Go Big or Go Home!

adasdad

On 8/13/2021 at 12:48 AM, Pen Nut said:

My Conway Stewart Grand Exhibition alongside my well used Montblanc 146 Le Grande vermeil....... yeah I went proper BIG !!!!!   Taxi for adasdad please 🙂

fpn_1345143672__conway_6.jpg

Orr Morr Gorr! (aussie for OMG)😄

Congratulation everyone on the glorious 🤭 glittering instruments!!

And 'proper BIG' Pen Nut, in a shameless, literal display of excess!!

Just how 'big' did the OP intend us to 'go'?

IMG_0966.thumb.JPG.e4e743cfbdd421125d8d1a9458bac54a.JPG

Looking for a really big pocket!!

Top..unknown..brass.. trenchwork? Private display?

Twin Lilputs, copper & brass

Twin yStudios, copper & brass

Kaweco Sport, brass

70's Pelikano, Sheaffer, Imperial 330? And snakeskin SwanMabieTodd

My scruffy lot on the desk today

Cheers, versofolio the shabby (by comparison).. (but quite clever to find this MONster) Yes No? 

πTom

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adasdad

• Pale.Ink.Tom

• Pen Nut

• whichwatch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fair Dincum response owld mate versofolio but 'i will be back'.......

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

7 hours ago, Pen Nut said:

Fair Dincum response owld mate versofolio but 'i will be back'.......

Orr nah mate, wot's garn orn?

Orr nar ees tha bloody 'Turrmeenayydah"

Or "The Two Ronnies".. (the long and the short of it)!!

I'm on tenter-hooks...and that IS actually as uncomfortable as it sounds!!

πTom

Yo Versfolio, look at my big Pelikan and weep mate. Thing lights up like a prop from Stars Wars as well ! Would look great on that little opera house you have overt there 😃

That is a 12" / 300mm ruler in front of it with a Cross, and intimidated, Townsend for comparison.

P.S Anyone that lives in a country that has a beetle whose home is the wc (dunny ?) that can kill you has the utmost respect from me.

peli 1.jpg

peli 2.jpg

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

😂🤣 You evil genius!! (sobs) 😭💦

How is that even possible?? (splutters with sheer incredulity)!

Ok you win...! Forever!

Thank you Pen Nut!!!

I wonder if I had been on our esteemed site as long as most others, I would have seen this pic and not known what heck I was looking at!

You realise you've left nowhere to go but down now?

Enjoyed this part of the thread enormously.

I pay my respects also to the 'original poster' adasdad who started us off with his gorgeous Namiki.

Cheers vf

πTom

I agree about the dunny beetle and reveal some shocking (perhaps?) news.

The country I have lived my entire life in consists of a group of Islands.

I'll run through them briefly. North Island, South Island..(are you keeping up so far?), The Chatham Islands, (offshore eastern Is) and West Island...

which does have an Opera House! I was particularly pleased to see the same town also has "The Big Brother House"now!

I speak a little "Australian". Just enough to get by if I was ever abducted by Aliens and dropped there...(shudders)!

Secondly...wait for it..I have a 'dunny'! Can't see the point of spoiling perfectly good, clean water by pooping in it!!!

You need time to process all this.. I get it!

Bye vf

πTom

21 hours ago, Versofolio said:

Orr Morr Gorr! (aussie for OMG)😄

Congratulation everyone on the glorious 🤭 glittering instruments!!

And 'proper BIG' Pen Nut, in a shameless, literal display of excess!!

Just how 'big' did the OP intend us to 'go'?

IMG_0966.thumb.JPG.e4e743cfbdd421125d8d1a9458bac54a.JPG

Looking for a really big pocket!!

Top..unknown..brass.. trenchwork? Private display?

Twin Lilputs, copper & brass

Twin yStudios, copper & brass

Kaweco Sport, brass

70's Pelikano, Sheaffer, Imperial 330? And snakeskin SwanMabieTodd

My scruffy lot on the desk today

Cheers, versofolio the shabby (by comparison).. (but quite clever to find this MONster) Yes No? 

Gosh, I am speechless! That thing is even beautiful 😀😀😀! Thanks for showing.

Hi Como. I enjoy your posts very much. And now we are all speechless!!😆

Great fun..thank you members.

I've owned this object for 3 weeks but I intend to follow up with the seller, on our small auction site, who thought there would much more interest in his auction!

I assured him that I was quite capable of appreciating its rarity and uncommon beauty!

Industrial

Maritime

Military

Theatre prop

Museum sculpture

Someone will know.

Your wonderful responses and comments will be passed on the the previous owner who was convinced it was very special writing paraphernalia.

vf

πTom

On 8/6/2021 at 12:53 AM, adasdad said:

Today I received this beautiful Namiki Emperor No.50 in Vermillion Roiro-Urushi from the good folks at Goldspot Pens. It’s a real stunner and absolutely wonderful to hold in the hand. 

658AB2EF-C5F6-43F6-8980-E3DE6D3BA665.jpeg

3558FEFE-5FF9-4011-985B-4A8C07CF6AC6.jpeg

C663B8D0-3BCF-417F-80D0-1064E7ED19D3.jpeg

87029C0A-3135-452A-AB74-FA3B9DDE53EE.jpeg

ABC3E8A3-73E6-4FEA-90F7-2FC32BA39D5C.jpeg

1B34A499-B11E-4A38-A26E-296DDB5D8C60.jpeg

Adasdad...

This is the next pen that I am looking at purchasing. How does the pen feel in the hand? Would you say it is balanced?

I like a big pen and I also like heavy pens. What made you choose the Emperor versus the Yukari?

I hope you enjoy your new treasure.

Respectfully,

David

9 hours ago, NeverTapOut said:

Adasdad...

This is the next pen that I am looking at purchasing. How does the pen feel in the hand? Would you say it is balanced?

I like a big pen and I also like heavy pens. What made you choose the Emperor versus the Yukari?

I hope you enjoy your new treasure.

Respectfully,

David

NeverTapOut, this pen feels absolutely wonderful as soon as you pick it up. It is incredibly well balanced and a joy to write with. I have large hands and I enjoy using large pens, but not ones which are heavy, cumbersome, and that I have to constantly readjust between my fingers. And that’s one of the main reasons why I chose the Emperor Lacquer No. 50 over the brass bodied Urushi covered Yukari. It’s the best writing fountain pen that I’ve ever used, let alone owned. 

On 8/24/2021 at 2:11 AM, adasdad said:

NeverTapOut, this pen feels absolutely wonderful as soon as you pick it up. It is incredibly well balanced and a joy to write with. I have large hands and I enjoy using large pens, but not ones which are heavy, cumbersome, and that I have to constantly readjust between my fingers. And that’s one of the main reasons why I chose the Emperor Lacquer No. 50 over the brass bodied Urushi covered Yukari. It’s the best writing fountain pen that I’ve ever used, let alone owned. 

adadad...

Thank you for your response. I do appreciate it. Here comes the hard part...deciding what to do. I think what makes the pen so comfortable when you think it wouldn't be is the grip section and the balance. I would guesstimate that the pen is neither top heavy nor bottom heavy...am I correct?

Regards,

David

• 5 weeks later...

This is for anyone who own's an Emperor or 149...How does the Emperor #50 feel compared to a Montblanc 149?

It seems the grip section is more narrow than the 149.

I could not find a comparison video on youtube.

Thank you for the help.

David

• 3 weeks later...