Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

What old model would you resurect from the ashes?

Waltz For Zizi

I was waiting for a long time to get myself a GvFC Intuition, though I've always liked them, but since I discovered about a year ago they got discontinued I "pulled the trigger" and now I own 4 of them. I did not want to miss out on them.

But I started to think about all those discontinued pens, for example the Parker Frontier I think it looks nice. I wonder why it got discontinued. I certainly find it a lot more pleasing than the modern Urban and IM parkers.

And my question is: If you could resurect a Fp model (not the LE/special editions colors we get every year) that is no longer available what would that be? I would certainly resurect the Parker Frontier and of course those stacked celluloid vacumatics (I still wish to someday own a golden pearl)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karmachanic

• como

• loganrah

• david-p

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bunnspecial

carlos.q and Gyasko beat me to the answer I was going to give!

I'd settle for a Hemingway resurrection also. I know it's an LE, but is an LE with a shape/size/form unlike any current production pen.

I'd go a bit further back: Waterman's 42 and co (I would be in heaven if I could walk into a store and buy a 46 today!)

I-am-not-really-here

Forget the pens.  Resurrect the lost art of hand-forged nibs!

A Smug Dill
8 hours ago, Waltz For Zizi said:

… I discovered about a year ago they got discontinued I "pulled the trigger" and now I own 4 of them.

I did that for the recently discontinued Sailor Promenade.

8 hours ago, Waltz For Zizi said:

If you could resurect a Fp model (not the LE/special editions colors we get every year) that is no longer available what would that be?

Given that the Sailor Professional Gear Slim Mini has already been resurrected, I'd say the Platinum Vicoh PTL-5000A. Very good as an entry-level gold-nibbed pen and introduction to Japanese nibs, especially for the price! Never mind that it's a slender cylindrical pen that may not suit everyone's preference or preconceived ideas of the shape and/or size of a fountain pen or nib. I like it especially that the nib is neither shaped like the typical ‘open’ nib nor a hooded nib, and while very precise it is also somewhat soft, but offers a lot of bouncy resistance to attempts to ‘flex’ it and quick spring-back.

Oh, and any Sailor model fitted with the discontinued Naginata Saibi-togi nib.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Sheaffer Touchdowns, 1950ish

Pen(s) Currently in Rotation:

Pelikan M600 Red Striped (Fine) - Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite

Pelikan M405 Blue Striped (Extra Fine) - Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite

Lamy Vista (Extra Fine) - Rohrer & Klingner Cassia

The Montblanc 342 line was affordable and a great pen with a great nib, the likes of are no longer made. I suppose there are lots of other pens in a similar range, like Pelikans, but don't have experience with them.

The Wahl-Eversharp Doric with a regulable flex nib and its Art-Deco aesthetics was also a worthy pen.

Parker 61 Capillary Fill.  Classy and sleek, with an innovative filling mechanism.

"Nothing is new under the sun!  Even the thing of which we say, “See, this is new!” has already existed in the ages that preceded us." Ecclesiastes
13 minutes ago, Checklist said:

Parker 61 Capillary Fill.  Classy and sleek, with an innovative filling mechanism.

A new 61 should be in lucite.

chromantic

Pelikan's piston mechanism never died.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.