Hello, newbie with a question.

Kyle M.

Hello all. I just bought my first Montblanc, a Starwalker Precious Resin from Amazon. Being that Amazon has never let me down in the past and the price was in line with other retailers I believed in the pens authenticity at the time of purchase. I mainly chose Amazon for the 2 day prime shipping and my unfortunate lack of patience. Now that I have the pen and I'm reading about how often they are faked I'm starting to have my doubts. I realize it can be difficult to authenticate an item from photos and I realize these photos aren't great, but I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help me determine if this pen is authentic. I will do my best to provide better photos if needed.  I'm within the return period and if it unfortunately turns out to be a fake I will return it and buy from a known reputable retailer. Thanks in advance for any help.

IMG-3282.jpg

IMG-3281.jpg

IMG-3280.jpg

IMG-3279.jpg

IMG-3278.jpg

IMG-3277.jpg

IMG-3273.jpg

IMG-3272.jpg

Edited by Kyle M.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kyle M.

• Wahl

• northstar

• Bristol24

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome to FPN. I hope other members can help you with your question.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

38 minutes ago, northstar said:

Hello and welcome to FPN. I hope other members can help you with your question.

Thanks for the welcome. I hope so too. With any luck I did ok, I’ve always managed to avoid fake items in the past but I’ll admit I could’ve done more research before this purchase. 

Welcome to FPN.  Hopefully someone will be able to help you.

Cliff

“The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.”  John Adams

55 minutes ago, Bristol24 said:

Welcome to FPN.  Hopefully someone will be able to help you.

Cliff

Thank you for the welcome.

The thing that's throwing me off is I've seen some people say the serial number should be beside the clip on the band, others say at certain times it was on the side of the clip like on my pen. Unfortunately I don't have a loupe or magnifying glass handy to check it out but from what I've seen elsewhere the font looks right.

It also has "Made in Germany" under the clip but not the word "Pix" I've also read that this has changed over the years but obviously I'm no expert.

Edited by Kyle M.

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! So glad to have you as a member!!

You may want to post your question in the MontBlanc subforum as it would get more views there.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

36 minutes ago, PAKMAN said:

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! So glad to have you as a member!!

You may want to post your question in the MontBlanc subforum as it would get more views there.

Thanks, I’ll give that a try. 

Hello welcome to FPN

personal i dont like the brand Montblanc, because for me is a Poser brand. But i like 1 or 2 pen of this Brand and some ink of this brand.

Hi there! Glad to have you on board, hope the pen is the real deal and double check with the Montblanc subforum as other people said.

Worst case scenario, you can return it, right? We had at least two big lists on fountain pen shops, one for USA and the international one as well, I'd recommend checking on them over Amazon or eBay.

As a starting tip, get ink samples above some big bottle, they can last for months even if you take notes on the daily. Enjoy your stay :)

Always looking for new ways to downsize my collection.