EFNIR: Lamy Vibrant Pink

LizEF

3 hours ago, chromantic said:

After initially planning on using Pinkly in my Optima Luce Rosa, I decided to use this instead. Great match for the pen and well-behaved, too.

:thumbup: it's a great ink for markup.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• chromantic

• amberleadavis

• fireant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, chromantic said:

After initially planning on using Pinkly in my Optima Luce Rosa, I decided to use this instead. Great match for the pen and well-behaved, too.

OOO nice choice, but Pinkly is amazing too.

On 7/27/2021 at 8:49 AM, LizEF said:

Thank you!  And you're most welcome! :)

Hmm.  Sparkles?  Is there glitter in this ink?  I didn't get any glitter... :unsure:  Just googled Levenger Pinkly - yeah, that's even more hot pink!  Suitable for Cindi Lauper's hair... ;)

No sparkles for me.

On 7/28/2021 at 1:37 PM, namrehsnoom said:

Thanks for this review… always great to know an ink is not for me 😉

Nope, this ink is not for you.

@LizEF This ink is very hard to capture the color.

large.2022-04-14_00019.jpg.7aed842aa9a860228c83f8419001b303.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

5 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

@LizEF This ink is very hard to capture the color.

large.2022-04-14_00019.jpg.7aed842aa9a860228c83f8419001b303.jpg

So many inks are hard to capture, but that's a gorgeous display of pink you managed there! :D  Thanks for the addition!

^^ amberlea - I have Pinkly! in my M300 Ruby so I thought I'd used something different in the Optima.

Pinkly doesn't have sparkles, no, but the Lamy does, very tiny gold specks and very diffuse (nothing at all like a shimmer ink) so you might not notice them unless you look very carefully. Out of three small squiggles, I counted 6 specks.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

9 hours ago, chromantic said:

^^ amberlea - I have Pinkly! in my M300 Ruby so I thought I'd used something different in the Optima.

Pinkly doesn't have sparkles, no, but the Lamy does, very tiny gold specks and very diffuse (nothing at all like a shimmer ink) so you might not notice them unless you look very carefully. Out of three small squiggles, I counted 6 specks.

Is it specks or just sheen?  I do see sheen with the pilot  parallel.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

16 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Is it specks or just sheen?  I do see sheen with the pilot  parallel.

It does have gold sheen but it also has gold speckles. Vis mentions them in their review and shows them in a couple of the photos.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

5 hours ago, chromantic said:

It does have gold sheen but it also has gold speckles. Vis mentions them in their review and shows them in a couple of the photos.

Cool

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 12:48 AM, amberleadavis said:

OOO nice choice, but Pinkly is amazing too.

Amber, What size parallel nib did you use?

1 hour ago, fireant said:

Amber, What size parallel nib did you use?

2.4 mm

PXL_20220704_214554853.thumb.jpg.0b5e65fe56ab9f4d47f4dd14cc91ba6c.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 7/27/2021 at 7:24 AM, LizEF said:

Cleaning was easy despite the fact that the ink likes to cling.  You'll need pen flush or a swab to convince it to let go, or perhaps more plain-water flushes than I was willing to try. :)

So, I had this in a Platinum 3776 Century, SF, for a long time.  Both the section and the converter proved a pain to clean.  After several flushes, some soaking, some pen flush, and two trips through the ultrasonic cleaner, I ended up taking the converter apart to get the pink off the piston head.  A few more plain water flushes did the trick on the section to push out the remaining ink the ultrasonic loosened.  The lip of my bulb syringe is now stained pink...

I conclude that the longer this ink stays in contact with your pen, the more tightly it clings!  Forewarned is forearmed: use a pen that's easy to clean!

Not sure how I seem to have missed this thread before now.  I have a bottle of Vibrant Pink, but have never opened it (I have had trouble with some shimmer inks in the past, and the pen I mostly used for them had to get repaired recently when the piston rod snapped... :crybaby:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 hours ago, LizEF said:

So, I had this in a Platinum 3776 Century, SF, for a long time.  Both the section and the converter proved a pain to clean.  After several flushes, some soaking, some pen flush, and two trips through the ultrasonic cleaner, I ended up taking the converter apart to get the pink off the piston head.  A few more plain water flushes did the trick on the section to push out the remaining ink the ultrasonic loosened.  The lip of my bulb syringe is now stained pink...

I conclude that the longer this ink stays in contact with your pen, the more tightly it clings!  Forewarned is forearmed: use a pen that's easy to clean!

Yep. You can even say that any pink ink, kept in a pen will make you regret it :D

1 hour ago, inkstainedruth said:

Not sure how I seem to have missed this thread before now.  I have a bottle of Vibrant Pink, but have never opened it (I have had trouble with some shimmer inks in the past, and the pen I mostly used for them had to get repaired recently when the piston rod snapped... :crybaby:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Some people say there's shimmer, but I never saw any.  Gold sheen, yes, but no shimmer.  You can always not shake it up.  Hope your pen recovers quickly! ;)

1 hour ago, yazeh said:

Yep. You can even say that any pink ink, kept in a pen will make you regret it :D

:lol:  I actually like the color - it's great for markup, but when it's that hard to clean, well, let's just say I'm glad I only have about half a mL left.