From "Introduction" straight to "Pelikan"

Dan2

As mentioned above, common black caps are readily available as replacement caps. The situation is different for uncommon black caps such as those with chrome/nickel trim. The pen in the Bulgarian auction is therefore of interest but I honestly do not know whether it is correct for a lizard skin 100N barrel. Maybe it is correct for an export pen.

You shared the picture with the eight 100N pens in a row: please note that the owner of these pens provides more pictures of the same pens and in one of these he has mounted the black cap with chrome/nickel trim on the grey marble Pelikan 100N. See the confusion?

I have a lizard skin Pelikan 100N with an 18K nib and a black cap with "Pelican" (instead of "Pelikan") imprint on the cap dome, bought from a seller in France. The combination of the uncommon 18K nib on the pen plus the uncommon "Pelican" imprint on the cap made me think that the pen and cap may have always belonged together. But as long as we do not find such configuration in a catalog or other original Pelikan document, we have to consider them being not correct.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dan2

• joss

• Bo Bo Olson

• stoen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, joss said:

As mentioned above, common black caps are readily available as replacement caps. The situation is different for uncommon black caps such as those with chrome/nickel trim. The pen in the Bulgarian auction is therefore of interest but I honestly do not know whether it is correct for a lizard skin 100N barrel. Maybe it is correct for an export pen.

You shared the picture with the eight 100N pens in a row: please note that the owner of these pens provides more pictures of the same pens and in one of these he has mounted the black cap with chrome/nickel trim on the grey marble Pelikan 100N. See the confusion?

I have a lizard skin Pelikan 100N with an 18K nib and a black cap with "Pelican" (instead of "Pelikan") imprint on the cap dome, bought from a seller in France. The combination of the uncommon 18K nib on the pen plus the uncommon "Pelican" imprint on the cap made me think that the pen and cap may have always belonged together. But as long as we do not find such configuration in a catalog or other original Pelikan document, we have to consider them being not correct.

Ok, thanks again for this guidance. Now I’m pretty sure it’s all too complicated for me, and I got my first offer on ebay, so the pen will go into better hands.

25 minutes ago, Dan2 said:

Ok, thanks again for this guidance. Now I’m pretty sure it’s all too complicated for me, and I got my first offer on ebay, so the pen will go into better hands.

I agree. A buyer is expected to know what he/she buys but is it correct that there is a major crack in the lizard skin sheet that sits around the barrel? I think I see such a crack in picture 1. If so, you are invited to mention that in the auction because such a damage has a major effect on the overall value of the pen.

1209937372_s-l1600copy.thumb.jpg.8131a8139727b041cac85262050d0247.jpg

28 minutes ago, joss said:

I agree. A buyer is expected to know what he/she buys but is it correct that there is a major crack in the lizard skin sheet that sits around the barrel? I think I see such a crack in picture 1. If so, you are invited to mention that in the auction because such a damage has a major effect on the overall value of the pen.

I really don't know what's your point. I hope the condition can be seen from the pictures, i really know nothing more than that (unknown condition, as I wrote)!

Apart from the fact that the woman said during the assessment: "it is in good condition, we can arrange it for use".

That woman works here: https://zagrebcrafts.hr/en/artisan/peroklinika/

And that's all, everything else is speculation.

Edited by Dan2

22 minutes ago, Dan2 said:

I really don't know what's your point.

It was an invitation to report obvious damages in the object that you offer for sale.

I hope the condition can be seen from the pictures, i really know nothing more than that (unknown condition, as I wrote)!

Then please re-read the answers. You started this thread with the question "So what exactly is it about and how much valuable treasure do I own?" and you have received to-the-point answers.

Apart from the fact that the woman said during the assessment: "it is in good condition, we can arrange it for use".

That woman works here: https://zagrebcrafts.hr/en/artisan/peroklinika/

There is no doubt that the woman can arrange the pen for use but she will not be able to repair the damage.

And that's all, everything else is speculation.

The suspected damage is likely not speculation, given the tone of your response.