The current fountain pen landscape

BambinoFortunato

It is better to use 4 of 5 inks, than to use two  (4-5 waiting their turn) out of 90.

So with so few inks....you could list them and folks can tell you what is close or where they went from yours....

Gee I've not used any of my 5-6 (or more) turquoise inks in ages.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• ParramattaPaul

• sansenri

• BambinoFortunato

24 minutes ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

It is better to use 4 of 5 inks, than to use two  (4-5 waiting their turn) out of 90.

So with so few inks....you could list them and folks can tell you what is close or where they went from yours....

Gee I've not used any of my 5-6 (or more) turquoise inks in ages.

Four are blues of different, but somewhat similar shades, one black, and the unloved green.  I doubt I will be venturing further afield with my ink choices.  I am quite happy with the inks I have.  Pens are a different matter.  I'm awaiting one pen I pre-ordered, and there is one or two vintage pens I would like to add to the flock.

I saw no reason to buy a green ink at all....ever....

.... I was chasing purple had 8. At a near by store they were having a sale and there was half a bottle of now sadly discontinued***  Pelikan 4001 Brilliant green.

It shaded. Was a green-green ink.

That year I bought 14 greenish inks,and have 19 now.

So you can confess what green it is.........

In my green-greenish ink test of the Gmund paper....at that cost it took me some three years of scribbling to see which sheet of the 10-12 papers was the best.

Of the Green-Green inks, R&K Verdura finished a nose in front of MB Irish, a neck in front of 4001 Brilliant Green.

***Most of the folks here hated a bright green; wanting a dull, non-shading, boring dark green sort of like Dimaine's Sherwood ink, only duller....which they got........

OK MB Irish is been priced way over my limit....once it was 'normal' priced ink. Luckily R&K Verdura which is a nose better Green-Green ink is still under E 8.60...blue is E 5.90.

Do not buy Lamy Green Ink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It takes a perfect match of nib width and paper to reach adequate. So Well one can toss the ink and keep the bottle. It's a great bottle.

Lamy Turquoise  is a nice ink if one has 90g or better paper, where it shades. Close to blue.

Waterman makes a turquoise also....don't know the name...they changed it...I forgot it. I never learned the new name.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

On 10/12/2021 at 6:13 PM, Waltz For Zizi said:

Parker are extremely unimaginative these days. The newest (bleep) thing they did is take the Waterman Allure, slap an arrow clip and change the imprint on the nib and color of the pen and they call it a Parker Vector XL now. Like come on!!!

p.S Both Parker and Waterman are owned by the same company, but this thing is beyond idiotic.

Oh is THAT what the Vector XL is.  I saw one for sale on eBay but couldn't tell what it actually was.  So watching the listing but at the moment that's all....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

4 hours ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

I saw no reason to buy a green ink at all....ever....

Nor did I originally.  However, I have a number of green pens, and another pen user (and member here) suggested having one inked with a matching ink.  Not favouring bright, dare I say gaudy inks being the dull, boring person (and a happy soul in spite of it) that I am, I opted for Diamine Jungle Green.  It is dark, but I'm too set in my ways and couldn't get used to to it.

Dast I suggest 90g and better paper, and two toned shading inks.:thumbup:

They come in many shades and hues.

That would spiff up your day, with out wandering away from blue or boldly turquoise.

Could be you already have a blue shading ink if used with a 90g or better paper.:)