Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Can you please help me identify this capless pen?

Hello! Longtime lurker, first time poster here. I'm hoping some kind person can help me identify this pen.

I found it at the bottom of a box of miscellaneous desk items I bought at a doctor's estate sale. As you can imagine, I dug furiously through the box and even looked under the cardboard flaps at the bottom, but the cap was nowhere to be found.

The only place it says "Monblanc" is on the nib, which is 14k. From lurking on here, I knew to hold the pen up to the light and see if the black plastic has a reddish glow. It does. But do you see any other reason to suspect it's not real?

If it is real, can you tell me what kind it is so that I can try to find a cap for it? (I already tried the Montblanc website but they just told me they don't sell caps.)

Thank you!

PS-- it's kind of hard to see in the pic, but there are transparent bars on the barrel, near the section, just above my index finger.)

DSC02102.JPG

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• New2FPs

• Dione

• PENRob

• Karmachanic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New2FPs, welcome to the forum!  Please allow me to put in a placeholder suggestion while you await the input of the many expert members here: I venture to identify your find as a Montblanc Meisterstück 149.

I-am-not-really-here

While you are looking for a cap, store your pen on a 149 desk base.  Not cheap but the correct cap won't be either.

It's a Montblanc Meisterstuck 149 and it might have originally had a desk base rather than a cap just in case you might have found something like that in the box. Montblanc can quite easily provide a cap to fit it. Not all 149 caps are the same size so be careful if looking on ebay.

Thank you all! This is enormously helpful. Now I have info about the pen I can look for a cap. I didn't know there were different caps for the same model; I shall have to tread carefully.

Unfortunately no, there was nothing in the box that could have been a base or part of a base.

I'm imagining the cap or base being tossed into a different box by one of the estate sale people; perhaps it will turn up on eBay.

The nib looks in good condition despite not having a cap, so congratulations on your find!  I hope it'll be a fine writer for you. 

KARMACHANIC thank you for the MB dating map, is it your "realisation", wonderful, I see it for the first time, great !!!

Karmachanic
2 hours ago, PENRob said:

KARMACHANIC thank you for the MB dating map, is it your "realisation", wonderful, I see it for the first time, great !!!

Comes from Shirabosi-san in Japan.  Its pinned in the MB forum

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

Thanks, dascott. I haven't tried it out yet as I don't want it to dry out... but I'm hoping it will write well.