• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• mge01park

• Bo Bo Olson

• Uncial

16 minutes ago, fireant said:

Wow Amber they are close!

On most papers, they are indistinguishable.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Thank's Amber, Diamine is with in reach......It's sometimes horrible, living in the Golden Age of Inks.

A 2,000 item buffet.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

40 minutes ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

Thank's Amber, Diamine is with in reach......It's sometimes horrible, living in the Golden Age of Inks.

A 2,000 item buffet.

It is a wonderful problem to have. 

Here are some closeups.

large_ldv.jpg.bccd463359f141afdc386732ce152479.jpglarge_p2.jpg.4519e470d25a97e3d6a2fa469f316301.jpglarge_p3.jpg.87ff59755b60906f6ee643bdd466f6a6.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

17 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

It is actually not a shimmer ink, but it sheens like all heck and is so saturated that it can me difficult to clean.

Are you referring to Winter Miracle? If so, sorry to contradict, but actually does have shimmer - blue, in fact. 

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

2 hours ago, PithyProlix said:

Are you referring to Winter Miracle? If so, sorry to contradict, but actually does have shimmer - blue, in fact. 

You're right. When I pulled mine out and looked at it again, I was riding with a pen that was so wet you couldn't see the shimmer. The green Halo on the sheen was incredible.

1 hour ago, amberleadavis said:

You're right. When I pulled mine out and looked at it again, I was riding with a pen that was so wet you couldn't see the shimmer. The green Halo on the sheen was incredible.

That’s what I said yesterday and quoted per the Goulet website. Thanks for confirming. 😊. I also try to avoid the gold from the J. Herbin 1670 inks and let it sit in the bottom. 

2 hours ago, mge01park said:

That’s what I said yesterday and quoted per the Goulet website. Thanks for confirming. 😊. I also try to avoid the gold from the J. Herbin 1670 inks and let it sit in the bottom. 

Oops, sorry. I never noticed the shimmer either. When i used it I mustn't have shaken it. However, if there are concerns about glittery particles it is very easy to get them out via a paper coffee filter. You need to cut it to a small funnel so that it doesn't absorb too much ink.

Or just don't shake the bottle.

I've  never had this in be cloggy in any way.

I have a dark gray or black Hebin in silver that I like much better than the Diamine glitter shading inks....could be it's the tone of the Herbin is darker so shows the glitter better than my 4-5  Diamine inks.

I've had no clogging issues, but use them less than expected.

Here in this thread, in fact I'm being reminded I have them.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Very much depends on feeds and nibs with the clogging.  I have a vintage Sheaffer Balance that gets properly clogged at the feed with Diamine shimmer inks (like Lilac Satin).  The ink just refuses to flow properly and gets worse from there after a day or two in the pen.  I have to keep using a Kuretake water brush to wet the nib to get some ink flow, and it's spotty.  Some of my pens really don't like shimmer inks, while others do just fine.  My Conklin Duragraph never ever clogs with shimmer inks, and I can keep the inks capped in that pen for a couple months, and the pen will start immediately the next time I use it.

Interesting about Winter Miracle.  I just recently got a bottle of Dark Lilac myself and have been on the fence about it.  Mostly due to the complete absence of any water resistance for such a dark ink.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

On 8/18/2022 at 11:16 AM, amberleadavis said:

I finally captured the halo and blue shimmer.

PXL_20220821_063005655.jpg