Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Monteverde Keylime Pie & Scribes Green Apple CRV

TSherbs

Amber's Key Lime Pie (Monteverde "Sweet Life" series) is at the top. The bottom is a quick sample from a bottle of Scribes ink "Green Apple" and the bottle label also has "Washington" on it. I couldn't find this ink online, so I am not sure how else to identify it. It does have a "granny-smith-apple" hue to it and is slightly darker than the Monterverde KeyLime. At first I thought that maybe Amber had transferred the Monteverde ink into this other bottle, but, no, this ink is definitely slightly darker. Dark enough to use in everyday writing (if you can use an orange, then you can use this green). 

Pen: Jinhao Centennial

nib: Jinhao bent "fude"

IMG_20210721_103102411.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• PithyProlix

• TSherbs

• LizEF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for this one, too!   Probably not quite my shade of green, but still nice to see. :)

3 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

Interesting.

This link goes to a bottle with a different label. The label in the pic says "sented" [sic], which it isn't. And my green is darker, duskier (slightly). But thanks, my search did not turn this up (for some reason or another). 

I understand that Scribes' has another green, scented, called Green Dreams [Cannabis], that actually contains THC! 🥴  Hey - they are from California!  

"Most people enjoy the sight of their own handwriting as they enjoy the smell of their own farts." - W. H. Auden

On 7/22/2021 at 7:38 AM, PithyProlix said:

I understand that Scribes' has another green, scented, called Green Dreams [Cannabis], that actually contains THC! 🥴  Hey - they are from California!  

Shucks. Why didn't Amber send me that one?? 

On 7/22/2021 at 4:38 AM, PithyProlix said:

On 7/23/2021 at 9:37 AM, TSherbs said:

Shucks. Why didn't Amber send me that one?? 

I have it here in Vegas, but I thought it might be a bad idea to send controlled substances via USPS.  

:). As we all know, ink is highly addictive.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar

Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

57 minutes ago, amberleadavis said:

I have it here in Vegas, but I thought it might be a bad idea to send controlled substances via USPS.  

😜

1 hour ago, amberleadavis said:

:lticaptd:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

6 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Oh, good. Maybe you could 'test' it for us? (Just don't inhale ...)

"Most people enjoy the sight of their own handwriting as they enjoy the smell of their own farts." - W. H. Auden

Okay, I'll do that with my next fill.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar

Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY