Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Good Quality Fude Nib Fountain Pen?

PotbellyPig

15 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=美工筆書法&hl=ja&tbm=vid

I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Not that I think you specifically meant it that way, but these days when people say they don't see much (online) on a subject, especially in the context of training and learning, it is usually implied that they're only looking for what is freely accessible, both in terms of not having to pay to access the material, and not requiring some sort of qualification or credential before one can browse the catalogue or index of training articles and videos. That logically narrows down the field of vision by a whole lot; you probably would not have been looking at places such as Udemy for courses and training material on calligraphy. (I haven't.)

Thanks! I can finally see some good examples with a fude nib.  Does 美工筆 refer to fude nib writing specifically or does it refer to just beautiful writing in general?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PotbellyPig

• A Smug Dill

• kulnet

• como

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, PotbellyPig said:

Does 美工筆 refer to fude nib writing specifically or does it refer to just beautiful writing in general?

It is what the Chinese pen industry calls pens with the type of nib with the tip bent backwards at an angle, which does not allude to anything to do with a brush (cf. Fude).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

On 10/23/2021 at 11:45 PM, Pen_Padawan said:

Another option is 老山羊鋼筆, not sure what is their English name, search “3952 fountain pen”; http://www.3952pen.com; lots of information on FPN.  This is a very good quality pen.

They are a Taiwanese company (not going into the history of Taiwan - China).  They get custom fude titanium nibs from Bock from what I know.  I own the Pilot steel fude pens and tested the 3952 titanium fude, IMHO there is more softness due to the titanium material, but minor.  The over all pen feel, construction quality, Bock titanium fude nib makes it worth the money, in the price range you are looking into IMHO.

Very nice looking fountain pens.  Are they available in the USA?  Or do you have to use a proxy or something of the sort to import them?