Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

What old model would you resurect from the ashes?

Pilot Murex.

Cheers,

Effrafax.

"It is a well known and much lamented fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it"

Douglas Adams ("The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy - The Original Radio Scripts").

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karmachanic

• como

• gyasko

• txomsy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, como said:

Long window but comes with a bottle of black lacquer DIY?

Later model 139s had short windows.

1074680355_ScreenShot2021-09-15at10_23_03.thumb.png.559e15e039fc742f7b93c6cbed4cfaae.png

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

As close as I can come to a 139.

The following sleeker  derivative of a 139 was in large size often Writer edition pen forms.

The standard sized  MB 234 1/2 Deluxe (52-54 only) semi-flex KOB....which I have. In spite of it's brass guts making it a tad back heavy it won my then noobie 20 pen balance test. Meisterclass clip. S6TQikY.jpgbYWN5De.jpg

I do suggest the regular MB 234 1/2 as cheaper.

Second on my then balance test....I don't have the years to do a 70- or more balance test any more.

Thin medium-long Geha 725 semi-flex. Made from '65-6 or so -72 with rolled gold trim. Cost DM 360 or $90 back when a P-75 cost a whopping $22...in silver money. qWBcZxy.jpg

The little curved lines on the clip add so much class. hZrR3oq.jpg

Is a very sleek and classy black and gold pen.ogInSF2.jpg

Nib picture with permission of Penborad.de

fqsYWy5.jpg

P-75 surprised me by being #3.....medium-long 400NN maxi-semi-flex OF was # 4.

The standard sized  400 is just the slightest tad less well balanced, (took me a couple of years to decide that.) You can improve your modern post '97 by putting a semi-vintage or vintage nib on it.

These were long after my balance test.

Good BCHR pens. These are not Osmia, but Boehler when the two brothers split the firm Osmia in '38. Boehler used the same model numbers but  didn't make the plainer pens they also use to make.

RfIkpTy.jpg

Good thing there is a vintage market....in on the whole outside of Japanese pens, the old nibs were better on the old pens.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,..Bock nib factory.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

44 minutes ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

As close as I can come to a 139.

The following sleeker  derivative of a 139 was in large size often Writer edition pen forms.

The standard sized  MB 234 1/2 Deluxe (52-54 only) semi-flex KOB....which I have. In spite of it's brass guts making it a tad back heavy it won my then noobie 20 pen balance test. Meisterclass clip. S6TQikY.jpgbYWN5De.jpg

I do suggest the regular MB 234 1/2 as cheaper.

I call this model baby 139, because of the shape and clip. I like the brass piston very much. They were well made robust pistons, and give a little heft to an otherwise rather small pen. And much more affordable (I know, smaller, I already said 😀).

I would go for a modern 139 if Montblanc can stick to the original appearance (flat top, clip, two tone cap rings), even if they have to just make it look like a telescopic piston knob but actually use a normal piston. A little premium over the regular 149 price, like the Calligraphy, I can tolerate that.