Waldmann Voyager (5722) – one classy sterling silver pocket pen!

Fluegelfeder

Dear all,

it‘s been a while, since I wrote a little review about one of my pens. Since I found a new little edc pen, that literally has accompanied me every day for several weeks now (without any rotation whatsoever), I figured: it’s time!

I mainly have used pocket pens in the last two years: From Kaweco (Sport, Supra, Liliput) to Midori’s (Travelers Company) bullet pen etc.

Trouble is: It either takes just one turn of the cap to come loose (what’s perfectly fine, if you open it to scribble some notes, but what is really annoying, if it the cap easily comes loose in the pocket of your trousers…) or it takes 3 full turns to open (annoying, if you want to write something down fast, but at least, your trousers stay clean of ink)…

By mere coincidence I saw the new ‘Voyager’ by the German company Waldmann. A really awesome company that produces sterling silver writing instruments with nibs by Jowo.

Facts & Figures:

- cap and barrel made of massive sterling silver (polished by hand)

- other parts of metal with platinum coating

- steel nib by Jowo (you can get gold nibs, too)

- screw cap, that can be screwed at the end of the barrel

- length closed: 93mm

- length open (cap posted): 122,5mm

- weight: 33g

- only takes one standard cartridge

- comes in box with a polishing towel, a package of blue cartridges

- completely made in Germany

Fit and finish are superb. It is a really smooth writer, no skipping or baby bottom whatsoever. I like the dimensions very much and most of all: the silver surface. There’s something about the color and the feel of pure silver. It appears a little ‘warmer’ in color and it changes constantly with use.

The only trouble with this little pocket pen: There’s neither a clip nor a pin or anything to prevent it from rolling off the table. So you either carry it in your pocket or you write with it – tertium non datur. Then again: that’s pretty much exactly what you do with a pocket pen.

I really do like this little fountain pen and so much so, that there has been no rotation for weeks and weeks since I got it and inked it up.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Btw: No affiliation, just a happy customer.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluegelfeder

• austollie

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pen and nice photos.  Some Waldmann pens appeal to me a lot more than others.  This one is gorgeous, as well as highly practical as a pocket pen.  I noticed that you have a Kaweco Brass Sport already.  How do you think that the Voyager compares with the Kaweco Liliput (apart from the obvious issue of material choice)?

Both pens are high quality pens with regard to fit and finish. The brass sport is way heavier and has a bigger section, so it probably works better for longer texts. What I don't like about the Kaweco is that it cap comes loose inside my pocket. I therefore wear it in a Kaweco leather pouch, but still it manages to turn open... Second thing of interest: Kaweco nibs run quite dry compared to other nibs. It saves ink, but you have to like it.

Therefore I prefer my Waldmann Voyager: no issues with the cap coming off by itself and a true western f with gorgeous flow. (And you don't see it that often ;) )