Am I the only one who noticed that many inks are dirt cheap at Cult Pens? I can’t be, right?

collectorofmanythings

I haven’t heard many people talk about this, so I just wanted to make those who are unaware now aware. Here is just a quick thing on some price comparisons. “Retail” price was taken from online fountain pen and ink retailers:

DIAMINE 30ml

Cult Pens- $2.47

Retail- $7.50

PELIKAN 4001 30ml

Cult Pens- $4.82

Retail- $11.75

ROHRER & KLINGNER 50ml

Cult Pens- $5

Retail- $11.95

PARKER QUINK 57ml

Cult Pens- $5.21

Retail- $11.02

DIAMINE 80ml

Cult Pens- $6.21

Retail- $14.95

WATERMAN 50ml

Cult Pens- $6.51

Retail- $12

PELIKAN 4001 62.5ml

Cult Pens- $7.52

Retail- $16.50

DIAMINE 150th ANNIVERSARY 40ml

Cult Pens- $8.15

Retail- $15.50

HERBIN 30ml

Cult Pens- $8.40

Retail- $12.95

KAWECO 50ml

Cult Pens- $8.41

Retail- $12

CROSS 62.5ml

Cult Pens- $9.47

Retail- $16

LAMY CRYSTAL 30ml

Cult Pens- $9.99

Retail- $16

JACQUES HERBIN 1670 50ml

Cult Pens- $18.39

Retail- $29.50

JACQUES HERBIN 1798 50ml

Cult Pens- $21.02

Retail- $29.50

MONTBLANC AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS BLUE 50ml

Cult Pens- $33.66

Retail- $40

I just wanted to tell all of you who weren’t aware.

Have a nice day,

W. Major

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• collectorofmanythings

• Frank C

• bunnspecial

• christam

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. It's true. They also have free shipping to the USA. They do charge me Nevada State Sales Tax, but they also offer a 10% discount, so it's about a wash. They ship via DHL, so it takes about one week to get to me. 

Of course, now that you let everyone know about this, I'm sure that the manufacturers are going to force them to end this. :o

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I've ordered ink from them a few times. By far and away the cheapest place to get your common "staple" inks and even some more exotic ones.

Cult Pens is my favourite online retailer in the UK. Some of their prices are the best you’ll find anywhere and their efficiency with picking/despatching orders is exceptional. But ……. many of the ink prices are fairly closely matched by other online sellers in the UK and while our Diamine etc prices might be cheap, we also pay £29.95 ($41) for a bottle of Iroshizuku, which I believe is a lot more than you’d expect to pay in the US. 

1 hour ago, Frank C said:

Yes. It's true. They also have free shipping to the USA. They do charge me Nevada State Sales Tax, but they also offer a 10% discount, so it's about a wash. They ship via DHL, so it takes about one week to get to me. 

Of course, now that you let everyone know about this, I'm sure that the manufacturers are going to force them to end this. :o

Nooo! Let’s hope that doesn’t happen. 

40 minutes ago, christam said:

Cult Pens is my favourite online retailer in the UK. Some of their prices are the best you’ll find anywhere and their efficiency with picking/despatching orders is exceptional. But ……. many of the ink prices are fairly closely matched by other online sellers in the UK and while our Diamine etc prices might be cheap, we also pay £29.95 ($41) for a bottle of Iroshizuku, which I believe is a lot more than you’d expect to pay in the US. 

Iroshizuku here retails for about $23. I know they are similar to other UK retailers, but they have 10% off if you are from the US as well.

1 hour ago, Frank C said:

I added two inks to my cart and the shipping was 15 bucks. Not bad, but that's not free. I'm assuming you have to spend a certain amount. Likely over 100 - 150 bucks?

1 minute ago, sirgilbert357 said:

I added two inks to my cart and the shipping was 15 bucks. Not bad, but that's not free. I'm assuming you have to spend a certain amount. Likely over 100 - 150 bucks?

Free shipping to United States on all orders above $90

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

25 minutes ago, sirgilbert357 said:

I'm assuming you have to spend a certain amount. Likely over 100 - 150 bucks?

I see — as in, I checked just now by selecting different delivery destinations — Cult Pens has just changed its policy with regard to free international delivery eligibility threshold, notwithstanding that the Delivery Information page still states, “Free delivery will apply to most of Europe if your order is over £‌52.50 GBP and under 2kg, but if you add items to your basket and enter the checkout, you can confirm the delivery costs and options.”

Until very recently, the threshold criterion was uniformly order value total of £58.33 (after all applicable discounts, and excluding shipping costs) before tax, which was a carry-over from its long-standing policy of free international shipping for orders over £70 (incl. 20% VAT) to no matter where outside the UK. However, now the threshold seems to been raised to £150 for some European countries; that may or may not have something to do with whether Royal Mail will accept dispatch to those particular countries. The threshold for free international shipping by DHL has always been higher.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.