 35 in friction fit mode. Schmidt FH452 nib is approx 32-33mm long and JoWo is 35mm long. You can fit them in friction fit too but you may need to heat set feed to match nib contour. I have already replaced stock guider nibs with KW and sheaffer and Schmidt. Will share 

Thank you so much for all the info. I always end up learning something new from you. 🙏

 

Actually all my guiders are jumbo sized, so when I fit an international size #6 nib they feel too uncomfortable to write. The guider no.8 sized nib feels like a perfect fit for these pens, that's why I asked about them. Found a variety of no.8 nibs on penhouse.in from kanwrite and few others as well. Will probably go for them. Thanks for confirming it🙏

 

Oh, and I love your pen modifications. While searching for several Indian ebonite pens, I have so often bumped into your older posts and have learned a lot from them. Your older posts on kim pens, deccan pens and others have been very useful. Glad to have a place like FPN where it's so easy to search and find what you are looking for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, K Singh said:

Thank you so much for all the info. I always end up learning something new from you. 🙏

 

Actually all my guiders are jumbo sized, so when I fit an international size #6 nib they feel too uncomfortable to write. The guider no.8 sized nib feels like a perfect fit for these pens, that's why I asked about them. Found a variety of no.8 nibs on penhouse.in from kanwrite and few others as well. Will probably go for them. Thanks for confirming it🙏

 

Oh, and I love your pen modifications. While searching for several Indian ebonite pens, I have so often bumped into your older posts and have learned a lot from them. Your older posts on kim pens, deccan pens and others have been very useful. Glad to have a place like FPN where it's so easy to search and find what you are looking for.

I am glad you have found my posts useful. 🙏🏼  If you like the no 8 nib it’s actually based upon vintage sheaffer nibs. You can find several Sheaffer vintage 14ct nibs that are 28mm long and fit over a 6.35mm feed. A Sheaffer NN nib is same size in fact. But NN nib tips are not particularly wear resistant. 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, hari317 said:

I am glad you have found my posts useful. 🙏🏼  If you like the no 8 nib it’s actually based upon vintage sheaffer nibs. You can find several Sheaffer vintage 14ct nibs that are 28mm long and fit over a 6.35mm feed. A Sheaffer NN nib is same size in fact. But NN nib tips are not particularly wear resistant. 

Thanks for the tip 🙏 . Will keep in mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zimbo push cap with KW nib and Sheaffer Ebonite feed:large.AEAAFCBD-94D8-4E90-8FA0-B7C2274763BA.jpeg.8b3547a10ffd3d0ef35151154165251d.jpeg

 

large.B2410C17-846F-4DC6-9C57-7D9E9A35F869.jpeg.1471ff42b4ca021941472b2cabb4f690.jpeg

 

large.D1AB574A-0957-4EF4-8D3C-557375DB8789.jpeg.b2b5ab384002500713172ed4d4d4ed4f.jpeg

 

large.E70EDD0C-0513-4D8F-9817-88E3AF2C92BE.jpeg.3b748aeb72feeacb1f6fad0b526d6c42.jpeg


Size compared to a 149:

 

large.4281862C-26B9-49A9-82EC-A2B58217FCC0.jpeg.dc651cf8076691bfca338c30562d2871.jpeg

 

large.982869E7-D682-45E6-B185-319281F0DB98.jpeg.1afbc99d4df4546585768205eea6c005.jpeg

 

large.93C0ED8D-0D13-44C3-B253-0E30D0385A08.jpeg.9958025518efe70689a6b7b9ac2a8365.jpeg


Medium Push cap fitted with Schmidt FH341 nib and feed: 

 

large.2BD0C45C-2BA6-4D4A-A407-559037C7D2AE.jpeg.1ef4135c82bdb1a39295cf3b6054f8a4.jpeg

large.16E6BE7B-326E-4CD0-A03A-D6E26BCDBE60.jpeg.9cdc74e20edc4cb0d4adca714dae50bd.jpeg
 

large.90CCAC30-B29E-4A88-914E-171353AB290A.jpeg.8cc3de1f4f15f3df6ac3c0c64a48c290.jpeg
 

Best 

Hari 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, hari317 said:

Zimbo push cap with KW nib and Sheaffer Ebonite feed:

That's a lovely combination. The new nib makes it look so much better than the stock nib 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, K Singh said:

That's a lovely combination. The new nib makes it look so much better than the stock nib 👍

Writes better too. 🙏🏼

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



  • Most Contributions

    1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
      37966
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
      31102
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
      28220
    4. jar
      jar
      26101
    5. wimg
      wimg
      25602
  • Upcoming Events

  • Blog Comments

    • Texas42
      Dang. You are a great friend!   One comment as a relative newcomer would be within the cleaning section: issues/differences in cleaning vacuum filler, piston filler in addition to cartridge/converter. I just cleaned out my Pilot 823 and while it wasn't particularly difficult I was a little paranoid about the drops of water that I could not get out. Perhaps this is something you are already including.   Anyway, great project and very thoughtful of you. I know it's a project fo
    • Splat
      Ah Ruaidhri ya wee heid banger, you do indeed have an Irishman’s way wid dose words now. I’ll be from outer Aberdeenshire up in the blizzard riven braes of the Grampians.  Amateur medicine and surgery is it? Well what noble aspirations you do possess, we need to encourage such noble experimentations.  I pondered on leaving my own battered shell to science, but, until I read your pearls of wisdom and lament, I had comedown on the side of leaving my body to Findus frozen foods.  However, your rema
    • austollie
      Hi Smug Dill,   Nice project.  If it were me, I'd cover stuff like: - nib types available, i.e. styles, materials (SS vs gold), flex vs nails; - filling systems (I love the "thingie" comment) and how once can use them in practice (e.g. fill cartridges with a syringe); - pen body materials and their consequences (pen not balanced of too heavy and big for the hand); - and, whilst you've made it clear that you do not like vintage pens, a discussion of these beyond "I d
    • A Smug Dill
      Thanks for your input! Yes, not putting wood in the list of body materials warranting a mention was an oversight. I love pens with wooden bodies, but my main concern, or chagrin, is that I have not come across a wooden-bodied pen with a wooden cap that seals well. Actually, there is one, but it isn't really wood per se: the Pilot Custom Kaede's maple body is resin impregnated. All other wooden pens I have can dry out while capped and undisturbed; that includes several Platinum #3776 models.
    • amk
      That looks pretty good. You might want to add wood as a material (with its weakness of staining) and mention urushi. And under ergonomic considerations, the size of section (slender pens vs chunky pens), and shape of section, and 'disturbances' such as the Lamy 2000 'ears' and Pilot Capless clip getting in the way might be worth mentioning. Also possibly a general section on things you can do yourself with a bit of care, with a bit of practice, and things that are strictly "don't try this a
  • Chatbox

    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. 13R14N
      13R14N
      (55 years old)
    2. ACX
      ACX
      (65 years old)
    3. Baenlynn
      Baenlynn
      (38 years old)
    4. beardedpens
      beardedpens
      (27 years old)
    5. Behike54
      Behike54





×
×
  • Create New...