Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Hi there from New Zealand (formerly Middle Earth)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Cave

• Rachael

• NgunnawalJack

• Bristol24

Matt Cave
3 hours ago, Rachael said:

AD6DF8F9-DB20-4C16-8F43-569AA465B2B2.jpeg

Thanks Rachael for the offer & first dibs. I've just been given permission to get some pens from Ensso & Namisu so I think I'll pass - but thanks again for the offer... 

Hi there Matt! Many greetings from the Twilight Zone!

Matt Cave

Hi Zookie, thanks for the greetings... just wondering why the twilight zone? many dogs & sparkly people where you are??   😀

Welcome! Congratulations on being so effective at converting people over to fountain pens. My wife uses the one I gave her sometimes, but she’s staying faithful to her Pilot G2s. I even do all the filling and cleaning, and offered her a second pen to trade between so she won’t have to be without one when hers is getting a “bath,” 

Maybe I’ll have more success with my nephew, I just gave him a pen today. He’s heading out of town for a couple of years, so he’ll have to do the cleaning himself.

Here’s an effort to paint New Zealand for a card I gave to another nephew who spent some time in New Zealand.  I’m not the best artist and it was a rush job (I didn’t really have time to let the islands dry before adding the ocean wash, so if I let the two touch they would bleed into each other) Also, due to the size, I had to give up on some fine details (especially on the north end of both major islands), but I hope it is a passable attempt (I mean they would throw me out of an art school for this… Wait, Your not an art professor are you?!)

D5353178-5868-4F6B-8899-23CE546297C0.png.d7151a91d59961504746862acfeccd99.png

1 hour ago, KB3K said:

Welcome! Congratulations on being so effective at converting people over to fountain pens. My wife uses the one I gave her sometimes, but she’s staying faithful to her Pilot G2s. I even do all the filling and cleaning, and offered her a second pen to trade between so she won’t have to be without one when hers is getting a “bath,” 

Maybe I’ll have more success with my nephew, I just gave him a pen today. He’s heading out of town for a couple of years, so he’ll have to do the cleaning himself.

Here’s an effort to paint New Zealand for a card I gave to another nephew who spent some time in New Zealand.  I’m not the best artist and it was a rush job (I didn’t really have time to let the islands dry before adding the ocean wash, so if I let the two touch they would bleed into each other) Also, due to the size, I had to give up on some fine details (especially on the north end of both major islands), but I hope it is a passable attempt (I mean they would throw me out of an art school for this… Wait, Your not an art professor are you?!)

D5353178-5868-4F6B-8899-23CE546297C0.png.d7151a91d59961504746862acfeccd99.png

Thanks for your welcome KB3K - & may I say that is an outstanding attempt at drawing New Zealand... Captain Cook would be jealous!