Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Non-Messy Pen Refill Option

1 hour ago, ErrantSmudge said:

There's also the ever-popular Sheaffer Snorkel pens that can refill from near-empty bottles. But as these pens are vintage they may not be suitable for every ink out there (topic of a different discussion that's happened here many times).

Could you give me a brief recap of that discussion? I’m not picky with my inks at all (black, blue, and blue-black), preferring waterproof. I would just be concerned that a vintage pen would leak.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Poetman

• A Smug Dill

• arcfide

• Karmachanic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Runnin_Ute
5 hours ago, Poetman said:

Could you give me a brief recap of that discussion? I’m not picky with my inks at all (black, blue, and blue-black), preferring waterproof. I would just be concerned that a vintage pen would leak.

I have multiple vintage pens inked right now and none of them leak. A Parker 51, Esterbrook J, Pelikan 140. A full 30% of my inked pens. The 140 has been inked continuously for over 4 years without leaking. 

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

10 hours ago, Runnin_Ute said:

I have multiple vintage pens inked right now and none of them leak. A Parker 51, Esterbrook J, Pelikan 140. A full 30% of my inked pens. The 140 has been inked continuously for over 4 years without leaking. 

Thanks for sharing this! I have always heard/been under the impression that vintage fountain pens are more prone to leaking.