Krishna Peacock Blue : New "Urban Series" Pre-Release Review

Matthew TWP

I've been playing with a lot of Krishna Inks recently, and while I was pestering them about one of my orders, they offered to send me a pre-release bottle of ink to review, so of course I accepted. Luckily for me, the bottle is exactly what I like... a really vibrant bright blue. Not to everyone's taste, here, but I love it 🙂

krishna-peacock-blue-bottle-on-blue.thumb.jpg.65afa5204d0d7e6ca2f2736dbf4f4e0b.jpg

The interesting thing about this ink is that the color is dye-based (98%) but also has pigments added (2%). It should be a small enough percentage of pigment that it'll be perfectly safe for fountain pens, but the pigments add to the vibrancy and shading. The ink comes packaged in a pretty fancy box that unfolds to reveal the ink, which is in a new peacock-inspired bottle. If you're familiar with the eye-spots at the tip of peacock feathers, then this shape will be familiar (with the cap of the bottle forming the dark eye spot). It's a 30ml bottle and will cost about $16 USD (less in India). 

krishna-peacock-blue-bottle-on-green-box-2.thumb.jpg.19818a4658b7c29460fdefc924be7db3.jpg

krishna-peacock-blue-bottle-on-white.thumb.jpg.a47985e4b631ddd5527fa44f63d83b05.jpg

krishna-peacock-blue-bottle-and-box.thumb.jpg.95714ec77d35212f0d89a57800831d32.jpg

Anyway... I just got this in the mail on Wednesday, and haven't really had a chance to take all of the photos and do all of the testing that I'd like, but I also didn't want to just sit on it, so I'm posting a few photos here, and some more on my website, and I'll make a video next week. 

For now, here are the basics:

No sheen. Moderately fast drying. No feathering on any paper tested. Pretty dry flow, does not work well with glass pens or flex pens. Writes wonderfully in fountain pens, though... smooth and no hard starts.

krishna-peacock-blue-ink-swatch--paper-comparison-2.thumb.jpg.deaf88b0a411c4c93a9266be9ae0c34d.jpg

krishna-peacock-blue-ink-swatch-comparison.thumb.jpg.76d1a87a76980175f84d5046bcf6f684.jpg

krishna-peacock-blue-writing-sample-2.thumb.jpg.4b36d6ebf3a707bc167abb337db0df98.jpg

krishna-peacock-blue-writing-sample-broad-rhodia.thumb.jpg.66c0cda34a190a3829885a3942ec118d.jpg

krishna-peacock-blue-writing-sample-medium-tomoe-river.thumb.jpg.6d4862eb6ff3eb7bf25226866e232490.jpg

krishna-peacock-blue-bottle-on-blue-with-diplomat.thumb.jpg.fc565503ced91514a56a1002709110ae.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matthew TWP

• yazeh

• lapis

• bugsydog55

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the preview.  The bottle shape is nice but the color does not grab me,  plus I already have Krishna's Waterproof Sapphire Blue which looks quite similar, at least on your swatch cards.

20 minutes ago, I-am-not-really-here said:

Thanks for the preview.  The bottle shape is nice but the color does not grab me,  plus I already have Krishna's Waterproof Sapphire Blue which looks quite similar, at least on your swatch cards.

Yes, the hue is pretty similar to the Waterproof Sapphire, but the Peacock is significantly more vibrant. It's not a huge difference from a lot of my other inks, though. Except the lack of sheen. 🙂

Great review - thank you @Matthew TWP I see the swatch books are multiplying impressively!

The colour's pretty, but not different enough to make me want it a lot, but the bottle is lovely! Looks very practical too.

The bottle has more appeal to me.  The ink is a great take on the color but Peacock Blue just doesn't hit the "buy me now" spot.  Be interesting to see if Krishna is going to push into the comparatively higher end market with a series of inks.  They have a great bottle and some cool packaging and they have a worldwide market.  Be interesting to see where this leads.

Thanks for the nice review and presentation of "that to come". I too prefer the bottle over this exact hue but the shading is the next best bet! At least more so than that of W's South Sea or CdA's Caribbean.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Added a little bit of additional detail with this video, but mostly it's just a different format. Thought I'd go ahead and post it here anyway. 🙂

Outstanding review!  Thank you for taking such care and time to produce not only a great review but the video as well.  I really appreciate the color comparison that you did in the video.  

I love this color, but I already have so many others that I can't justify another bottle at this time.  But I will certainly keep it in mind.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

On 10/23/2021 at 9:30 PM, DrDebG said:

Outstanding review!  Thank you for taking such care and time to produce not only a great review but the video as well.  I really appreciate the color comparison that you did in the video.  

I love this color, but I already have so many others that I can't justify another bottle at this time.  But I will certainly keep it in mind.  

Thank you 🙂